Catacombs release dates [Official]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Load of crap tbh, makes you wonder if they want to be rid of the UK servers/players altogether as quite a few seem to be moving to the US...

I would rather the GM didnt say anything rather than spew crap.

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
It is not just UK that suffers from this.
Most of the players outside, you know what country, probably have this same problem.

GOA shipped the boxes tuesday. It is not likely to reach retailshops all over the europe in time for thursday. And I think many will buy this online so at least 1 more day for delivery to customer. Easter makes this delay even longer.

I do not understand why they couldn't ship the boxes earlier. I mean no1 could play Cata before the patch anyway.

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
As Gamah said all retailer i have called that I can think of have not got the game in stock.

Also all the retailers I have contacted have confirmed that they will not be getting any more deliveries untill after the easter hols.

So we in the UK will not be playing over the easter hols as all of us were looking forward to doing and made to beleave we would be!!!!!

So as I stated in my posts where is the list of retailers that are stocking on release day. There are non and that is why we have had no list and no comments from the intial post with regards to said retailers.

We have been misinformed, mislead and lied to.

I am disgusted with GOA and their lack of any interest in the UK gameplayers.

What I and im sure many people in the community would like to know is where the information that was supplied in the sticky came from. Also how such information could be posted without knowing if the information was correct.

The information posted by one of our GM's has done more damage to the uk community than not posting anything.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It would be a public relations disaster...

If GOA had any public relations in the first place.

It doesn't bother me that no-ones heard of DAOC, I prefer it that way.
Not going to jump on the WOW bandwagon any time soon.

Going to write to Dubya, he'll sort it out.

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
They should move excalibur and prydwen over to the U.S. and then we don't have to have a services provided by a bunch of lab monkeys that have been taught to type. :cheers: :wanker:

Gamah

Banned
Ttillub said:
It is not just UK that suffers from this.
Most of the players outside, you know what country, probably have this same problem.

GOA shipped the boxes tuesday. It is not likely to reach retailshops all over the europe in time for thursday. And I think many will buy this online so at least 1 more day for delivery to customer. Easter makes this delay even longer.

I do not understand why they couldn't ship the boxes earlier. I mean no1 could play Cata before the patch anyway.

Sorry, by UK player base I was referring to the English servers..however it apears that the European players that play on the UK servers are having an easier time than we are getting hold of the game.

I would be happy with an apology from GOA.."Sorry we messed up, this is when the game REALLY will be in shops"

skunksmoka

Fledgling Freddie
also as stated in another thread fh users are 5% of player base so why has nothing been said on home page seems like they brushing under carpet to me :wanker:

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Accupuncture said:
The information posted by one of our GM's has done more damage to the uk community than not posting anything.

I'm as fed up as you are but we shuld be careful with statements like this as it is likely to lead to the GMs being told to not post here anymore and that would be a big loss to the community.

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
Gamah said:
Sorry, by UK player base I was referring to the English servers..however it apears that the European players that play on the UK servers are having an easier time than we are getting hold of the game.

:( nope

I will get my boxes next friday. 1 week after the servers have been patched. Major screw-up imo.

The Netherlands here btw

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Javai said:
I'm as fed up as you are but we shuld be careful with statements like this as it is likely to lead to the GMs being told to not post here anymore and that would be a big loss to the community.

If they can not take the heat from displeased customers, a despleasure they have brought on them selfs by poorly managed information, and decide to not to interact on the largest forum where their customer´s express their opinions it will be GOA´s loss, not the community. It is not a charity they are running, it is a bussiness.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Javai said:

Well if what they post is wrong what diff does that make?

Job

More importantly it exposes the insane grip there retailers have over the whole process, bearing in mind all they do is SELL it to you.

Do they write it, concieve it, did they build the community, do they have any fukin input except to take their goddam excessive cut AND have the frekin cheek to lay down rules to suit themselves?

Cut them out of the process, bring on the net, bye,bye folks, we've packed your bags, your bus is here.

Freakin retailers man, what's their cut?

Of course this all goes back to the time I was sat in G*ME ,the guy had the expansion in the drawer and wouldn't sell it to me.
'Rules' he said
Like it was a fukin act of Parliment or summit.
Like selling me the game would be a crime against humanity.

Self serving monopolies, that's all they are.

skunksmoka

Fledgling Freddie
i just think its funny that we havnt have a "official statement about this sorry ass fuk up"

Gamah

Banned
Job said:
Of course this all goes back to the time I was sat in G*ME ,the guy had the expansion in the drawer and wouldn't sell it to me.
'Rules' he said
Like it was a fukin act of Parliment or summit.
Like selling me the game would be a crime against humanity.

LOL, some of their staff are proper nerds :p..I know all the GAME managers in my town and have friends in gamestation as well...So I would be like GIVE!!!

But tbh Job, I don't think it has anything to do with the retailers they dont even have the game in the shop to sell.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They wont say sorry because they really just dont understand why people are pissed off.

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:

I agree it would be a great loss BUT and its a big but. The information we have been given is incorrect.

Regardless of if it was a GM or GOA the information is still lies and has caused more harm than good.

The information we were give was from a GM and as you said and I and many others, they do a lot of good for our community. I assumend and rightly so that the information was factual and correct and I and everyone else have found it to be far from that.

spirery IA

Fledgling Freddie
I i have tryed to get a copy for the last hour phone 12 stores NO 1 has or heard of it or its the 15th isnt it and special reserve still havent got it

what a joke tbh maybe 1 day they will get it right :flame:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Remember that the GMs can only give out to us the information that they themselves are given by GOA.

And also remember what it was like before we had GMs (Requiel, Zenythe, Xalin) who would actually post here and keep us informed as to what's happening...there would have been >3 weeks' worth of 'WTF is going on with Catas release date?' posts and bugger all by way of response.

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Remember that the GMs can only give out to us the information that they themselves are given by GOA.

And also remember what it was like before we had GMs (Requiel, Zenythe, Xalin) who would actually post here and keep us informed as to what's happening...there would have been >3 weeks' worth of 'WTF is going on with Catas release date?' posts and bugger all by way of response.

And we are given information and still we get as you say 'WTF is going on with Catas release date?' ;)

The differance now is we are given information and we get our hopes up and think that this information is true. To find out its not.

I like everyone else just want information suplied to us that is factual, true and not misleading.

All of which in this case we have not been given.

Job

underhill zealots get a cloak!!!!!

All is forgiven , medals all round.

Touch of surealism helps all calm down

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Let me preface this by saying I am looking forward to catacombs when it comes and it is unfortunate that we in the UK might not be getting it in the next couple of days.

However.. Some people here really do need to chill out. Are you really 'pissed off' that you can not play catacombs now rather than a week or two later? If you really are 'pissed off' or 'you got your hopes up' you seriously need to look at your relationship with this game and why you are playing and whether infact you might be getting addicted to it. It is a computer game and should not engender such strong emotions of rage in you. Spend some time with your partner or family, maybe get some fresh air or do as im gonna and put some time into long neglected single player games lol. KOTOR2, vamp bloodlines and pirates.. here i come!!

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
Gulag Vilse said:
Try "webhallen.com" it in STHLM/SWE. i orded 4 copys today and it say it will be rel on 24/3
Just for me to get down to the store and pick it up tomorrow i hope.

I hope you got yours, I called webhallen and all there copys were sold out during the morgning, or rather went to those peps that had preordered it. Apperantly my preorder was not high enough up on list (can someone plz tell me where I get /random 100 haxor, anyone know how to do it? :) ), next shipment was due on tuseday 29th mars, sad I can't get a +5mod on next roll.
EBGames in Sweden however, still say (in all five stores I called) releasdate is 2005-04-01.

This is a game that should have been shiped to stores two weeks ago, it's not like it's the 'GOLD' version that need total tuning before release. If it was.... well then I could understand it take this long to get out to the coustoumers, well I hope theres no patching needed after install, that would totaly destroy the illusion that theres someone working to get a good product out on the shelves. BTW gif shrommer to all realms so we can compeet on equal terms, that would atleast justify 5%RVR bounus to Hibs.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:
underhill zealots get a cloak!!!!!

All is forgiven , medals all round.

Touch of surealism helps all calm down

lmao.

Its kinda funny tbh but i wish we weren't left in limbo. If we aren't gonna get it for 2 weeks why not just say 'sorry we've fked up, dont bother asking for the game in the UK for 2 weeks cos its not gonna be stocked till then'. At least we wouldn't get our hopes up about playing it any earlier.

The only reason i can think we haven't got the info is cos GOA has no idea whats going on either. Dunno about anyone else but ive never experienced such a total farce as this release, sure sometimes release's are put back but u know about it. Atm nobody has a sodding clue whats going on :p

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Ballard said:
However.. Some people here really do need to chill out. Are you really 'pissed off' that you can not play catacombs now rather than a week or two later? If you really are 'pissed off' or 'you got your hopes up' you seriously need to look at your relationship with this game and why you are playing and whether infact you might be getting addicted to it.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I'd booked time off work to fully explore the new expansion, only to discover that due to colossal fuck-ups on someone else's part I couldn't even get the bloody expansion in time to do so.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
dont get mad at the GM's its the marketing+sales teams faults.

the GM's are our only contacts but they appear to have been wrongly informed with some of this info. they can only tell us what they have been told

daoc is not a be all and end all thing, i can quite happily cope not playing a newer patch version for a few days

Dubaxter

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall
Regular Freddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard
However.. Some people here really do need to chill out. Are you really 'pissed off' that you can not play catacombs now rather than a week or two later? If you really are 'pissed off' or 'you got your hopes up' you seriously need to look at your relationship with this game and why you are playing and whether infact you might be getting addicted to it.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I'd booked time off work to fully explore the new expansion, only to discover that due to colossal fuck-ups on someone else's part I couldn't even get the bloody expansion in time to do so.

Well I can tell you that I have booked off the time from work for this expansion. No I am not some Mc Donalds worker im 31 almost and it cost me quite a bit to do it.

BUT, As they have royally fucked up I have decided to chill, drive down to my Uncles in Southern England and go play pool and swim in his pool and get royally hammered with my cousins. It aint all bad.......

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:

lol most of my post was facetious, but anyway..

You don't think booking time off work to play a computer game and then getting all pissed off when you cant do it means that youre taking said computer game a little too seriously? But anyway each to their own, just try and not get too worked up in the end its not worth it, do you think anyone working in GOA is gonna lose sleep over this..

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:

You don't think booking time off work to play a computer game and then getting all pissed off when you cant do it means that youre taking said computer game a little too seriously? But anyway each to their own, just try and not get too worked up in the end its not worth it, do you think anyone working in GOA is gonna lose sleep over this..

It's quite 'normal' for people to take off work to do things they enjoy - others do it to follow Chelsea round europe, some do it to go to Wimbledon, don't see why a computer game is any different, me and my partner both got next week off hoping to play this. we'll be playing WoW and maybe Timesplitters on the Xbox instead, but really don't see taking time off work to do the things you enjoy most is a cause for concern :)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Ballard said:

I didn't book time off work for it. But skim a few threads about the Cats release fuck-up here and you'll see a few who have.

And people in GOA (I'm talking management level) not losing sleep over this sort of thing is exactly why this sort of thing is happening...we are now seeing the fruits of GOA's utter failure to market and promote DAOC in Britain in any meaningful way over the last 3 years. They may as well have gone round selling copies out the back of a battered old Transit van with 'DAOC IS REALLY GREAT' painted on the side, it would have had about the same effect. I turn away from reading threads like these about yet another impossible-to-buy expansion (although this has been even worse than getting TOA, hard to believe though that is) to see flashy-looking adverts for WoW on the TV...'nuff said.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
I didn't book time off work for it. But skim a few threads about the Cats release fuck-up here and you'll see a few who have.

And people in GOA (I'm talking management level) not losing sleep over this sort of thing is exactly why this sort of thing is happening...we are now seeing the fruits of GOA's utter failure to market and promote DAOC in Britain in any meaningful way over the last 3 years. They may as well have gone round selling copies out the back of a battered old Transit van with 'DAOC IS REALLY GREAT' painted on the side, it would have had about the same effect. I turn away from reading threads like these about yet another impossible-to-buy expansion (although this has been even worse than getting TOA, hard to believe though that is) to see flashy-looking adverts for WoW on the TV...'nuff said.

i bet if people saw that van now they would see it as a god send :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom