Cathal Valley - First In

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Phantomby said:
I posted a couple of times that i would be in CV at xxx time and got there to find noone around at all.

I agree with Don about making it lvl 50 rr4.9 upper level simply so people have an option to play there and dont have to roll another alt. However as Bond says, you get lvl 50 LT, lvl 50 nuke, levi, CL's etc But i think i would rather that than a dead BG with loads of potential.
I guess, give ml9 pet as well :d

Donledirse

Fledgling Freddie
They could just cap the ML limit at 6, 2 higher than leirvik :)

So no ml9 pet, brittle guard, warguard, zephry etc

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Bondoila said:
I guess, give ml9 pet as well :d

heh its that high ML path Op shit that i hate, i dont mind lvl 50 skills but warlord making me hit like a girl or ml9 pet n kite is just zzzz for fun fights.

anyway, im playing mid thid until Cv sorts itself out. Maybe when they add a keep for people to hide in CV will get more players (i live in hope).

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Donledirse said:
At least we could all take our low RR chars in there for some quick action and not have to worry about facing RR11+ tweaked fg's or stupidly over powered RR10+ soloers.
One of the reason i cba to even look in CV is the prospect of buffed 49th lvl toons with artis and 49th lvl bots, ra's like purge 3, etc, running riot (v much like already spoils lervik, where to meet a fully twinked rr4 wanker once every 1hr and nothing else). There seems a particular type of player who just twinks out toons for bgs, stays just below rps cap and just fuck them up.

They could be nice fun to get a few rps, ml xp, etc...a bit of experience figuring out an unfarmilar toon and some casual rvr. Unfortunately, they ain't and you're better off taking a toon to 50th and getting the casual rvr in the regular frontiers.

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
I know it sounds drastic, but:
- no artifacts (read - no special abilties, just the SC part)
- no ML
- no CL
- no BB
- only the RA's you get from your RR are available

--> get a group(!) and have fun ;)

It won't ever happen but with lot's of chars being (over)optimized, buffed to the brim, having tons of /uses to drop on you it's just too fast.

Givf longer and more tactical fights, DAoC is not Counterstrike!

Just to remember what was in the documentation when I started to play DAoC:
- blue mob: doable in most cases, good XP and cash = standard mob to level on
- yellow mob: if you managed to slay one - go to the local tavern and tell the story and feel like a hero
- orange mob: you *might* survive this with luck, but most likely you are dead after a short time
- red/purple con mob: RUN!

So at an equal level (or almost) we talk about players con yellow to each other... so if you can beat the other - nice thing!

When was the last time you had to run from or died to a yellow con mob? Is it only me to read stories how people can kill certain ora con mobs at the same time? Or wait... ora? Too low... right? Bad XP... lets go for low purple... yeah, and more than one please at a time.

When was the last time you was OOE, OOP? In a group the support chars help with that... that's the way it should be... not the millions of motionless BB's or the ones on /STICK.

Learn to fear the enemies again... on the very basic level of classes/abilities and not because the other guy has the better barrels in backpack, the better stuffed BB and so on. That way you might come to enjoy the game (again) and get a break from that silly arti/scroll/ML/CL/optimized template/BB thingie the game has developed into.

But maybe it's just me feeling that way... I guess it is.

:m00:

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
But that's what the players have made DAoC into.
I rarely go to NF at all (& neither do hardly any of my friends) cos I usually don't even see the RR10+ caster that kills me in 2 seconds flat - I just get 2 seconds of lag & then I can hit /release.
L50+ RvR is a complete waste of time as far as I'm concerned.

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
OohhoO said:
But that's what the players have made DAoC into.
I rarely go to NF at all (& neither do hardly any of my friends) cos I usually don't even see the RR10+ caster that kills me in 2 seconds flat - I just get 2 seconds of lag & then I can hit /release.
L50+ RvR is a complete waste of time as far as I'm concerned.

Met a menta the other day... well... might better say HE met me. Stunned me (oh well) and then *what-a-kind-guy* DOTed me first!!! That gave me like 3 seconds more to enjoy me being stunned!!! When my Purge1 fired and he saw me hitting heal it was BANG/BANG/BANG --> dead. But that was "only" after ... hm... 5 seconds? Lucky me...

So I know what you mean... I hope that I will get my fair share of fights where I at least have a chance to play my char. I really hope that. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense being on the "player" side. Can then better start to roll a decent "mob" toon and find a nice spawn point (maybe get a blue con newbie player that mixed up QBAR's etc...)

As a mob you could get "death points" and can slowly graduate to a higher level mob and after like 10 years of playing you are a lvl70+ mob where it needs more than one player to kill you. Then you finally can get revenge!!! RAWR!!!

/sarcastic mode off

P.S. No flaming for my example with the menta please - that was just to illustrate what I mean. He/she played the char and used the tools and who am I to argue about that? If I would have seen him/her before and/or got better resists and would have been able to interrupt him/her and would have been able to close the distance to him/her ... I think I could have actually started to fight and spank him/her through the thin cloth armor he/she got.

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Jor said:
I know it sounds drastic, but:
- no artifacts (read - no special abilties, just the SC part)
- no ML
- no CL
- no BB
- only the RA's you get from your RR are available

--> get a group(!) and have fun ;)

It won't ever happen but with lot's of chars being (over)optimized, buffed to the brim, having tons of /uses to drop on you it's just too fast.

Givf longer and more tactical fights, DAoC is not Counterstrike!

Just to remember what was in the documentation when I started to play DAoC:
- blue mob: doable in most cases, good XP and cash = standard mob to level on
- yellow mob: if you managed to slay one - go to the local tavern and tell the story and feel like a hero
- orange mob: you *might* survive this with luck, but most likely you are dead after a short time
- red/purple con mob: RUN!

So at an equal level (or almost) we talk about players con yellow to each other... so if you can beat the other - nice thing!

When was the last time you had to run from or died to a yellow con mob? Is it only me to read stories how people can kill certain ora con mobs at the same time? Or wait... ora? Too low... right? Bad XP... lets go for low purple... yeah, and more than one please at a time.

When was the last time you was OOE, OOP? In a group the support chars help with that... that's the way it should be... not the millions of motionless BB's or the ones on /STICK.

Learn to fear the enemies again... on the very basic level of classes/abilities and not because the other guy has the better barrels in backpack, the better stuffed BB and so on. That way you might come to enjoy the game (again) and get a break from that silly arti/scroll/ML/CL/optimized template/BB thingie the game has developed into.

But maybe it's just me feeling that way... I guess it is.

:m00:

Repped for that m8
give back the daoc where you actually could have some fights even tho you werent opted
Daoc today is for the people that pay for 3 accs, have tons of time to farm items, artis, cl, mls and so on

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Donledirse said:
This is the problem though, from talking to a lot of people. Most have lvl 50's in every slot even over two accounts lol

And others cba to lvl a new toon to 49 to play in a dead bg.

Mythic need to make CV a lvl 45 - 50 bg for sure, and just keep the RR cap at 4l9. At least we could all take our low RR chars in there for some quick action and not have to worry about facing RR11+ tweaked fg's or stupidly over powered RR10+ soloers.

But I still have a lvl 49 vamp and might lvl up my vw or warden in time if it ever gets busier.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Donledirse again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom