Catacombs release dates [Official]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Berthold said:
i dont think people are making any personal attacks they just want to know whats going on, we was told for weeks all will be ok and now turns out 99% of retail shops have never herd of it and the few who have aint gonna sell it untill the 15th april. i think the player base are frustrated with misinforamtion. i mean ive spent proberly pounds of my own cash on phone calls as many other people have to try and sort this mess out.. we the players are not PR for GOA yet it seems we are the only ones trying.....................................

Sorry shoulda have stated - I nuked two posts above that one which were over the line

Everything else here is ok so far.

Now I don't know anything more than anyone else but I expect play.com to stick with the company line of "1st april release date" but to send stock out to pre-orders as soon as they get it (as they usually do for all products) and that it'll be in the post tomorrow. Now since play.com are play.com and have a 3-5 day delivery time that's not gonna get to me till tuesday or later, but that's more down to the play.com delivery.

If it's still sitting at "preordered" on tuesday I'm gonna be annoyed of course.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
If it's still sitting at "preordered" on tuesday I'm gonna be annoyed of course.

I look forward to seeing your whine post on Tuesday Filmy, don't disappoint me :drink:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Dakkath said:
I look forward to seeing your whine post on Tuesday Filmy, don't disappoint me :drink:

I'll probably say "bah!" or something, this sort of thing doesn't really get me that worked up :p

If anyone is really desperate:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=53710
involves downloading client from US servers, ordering a german copy off of a company that runs via ebay and having the fellow send you the CD key.

It's an internet auction transaction etc. so be careful to make sure you don't get ripped off, though nimronn seems happy.

(the fellow has good feedback etc. so it's probably safe but still, at yer own risk - don't blame me or nimronn if it turns out to be a dodgy bloke selling everyone the same cd key ;))

spirery IA

Fledgling Freddie
ok, i have phoned special reserve to see where they stand and they havent got any copies in stock yet, but have said they will send out pre-orders as soon as they get it. seeing as release date is still 24th march you would think UK retailers would have it in stock a few days before the actual release day. :flame:

Etzel

Fledgling Freddie
Same shit different expansion, maybe i'll renew my subs and buy it when Game move it to the 98pence bin that I bought ToA from :flame:

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
As if other games, lag etc aint enough ... DAoC has to struggle with this too ... Im amazed ...

anyway ... is there anyone who have played US Catacombs and can answere if its possible to have a friend buy the expansion and ftp a mirror of the install disc (and phoning the cdkey) ?

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
The one certain thing about all this is that someone, somewhere is blowing smoke up the Uk players asses.

Copy of the email i got from Play.com when asked about the differing information on release dates..

Dear Xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

The information regarding product specifications comes directly from the releasing supplier. Whilst we strive to keep our website as up to date as possible, we are unable to provide any further details than those specified.

We are very sorry that we could not be of further help on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Email Support Team

Play

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i just find it perplexing that goa are now going up against the likes of WoW, and cant even release a simple expansion properly, i really dont know how they do things over there but in the UK it would have been marketed weeks before release to build up a demand and then released on time. if Game dont want to stock it then fine, there are plenty of other places around that are in competition with game that are willing to sell it but arent allowed because goa wont let them (nobody has recieved stock yet) its just stupid, and i am not blaming the GMs for giving us misinformation, i blame the retard management at Goa, heads should roll.

Jebelious

Fledgling Freddie
i have a local shop near where i live and they normally get the games before the major retailers, but i called them over the last few weeks and they didnt know when they were getting it in, so if its out tomorrow they may have stock "hoping"

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
I may have missed summat, but....

...why are you all assuming it's Game playing prima donna's when Requiel called them "Mega"? Sounds more like Virgin to me..

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
legaoniel said:
...why are you all assuming it's Game playing prima donna's when Requiel called them "Mega"? Sounds more like Virgin to me..

lol, its a anagram of Game... Mega simple really.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well, i just finished downloading it from the US client and ordered the game via Ebay, guy in germany will send me the CD keys tomorrow. Thanks to players of the game its possible to play tomorrow, no thanks to Goa though.

Ariimaith Silverfrost

Fledgling Freddie
I just want to let people know that Accupuncture has been banned from Freddys because of his posts on this subject. :-(

Arimaith

Gamah

Banned
07minister3cr.jpg

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
I still dont understand why we are told that all retailers in the uk have been sent their stock of the game and not 1 retailer I and quite a few others have found the total oppersite.

Could our GM's (the people that have access to GOA) please find this information out???

We are all awaiting a list of retailers.

As it stands at the moment my order on play.com for 3 copies is still showing as "preordered" a far cry from the "all players in the uk will not be at a disadvantage" & "We have gone to great lengths".

I have been banned from here and had my account re-instated. I will make no more comments in future post as to our GM's and as I stated in an earlier post they do for the most part a good job. All I ask is that they do not pass on missinformation that has not been investigated by them before they post missinformation be it supplied by GOA or not.

It harms the community as a whole and makes them look like pawns in a really shoddy release and they as GM and voices for the community can only expect people to be angry with them for posts that have no truth in them at all.

pomalllka

Fledgling Freddie
Accupuncture said:
I still dont understand why we are told that all retailers in the uk have been sent their stock of the game and not 1 retailer I and quite a few others have found the total oppersite.

Could our GM's (the people that have access to GOA) please find this information out???

We are all awaiting a list of retailers.

As it stands at the moment my order on play.com for 3 copies is still showing as "preordered" a far cry from the "all players in the uk will not be at a disadvantage" & "We have gone to great lengths".

I have been banned from here and had my account re-instated. I will make no more comments in future post as to our GM's and as I stated in an earlier post they do for the most part a good job. All I ask is that they do not pass on missinformation that has not been investigated by them before they post missinformation be it supplied by GOA or not.

It harms the community as a whole and makes them look like pawns in a really shoddy release and they as GM and voices for the community can only expect people to be angry with them for posts that have no truth in them at all.

aww cmon this is GOA so you know what to expect. Every release has been exactly the same as afar as the UK is concerned. They look after the continent first then sometime in april UK will get copies (we have customs and stuff to go through remember so the trannie van with the uk stock is bound to get stopped - add 2 days lag minimum, then its bank holiday so forget it till next week at the earliest).

Dont fall for the GM spin doctors :puke:

Pom

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ariimaith Silverfrost said:
I just want to let people know that Accupuncture has been banned from Freddys because of his posts on this subject. :-(

Arimaith

Actually he was banned for being abusive, he apologised though so I've let him back as long as he behaves :)

Calina

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Guildie from Denmark picked it up in a shop today and yet we can't even get a confirmation of getting in the UK by TUESDAY.

What shop was that?? Cause no shops I've called have it or even know when they will get it...

Could you please ask your guildie :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Reading Reqiuels posts, its not the GMs to blame, its their PR company (HIP), who decided before consulting GOA the delivery dates, and GOA bit back at them for doing so, but they still seem not to have fixed this issue. So shout at HIP not the GOA lads n lasses.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
hahhahah gotta luv this game, where is all the advertising promised, i visited most stores on Oxford street in London and asked about the release date, they naturally looked at me like i had 2 heads etc etc and cant even make the release date... another problem "that is out of our hands" by GOA

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Actually he was banned for being abusive, he apologised though so I've let him back as long as he behaves :)

I will not be prompted to explain to the community why I was banned they will judge me as they will as did you.

I am still awaiting a reply to the question that prompted me to post in the first place.

Where is this list of retailers as mentioned in the sticky, posted by one of our GM's that will be stocking and selling the game so we can play the game today.

I would assume if the information was supplied by GOA that that information would be forthcoming from our GM's.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Well, as im off work at the moment due to the inability to walk i decided to make a few phonecalls to companies in nearby glasgow.

Replies as follow:

Game Store 1: Not in stock at all. No release date available.
Game Store 2: (No1 always crap for info) What is this game then? not heard of it and not on system.

Gamestation: We will hopefully have it within a few weeks.

HMV: It is released on the 15th of April so we haven't got it here. You can preorder it for £19.99

Requiel, you really should speak to the distributers on this matter as either they lied to you or we being fed false information by GoA. I would rather believe it is the first one.

Gamah

Banned
Ok well I have checked Game x2, Gamestation, HMV, Virgin, WH Smith even Dixions...Nothing.

GOA congraulations, you have once again pissed on your UK player base, who would have thought it possible. On release day its impossible to get hold on the copy of the game..all the people I checked with don't have it in stock/have never heard of it. I usually defend GOA but this time, we have been mis-informed (read: lied too) by whoever the information is comming from..called whiners and moaners for our concern about the lack of publicity and wrong release dates and generally treated like the shit on your shoe..

I have had enough, I thought GOA had changed for the better, obviously I was wrong it is still the same confused, disorganised company I used to know and hate, it appears your right hand doesn't know what you left hand is doing...for gods sake, just transfer the UK servers to mythics controll and be done with it..how long do we have to suffer because we are a side project behind the French and German servers.

TO quote Jonny Vahn: This is a sham of a mockery wraped inside a sham covered in mockery sprinkled with a sham and toped off with a mockery.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
It's kinda ironic.....we wait an extra 4-5 months to have the game translated then we get it a week later than those it's been translated for. It'd be funny if it wasn't wasting a week of my annual leave.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Gamah said:
Ok well I have checked Game x2, Gamestation, HMV, Virgin, WH Smith even Dixions...Nothing.

GOA congraulations, you have once again pissed on your UK player base, who would have thought it possible. On release day its impossible to get hold on the copy of the game..all the people I checked with don't have it in stock/have never heard of it. I usually defend GOA but this time, we have been mis-informed (read: lied too) by whoever the information is comming from..called whiners and moaners for our concern about the lack of publicity and wrong release dates and generally treated like the shit on your shoe..

I have had enough, I thought GOA had changed for the better, obviously I was wrong it is still the same confused, disorganised company I used to know and hate, it appears your right hand doesn't know what you left hand is doing...for gods sake, just transfer the UK servers to mythics controll and be done with it..how long do we have to suffer because we are a side project behind the French and German servers.

TO quote Jonny Vahn: This is a sham of a mockery wraped inside a sham covered in mockery sprinkled with a sham and toped off with a mockery.

pretty much sums it up really, the few that didnt jump the WoW bandwagon are getting punished by Goa, i just dont get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom