Catacombs release dates [Official]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
York said:
Ive just got back in from a trip round town (Lincoln).

GAME dont have it (no news there)
HMV dont have it, although the guy said 15th april
Gamestation dont have it (nor do they intent too so the guy said, they dont do DaoC in general, but from a previous post they seem to sell it online)
Swallowgames.co.uk dont have it (same again 15th april)

Disappointed to say the least.

Went in to my local gamestation and askd tho he knew nothing about catas he said they have TOA on the shelf, so they will get it he said. i said ill call him tommoz :)

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
I suspect you will get nothing in way of a list as this will just confirm what I have suspected all along.

I have every respect for our GM's and the work they do in the community.

BUT!!

We are entiteld to be given information that is correct and accurate and as of this moment we have not be given either.

I also do not understand, why GOA have play.com as a link on their website and the main uk distributer and that distributer know sfa about the release or when they will have it in stock.
If they are not going to supply the game before the 1st I would like to know so that I and I suspect a large number of others will cancel their order and get it from elsewhere.

If we could lol

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Another one to cross off the list of possibles - spoke to a nice guy at Gameplay (who incidentally told me they have recently been bought out by Game grrrrrr) they don't have stock so even if they had an official word it was released tomorrow they couldn't ship it :(

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
Both Playerone and Cdon in Finland have changed their release day from 25th to 30 :(

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Lol this is dire tbh. I was quite happy to wait a few days over easter but now it seems the sodding thing aint even gonna be distributed until april.

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
sad as it sounds anyone tried calling Comet or Currys?......... sorry just scraping the bottom of the barrel now... i think between us we tried everywhere else just dont recall seeing these shit places. anyone?

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Berthold said:
sad as it sounds anyone tried calling Comet or Currys?......... sorry just scraping the bottom of the barrel now... i think between us we tried everywhere else just dont recall seeing these shit places. anyone?

hahahahahaha almost as bad as calling pc world (incidently they have never heard of it) lol

So I think the RETAILERS as we have been informed must be from another planet.

Or as im sure im not the only one to suspect are not based in the UK ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
just a positive note for those thinking "omg we always get the raw deal":

Catacombs is 30 euro (22 pounds) in france/germany (not sure about anywhere else)

it's 15 pounds from play.com...

So we do get a discount at least ;)

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
just a positive note for those thinking "omg we always get the raw deal":

Catacombs is 30 euro (22 pounds) in france/germany (not sure about anywhere else)

it's 15 pounds from play.com...

So we do get a discount at least ;)

lol I would gladly pay 30 euro to be able to play on the day of release, sod the discount

stoptryingtohitme

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, i should have pre ordered it from the european play.com, then just change the language folder so it'd run an english client... howeva i think it'd take exactly the ssame time if i waited for it to be sent from the british play.com.... :(

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Accupuncture said:
lol I would gladly pay 30 euro to be able to play on the day of release, sod the discount

Indeed, a 4 day weekend of gaming beats a month of a couple of hours each evening after work :)

York

Fledgling Freddie
Berthold said:
Went in to my local gamestation and askd tho he knew nothing about catas he said they have TOA on the shelf, so they will get it he said. i said ill call him tommoz :)

Which store was that?
Lincoln store said they dont even stock it (any of the expansions/original game).

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Least we forget this was posted by our GM and we are all waiting with anticipation!!

However we are sending stocks to all UK retailers this week (at the same time as for other European retailers). We know that most of them will sell stock as soon as they recieve it rather than wait for release dates so we know that UK players won't be at a disadvantage. 'Mega' 'wins' it's fight to move the release to April, UK players can get the game for patch day and our distributors don't have to deal with losing 'Mega' as a client.

This is why any site you go to will have a release date of the 1st April or later. However shipment of stock happened today, so as soon as retailers recieve their boxes they will be sending it out. As far as we are concerned the release date is still the 24th March. There has been a considerable amount of effort put in place to ensure that UK players have the opportunity to buy the game at the same time as gamers on the continent and we are confident that this will be the case.

Come on all we are asking is to either come clean that they have screwed up and we are not as important as our european players or give us a list of retailers selling the addon that will allow us in the UK to play on "as far as we are concerned the realease date is still the 24th March" so we may spend our money and line GOA/Mythic's pockets with our cash.

Funkybunny

Banned
ok... 7 stores visited in the nearby of where i am..

4 stores didnt know what dark age of camelot is.
2 didnt plan or didnt know what the plans were
1 answered "i think someone here ordered it but it hasnt showed up yet.. i think we might get it at the end of next week"..

if im lucky i MIGHT get this expansion in 1 week or so.. good job on the new advertisingplans goa... whos yer ad-agency? i want so good planners and shakers aswell when i get a product i wanna sell..

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Just noticed that Dimension Plus has the release date set at 01/04/2005 - that is what they told me their supplier has given them. So they do not expect to have the game at 24th or 25th.

I'm disappointed with that, to say the least. Especially since we're getting the English version and German/French version are already being sold in the shops. (Apparantly it's not just GB that's suffering from that mess with the english release date.)

/disappointed. :/

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Well Game Shops in Southampton not stocking it yet (Geee how close to France am I :( ) infact 1 Game shop never even Heard of Daoc :wanker: 's

Well just goes to show How Daoc has been advertised Dont think If EA-Playstation-Nintendo if they Owned this game would give it Such a Low infact Non Existent Publicising Campaign for a game that I have seen from Mythic/Goa no wonder new players are not getting interested in the Game.

Be Ashamed Mythic/Goa you cant't even get a release date for Catacombs Right If I was manager of Goa I be asking very a lot of Questions and a few Employees be picking up they P45's for this Cock up.

If I ever need a Wedding or Any Party Arranged and you company's were involved in arranging it I wont be calling on you Services as you couldn't arrange a Piss up in a Brewery.

Soulja

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
I've had a fair few people tell me that release date is being put back in other countries too, i dont understand wtf is going on. How come only the English version of the damn game is causing problems? Is it some sort of subtle hint to roll chars elsewhere so they dont have to run english servers anymore?

The worst thing of all about this situation is that the english servers were the very ones needing a smooth release of the expansion along with a good marketing campaign to attract new and old players to the servers. Now we have got neither it seems. Pretty depressing really.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Nerf not being able to edit last post :z

Thinking about it, maybe GOA has seen the UK is never gonna get hold of the game this week so has decided to push the release date back for the English version in all countries. Would make sense so that everyone gets it at the same time. A situation that would be far better imo, i dont mind waiting so much if everyone is waiting too.

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Just got of the phone with the 2 local shops in Solna, Sweden. Game did not even had it on it´s release list and EB Games says they should have gotten it the 24:th but due to delays they have moved it to the 1:st.

So, the question where to get this game on the release day is still as illusive as it has been for the last few weeks.

/Otho

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Accupuncture said:

indeed, me too, but just saying it's not all bad :p

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
i just got a email back from gamestation that i sent a few days ago.... so here it is.....

We won't be releasing Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs until 15th April. This is based upon our latest information from the games publishers, HIP.
Thanks for the enquiry,
Regards
Alec
Web Admin
Gamestation
0845 345 0335
www.Gamestation.co.uk

so that i think is that for them and us i guess. so its looking like 15th april at best for everyone tbh....... what a joke. they are refusing to sell it till the 15th reguardless if it is in stock.

Jace

Fledgling Freddie
Perhaps this farce could have been easily avoided if ‘Mega’ had been given adequate notice of the intended release date, like every other publisher seems to manage. Most other releases appear available for pre-order some months before actual release yet Catacombs only appeared very recently so I’m not at all surprised ‘Mega’ told em where to shove it.

Anyway, for anyone with a pre-order from Gameplay, they are saying that as of now they have not received any stock and are convinced that 1st April is the release date and that they will not receive stock to meet the supposed ‘official’ release. They did however say they are looking into it as they have had several enquiries and can understand why people are pissed off.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I understand people are frustrated, but posting personal attacks will not be tolerated, especially ones at the GMs.

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I understand people are frustrated, but posting personal attacks will not be tolerated, especially ones at the GMs.

i dont think people are making any personal attacks they just want to know whats going on, we was told for weeks all will be ok and now turns out 99% of retail shops have never herd of it and the few who have aint gonna sell it untill the 15th april. i think the player base are frustrated with misinforamtion. i mean ive spent proberly pounds of my own cash on phone calls as many other people have to try and sort this mess out.. we the players are not PR for GOA yet it seems we are the only ones trying.....................................

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
<sigh>

You guys want things far too easy...

By the time it does finally appear in mid April you can feel content that by waiting you worked hardest for it so deserve it more...

As Mr Kevin Costner himself would have said if he were waiting for a copy...

'If they ship it, it will come'...

Gulag Vilse

Fledgling Freddie
Otho said:
Just got of the phone with the 2 local shops in Solna, Sweden. Game did not even had it on it´s release list and EB Games says they should have gotten it the 24:th but due to delays they have moved it to the 1:st.

So, the question where to get this game on the release day is still as illusive as it has been for the last few weeks.

/Otho

Try "webhallen.com" it in STHLM/SWE. i orded 4 copys today and it say it will be rel on 24/3
Just for me to get down to the store and pick it up tomorrow i hope.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
No personal attacks

Bloody French couldn't organise a defence with a huge pre-prepared defence line.

They hate us and will always put the English at the back of the queue.

I will always remember a skiing trip to Val Disere, at the toll booth an army of guides went from car to car asking if we were English, when we responded we were, they gave us a map showing an alternative slightly longer but less congested route to the resorts, so being naive we all set off, 40km down the road it was closed off, had been for weeks, so we turned round and hundreds of English descended on the toll booth, really pissed.
They had the Gendarmes all ready there who basically threatened arrest to anyone who kicked up a fuss.

We would NEVER EVER do that to tourists in the UK.
It's a French thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom