Catacombs FOTM setup?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
So NS gets 20% asa buff, plus 93af as a charge. Add 5sec stun style at 25 spec and remedy.

Infil gets 11 more af (whoopee). And if they opt for the same stun style they will have a lower offhand swing rate.

C'mon vodka - anyone whos played an assassin for any period of time knows that the best assassin post RR5 in OF was a shade, and the best assassin post RR5 in NF is a shade.

infil can put haste proc on their armour, whereas nightshades can't put AF on because they need the buff bonus. then you can use a POTION to get your precious haste, where I have to swap 4 items every 12 min (stardrop, boots with af charges on, ring and bracer with +spell duration%)

you don't know what it's like to swap items around so often, trust me though, it's a fucking pain in the ass. agreed, with remedy, and af charges up, i can kill almost any infil 1on1. but hardly anyone uses af charges because its such a hassle, but without them you need a shitload of luck to be able to beat a rr3 infil.

do you use haste potion every 10 min? no? i wonder why.

an infil with 50 dw, 34 cs and 51 modified weapon will rip anything apart because of dual shadows while still having pa-cd. you spec high cs, its your fault you lose 1on1's to nightshades, not the char

ds + af buff > almost all, except the few rare people who run with af charges. i don't know any stealther in hib that does except me

Marc

FH is my second home
Konah said:
marc needs some crush resist? ^^

aye i know, ive swapped my temp round so at the mo im running with a mix of 2 temps and leaves me with low crush resist

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
not in rat mode they arent

Marc

FH is my second home
fook me then. I need to get sorted fast. Wheres my sugar daddy?

Eggy? Silias necky please, rest i can farm cash for them myself.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
My scout had 842af with GoV procing, not bad for armor of 595 normaly, reduces dmg considerably, a mix of +buff and +af bonus, if people think that haste buff is better I laugh at them, even more so if its from a duel weilder.
Its almost like having a passive AP or so.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
fook me then. I need to get sorted fast. Wheres my sugar daddy?

Eggy? Silias necky please, rest i can farm cash for them myself.

Give me a list of items you need.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
93 af is infact a lot more than -9% damage, its closer to -15%. also, haste is FAR from 20% extra damage for assassins, since we have such high damage styles its about 10%. also, lower crits

Where are you getting this from? and are you talking about 93 AF in a delve, or your displayed AF going up by 93?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Arkian said:
Where are you getting this from? and are you talking about 93 AF in a delve, or your displayed AF going up by 93?

126af using 23% bonus.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Arkian said:
Again, is this the displayed increase in value on your char stats?

Just working out what I get due to it, -toa(+af & gov) -armor af's, and I got that number left.

or am I doing something wrong?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Arkian said:

well i remember very clearly from a test that spec AF is a reduce of about 15% damage, not sure how much spec af actually buffs for. my charges buff for 99 with 20% buff bonus which brings my total af from 605 up to 704. the difference in damage is huge

sure mathematics can say a lot asp, but a lot of things aren't used in the calculations. if you have played this game for a long while and know it inside out, you wouldn't say such a thing as ns is > infil and > sb (with sb's being fine), because of the simple fact spec af is better, dual shadows is the best anytime for an assassin and LA mechanics are simply incredibly shit for sb's

at higher rr infil and ns come closer to each other but sb's are still far behind, and for the ns to be on par with the infil they have to invest a lot of effort where an infil can just get 2 heat legendaries, spec 50 dw and they're ready to kill most other stealthers 1 on 1.

ps, yes you're right that diamondback is > dragonfang now, but you had your fun. 9 sec stun was an absolute fucking joke and you know it, normally i want things to be balanced, but in this case, payback time. :p

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
well i remember very clearly from a test that spec AF is a reduce of about 15% damage, not sure how much spec af actually buffs for. my charges buff for 99 with 20% buff bonus which brings my total af from 605 up to 704. the difference in damage is huge

sure mathematics can say a lot asp, but a lot of things aren't used in the calculations. if you have played this game for a long while and know it inside out, you wouldn't say such a thing as ns is > infil and > sb (with sb's being fine), because of the simple fact spec af is better, dual shadows is the best anytime for an assassin and LA mechanics are simply incredibly shit for sb's

at higher rr infil and ns come closer to each other but sb's are still far behind, and for the ns to be on par with the infil they have to invest a lot of effort where an infil can just get 2 heat legendaries, spec 50 dw and they're ready to kill most other stealthers 1 on 1.

ps, yes you're right that diamondback is > dragonfang now, but you had your fun. 9 sec stun was an absolute fucking joke and you know it, normally i want things to be balanced, but in this case, payback time. :p

Well i work on the principle that this game is built on methematics in a controlled system. You can derive the formulae that drive the game and determine outcomes.

Spec af is good - but replicatable with only a marginal difference by charges. As is haste. SBs get screwed a little here - but they're mostly mistakenly whining about LA still. I still disagree that DS is the best anytime because (a) its not anytime, and (b) I think speccing the CS line gives a better overall return for points spent.

Given the speclines/abilities as they are ingame now the NS is the assassin of choice for those in the know. The only downside is the low starting con - unless of course you are technically insane and roll a bladeshade where you have to deal with crap str too.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
Well i work on the principle that this game is built on methematics in a controlled system. You can derive the formulae that drive the game and determine outcomes.

Spec af is good - but replicatable with only a marginal difference by charges. As is haste. SBs get screwed a little here - but they're mostly mistakenly whining about LA still. I still disagree that DS is the best anytime because (a) its not anytime, and (b) I think speccing the CS line gives a better overall return for points spent.

Given the speclines/abilities as they are ingame now the NS is the assassin of choice for those in the know. The only downside is the low starting con - unless of course you are technically insane and roll a bladeshade where you have to deal with crap str too.

ill say it again, swapping 4 items for one charge every 12 min is for most people completely ouf of the question, we have to put in a lot of effort to be on par with infils. i think if you put effort in, you should be able to have an advantage, instead of being equal to another assassin.

LA is a very bad system now we have legendaries because the haste effect is reduced a lot, sure having an offhand that always hits is nice, but they have lower crits and such aswell. LA really sucks for sb's.

then the debuff issue, if an sb doesnt purge str/con debuff they die, it's as simple as that. the loss of ws is so incredibly big they can't do shit, styling for under 100 dmg and being able to crit for 50 dmg max, wow. then they get hit back for 150-250 mainhand average. offhand hits don't make up for the differences

im a rr5+ ns, i have been blade since forever because it's fun, better looking than retarded adze's and it works fine. stats don't say a lot, i tried aug str 3, 4 and 5 but fell back to 3 because the damage bonuses aren't so big, there's better ra's to get also. atm i have 343 str which works fine, i can kill most assassins with ease. the stun from pierce isn't so important.

only thing that royally pisses me off is that hib blade gets 3.7 speed legendaries, where pierce get 3.9 and alb get 4+ i think

oh, and ds is > all, because of high growth rate, the offhand hits you get from speccing for it, and looks also. as infil you can still get 34+ cs while getting 50 dw, go figure.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Its almost like having a passive AP or so.

bullshit. the difference between an af charge and a clerics buff is miniscule. and yes i do eat a haste charge every 10mins (or when im expecting action) with no theurg in grp.

u dont have to swap 4 items every time to extract every last drop from the charge, that is your choice.

af reactives? totally worthless to albs and yet the only hib/mid ppl ive ever seen it proc on was nolby... go figure... :rolleyes:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Vodkafairy said:
LA is a very bad system now we have legendaries because the haste effect is reduced a lot, sure having an offhand that always hits is nice, but they have lower crits and such aswell. LA really sucks for sb's.
given identical spec and same-speed-weapons the LA mechanics give the same damage over time as the DW/CD. Given faster weapons and using styles the LA mechanics give a boost.

The only thing I can think of for lower crits is you can get luckier with DW (both weapons hitting with lucky 50% crit will do more damage on that one strike than a LA user with both weapons hitting with a lucky 50% crit however it's more likely to happen for the LA user and on average works out)

then the debuff issue, if an sb doesnt purge str/con debuff they die, it's as simple as that. the loss of ws is so incredibly big they can't do shit, styling for under 100 dmg and being able to crit for 50 dmg max, wow. then they get hit back for 150-250 mainhand average. offhand hits don't make up for the differences
Yep - str/con debuff is evil.

im a rr5+ ns, i have been blade since forever because it's fun, better looking than retarded adze's and it works fine. stats don't say a lot, i tried aug str 3, 4 and 5 but fell back to 3 because the damage bonuses aren't so big, there's better ra's to get also. atm i have 343 str which works fine, i can kill most assassins with ease. the stun from pierce isn't so important.
str/con debuff not a bitch?

oh, and ds is > all, because of high growth rate, the offhand hits you get from speccing for it, and looks also. as infil you can still get 34+ cs while getting 50 dw, go figure.

you get "nukes" :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
str/con debuff is a bitch when it lands, but remedy is on a 5 min timer. overpowered as it is, im not arguing with that, but then again i had to eat debuff in every fight and only one purge per 30 min. a purge i had to save for stuns :p

lower style dmg = lower crits, don't forget.. ;) sure overtime it might be the same, but the one with the highest damage per hit will get the most QQ :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
yeah but it's about the LA thing, you will hit for roughly the same speed but lower damage on both hands in return for both hands hitting

it lowers the potential crit :p i think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom