Catacombs release dates [Official]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
It's quite 'normal' for people to take off work to do things they enjoy - others do it to follow Chelsea round europe, some do it to go to Wimbledon, don't see why a computer game is any different, me and my partner both got next week off hoping to play this. we'll be playing WoW and maybe Timesplitters on the Xbox instead, but really don't see taking time off work to do the things you enjoy most is a cause for concern :)

Very good point :)

Although i really meant the getting all pissed off part was taking it too seriously. I think taking time off work for gaming is fine. The point was sure you should be a little angry/disapointed but getting pissed off rather than trying to find something else to enjoy is taking daoc a bit far. Your getting pissed off is only gonna make you feel shitty not GOA so best to get over it.all my opinion ofc.

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
Its ok you can all stop searching the shops now.

It has been confirmed that ALL the copies for teh UK market are still in a warehouse somewhere, and the EARLIEST you will be able to get a copy will be 1st April as thats and I quote "the officail release date we have". Prolly get it a little quicker online but who can tell?

Oh and .. no prizes for guessing who I spoke to.

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
collegien said:
Its ok you can all stop searching the shops now.

It has been confirmed that ALL the copies for teh UK market are still in a warehouse somewhere, and the EARLIEST you will be able to get a copy will be 1st April as thats and I quote "the officail release date we have". Prolly get it a little quicker online but who can tell?

Oh and .. no prizes for guessing who I spoke to.

nice one coll, shame they couldnt have told us this and saved our time and money...

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Thing is when you go to the GOA website they direct UK customers to order the game from play.com

If Catacombs is live on the server and play.com haven't delivered the game to UK customers then GOA are gonna have a lot of unhappy customers on their hands.

ceator

Fledgling Freddie
Come on Goa Get you ass into gear and give us the players the CORRECT information instead of fobbing us off.

Ceator
ML 3 Convoker
RR 2

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Who the hell is the distributor of the game that forced the release to be at 1 of April?

I promise that I'll only get cracked copies of the games they release in the future... GOA can feel lucky they are an online game....bouse THAT I have to buy.... :)

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
the first post in this thread clarified that bud and gave the reasons.....

my only upset is that if its not supposed to be released till 1st april... then patch day should have been last day in march...

my reason is simple... if peeps do receive the expansion earlier than this... they can install and start getting their new classes lvld......

just a thought from my no brainer head thats all....

and thanx for warning us requiel m8

<board cause servers are down for update that we cant play yet :m00: >

Sir_Otreil

Fledgling Freddie
Answer from amazon.co.uk :(

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

Please note that we are the retailer of this item "Dark Age Of
Camelot Catacombs (PC)" and solely depend on the information received
from the supplier.

In this case your order has not been dispatched because the item has
not yet been released. This video game is currently scheduled for
release on April 15, 2005, and we will notify you if we find that
this date changes.

As soon as we receive stock of this item from our supplier, we will
dispatch your order. At the time of dispatch, we'll send you an e-mail
message confirming the date, contents and method of delivery. As per
our standard policy, we will not debit money from your payment card or
bank account until just before we dispatch your order.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Warmest regards

Sanjib D.
Customer Service
Amazon.co.uk

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I beleive this is GOA's PR company (I maybe wrong), who may or may not be responsible for its distribution too:

http://www.bastion.co.uk/

Oddly enough a UK company too, shame they dont know we play the game yet.

The funniest part by far though is this page http://www.bastion.co.uk/launch.html to quote;

For some of our clients, that means developing hard-hitting media relations campaigns; for others, it means creating stunning advertisments, or organising an unforgattable product launch!
Shame they dont seem to have got the hang of it in DAoC's case.

Gamah

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
I beleive this is GOA's PR company (I maybe wrong), who may or may not be responsible for its distribution too:

Oddly enough a UK company too, shame they dont know we play the game yet.

The funniest part by far though is this page http://www.bastion.co.uk/launch.html to quote;

Shame they dont seem to have got the hang of it in DAoC's case.

are you sure? they dont have GOA listed as clients :eek:

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Would be really nice to know who is responsible for the cockup. I would love to know, can vent my anger and frustration out on them and will give me something to do while awaiting the servers

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Accupuncture said:
Would be really nice to know who is responsible for the cockup. I would love to know, can vent my anger and frustration out on them and will give me something to do while awaiting the servers
It wouldnt be worth hastling anyone, GOA have done their part in providing the servers, so flaming them isnt the answer. As for any PR company or distributer, that will just lead to ignored mail or you being reported to your ISP as spam / offensive mail.

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
Clearly GOA tried to fix that release date hassle and some of retailers promised to sell the box when they get it.

BUT the biggest problem is that GOA did not send copies in time for retailers to put forward. 2 days from manufacture to end-user is not enough time. GOA does promise *delivered to your door at release day* on their website.

Imo they should have delivred the boxes much earlier like friday before the release. Every1 would have the copy and would have been able to activate on release day (not earlier) and play this nice long weekend.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:
So it's Easter bank holiday and looks like UK players will have the joyous experience of playing an empty game, while the rest of Europe gleefully runs around catacombs.

Wrong. If for example a Finnish gameshop got their set of Catacombses today and sending to ppl around the country, they won't get theirs before Tuesday, as it's Easter holidays and mail doesn't run here on Easter. Dunno about other Nordic countries, but I'd guess it's the same there and most of Europe, but what do I know :O

Dubaxter

Fledgling Freddie
"I beleive this is GOA's PR company (I maybe wrong), who may or may not be responsible for its distribution too:

Oddly enough a UK company too, shame they dont know we play the game yet."

I have just spoken to Charlotte at Bastion who was extremely helpful. They are not the distributors of the game but I now know who is and have a contact name and email address and phone number for him. I will keep you informed as Im getting towards the end of the line between retailers and who actually has it as we speak :p

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Well there were quite a few stores in Sweden that had Catacombs. Unfortunatly they got waaaaaay to few copies.

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
I have just had a very interesting conversation with a gentleman at HIP they are the distributers for GOA.

He has confirmed that the game was setback to the 1st of april as a direct result of preasure put on them by MEGA.

He also told me that this was also a joint decision with GOA, HIP and MEGA.
He also said that the information we have been given about a release today is a lie. All parties in this release all new what day/date the game would be released well in advance.
He also confirmed that everywhere in Europe and the UK will not be receiving the game until the 1st April.

So it looks like we are all held to ransom by a retailer and fed misinformation from GOA for, I can only assume fear of its players.

I hope I have been of some help to the many like me who just wanted to know why we were lied to.

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like that guy is misinforming you himself Accu...

From the threads on these boards there seem to be more than a few retailers in Europe who have already received delivery of the game.

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Lamont said:
Looks like that guy is misinforming you himself Accu...

From the threads on these boards there seem to be more than a few retailers in Europe who have already received delivery of the game.

Where they are from I have no idea but its not difficult to get games before release.

I dont know if HIP are their only distributer.

Maybe some were sent out before the fall out with MEGA.

Whatever the reason will be the 1st before we are playing and that sux, that a retailer has so much power.

Microsoft eat your heart out

Ioild

Fledgling Freddie
As it can be read in several threads on this forum, it seems to have been released in most of scandinavia, Germany, France and few other countries in europe.

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
Accupuncture said:
Where they are from I have no idea but its not difficult to get games before release.

I dont know if HIP are their only distributer.

Maybe some were sent out before the fall out with MEGA.

I'll tell you one thing...

I am REALLY looking forward to the 'official' statement on why all of the 'official' promises we've all been given have turned out to be undelivered (broken?).

I'm not so interested in blaming anyone, but more in fixing the problem ASAP.

Of course, everyone at GOA will be busy for most of the day with the patching process, but I would hope that as an act of common courtesy someone in an official capacity enlightens us as to what has gone so badly wrong.

Many of us gave them the benefit of the (substantial) doubt and assumed they would deliver. More annoyingly, many of us have spent time and money trying to materialise the promises we were given.

Patience is starting to wear a bit thin though... and the silent man is always assumed to be guilty. :(

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
So look like the UK are shaffted again - nothing new there. We even have to wait for updates to be translated to other languages before we in the uk can play.

I love GOA

Im just glad the game is worth the wait or im sure I would not be the only one looking for something else.

Ioild

Fledgling Freddie
Accupuncture said:
We even have to wait for updates to be translated to other languages before we in the uk can play.

Remember it is not only english ppl that play on the english servers ;)

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Ioild said:
Remember it is not only english ppl that play on the english servers ;)
You lost me on this one. If you play on the English server the language is English and needs no translation.

So why do we in the UK have to wait for it to be translated to other languages. Just patch the 2 English speaking servers first let the rest wait. Lets face it we have to wait for Catacombs ;)

Anyway getting old news now so lets close this tread I have found out all I need to know and am resigned to the fact it will be after the easter hols before we will be able to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom