Catacombs FOTM setup?

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
they have said bainshees = ultimate tower / keep campers due to the spells they get the Cone AOE aparantly doesnt have fall off like pbaoe and will always go around corners.

Also their spell absorb abalitve means people dont insta die to the sorc assist choo choo :)

i would go with

Keep defence
1 druid
1 warden
1 bard
2 x anims
2 x bainshees
1 x shield hero

keep offence
go with vamps and shades :)

on the move rvr i think you will need some damn fine players to make the new cat classes work well in an rvr group much like anims, they work ok but you can always find a better caster :)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
Midgard insists this is perfectly fair and balanced because - well who knows.

rofl :D

mids do tend to have a history of being (seemingly) blind to thier overpoweredness...

sorc does too much dmg for a cc class. levi is a little strong. minstrels... well heheheh, too much luvvin. infils 2.5x spec points. umm thats about it for OP alb rvr classes. pve... yeh well necro is a lil strong i guess... :p

Lethania

Fledgling Freddie
Ah but here lies the rub.

AE stun with no immunity timer was grossly overpowered. Midgard insisted it was not, and that everyone else was using tactics. it was rightly adjusted.

Zerkers and SBs - LA users were overpowered due to incorrect growth rates. midgard insisted it wasn't and was balanced. tests showed otherwise and it was rightly adjusted.

End regen allowed midgard perma speed6. Midgard insisted this was not unbalancing. It was righlty nerfed.

Savages were doing silly damage with self buffs that had little cost. Midgard insisted this was normal and right. Tests showed incorrect swing rates and self buff costs were correctly upped.

Warlocks do stupid instadeath damage at silly ranges. Midgard insists this is perfectly fair and balanced because - well who knows. Can you see where we're going with this.....

Arnor says:
Who the hell is this midgard your talking about, I sure as hell never said Stungard was balanced. I never said timered-end-regen wasnt overpowered.(but your looking at the wrong reason mongo, we have _always_ been able to have speed6, even after the nerf. )
I always agreed with ppl who said zerks/sb were overpowered, I was one myself, I could clearly see that I was doing too much dmg(and i didnt even have low quick)
Savages, well there lies my one fault of overpoweredness. At first, I reckoned 2h savages were overpowered because of the selfbuffs, but hth was balanced because of high missrates(never played one though at that time) Yep that was a pretty big error of judgement, but hth was really not used at that time.

Warlocks seem to be too good at dishing out frontload dmg, _and_ have the normal(ish) dmg-output after chambers are blown.
Now, without having played one myself, I will go out on a limb here and say warlocks are overpowered.

Now, while alot of ppl said that these shits werent overpowered at all, and it was sooo balanced etc etc etc, ALOT of ppl didnt. And unless you have some statistical proof that the majority of midgard players felt these cases werent overpowered, you can fuck right off with your midgard generalization.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Lethania said:
And unless you have some statistical proof that the majority of midgard players felt these cases werent overpowered, you can fuck right off with your midgard generalization.
In fact, he should fuck right off anyway.

thaaadi

Fledgling Freddie
x2 druid
1 warden
1 bard
1 bani
1 animist
1 3-spec disease/ns/debuffbot (eld)
1 banelord bm/champ/ (vamp maybe :sex: ?)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
I reckon Valkyrie is seriously underrated. Seems to be in the same position Reavers were in Alb. If they made the cones able to be caste on the move then this would be up with the Reaver as one of the best fun classes in game.

I'm def gonna play one.

Aussie

Banned
all those wtfpwn noob farming US movies from new classes mean so much to me :rolleyes:

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Beltorak said:
Concerning Warlocks:
I suppose as a solo/duo char they would rock cuz of dmg and utility but in grps with some decent healers in opposing grp they would be useless because of DI2-3 will absorb impact dmg.Then again i have never meet em so i wouldnt know :fluffle:
As mention earlier a warlock can eat thrue DI3 in 5 seconds and get the kill. And rely on a ra thats up once every 10min to get so called "immunity" against a class is kinda poor.

Im sure the high delves on warlock spells will be nerfed and also the mini-moc thingy they have.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Who cares about reality when you're right :fluffle:

yeah, reality is you're just a bad infil and you blame it on the class. but you don't wanna realise that ;)

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
yeah, reality is you're just a bad infil and you blame it on the class. but you don't wanna realise that ;)

Where did i ever complain about the infil class? I'm not fantastic but i do OK these days - get my ass kicked fairly regularly, but nail my fair share of targets. Its you who keeps on insisting that infils are OP despite being unable to prove it.

Because all the tests show comparable damage.

Or the Zerker TL proving LA>CD/DW.

Or that the NS has the edge on both styles, spec and RA?

Face it - NS>infil>SB. Not by much mind, but the midsguided view that the infil is the ubah OP class is pure myth since DF was adjusted and Wyrrds spec research came out.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
infact dw is the best line because of superiour styles, just like DW is superiour for assassins because of dual shadows

i proved in the last thread dual shadows > all, and its a known fact that spec af is > haste

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Warlocks aren't good enough to feature in a 1fg v 1fg setup (I mean with 3 chambers up they can insta kill something..if DI isn't up, and then they are worse than average after that ) A Runie or a Bonedancer are much better
Banshee's are zerg killers (So expect alot of them around..specialy on Excal :p)
Vampiirs aren't as good as BM's in group setups etc so don't expect the BM's to lose there spot. (yeah they have loads of Nifty solo abilities..)

Don't expect there to ever be a rr5+ heratic :p they plain suck compaired to other class's alb can have (Maybe in zerg warfare your find a few..no fixed fg will run one)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
infact dw is the best line because of superiour styles, just like DW is superiour for assassins because of dual shadows

1v1 or self-defence dw is best line yep. grp rvr cd/hth >>>> dw

Vodkafairy said:
and its a known fact that spec af is > haste

heh, i´d like to see the proof. i can get 17% haste from a charge, u can get 20% haste from a bot. i can get 75af+toa from a bot u can get 75af+toa from a charge. advantage hibernia.

not to mention 93af is about -9%dmg and 20% haste IS 20% more dmg :kissit:

Lethania

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
1v1 or self-defence dw is best line yep. grp rvr cd/hth >>>> dw

heh, i´d like to see the proof. i can get 17% haste from a charge, u can get 20% haste from a bot. i can get 75af+toa from a bot u can get 75af+toa from a charge. advantage hibernia.

not to mention 93af is about -9%dmg and 20% haste IS 20% more dmg :kissit:

Arnor cant stay away :p

a) what happened to la? :(

b) your handily "forgetting" the little fullspec bonus that clerics have since they have a specline that gives them the buff, advantage albionelolol

c) 20% haste is ONLY 20% more dmg, IF you only attack unstyled and over some time, do you attack unstyled much kewnah?

Brainfart or something more sinister?
allnighte.gif

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Lethania said:
b) your handily "forgetting" the little fullspec bonus that clerics have since they have a specline that gives them the buff, advantage albionelolol

top cleric buff is 67AF, gets you 104 AF with full TOA, charge with full ToA gets you 94 AF...

I'll take the 3% haste over the 10 AF thanks ;) (how many people go for +AF over +haste on their templates?)

Though I doubt the diffrence in the end is exactly huge.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Lethania said:
a) what happened to la? :(

c) 20% haste is ONLY 20% more dmg, IF you only attack unstyled and over some time, do you attack unstyled much kewnah?

a) la has no useful grp styles, posnl snares/stuns, u get rabid-hamster tho and an ok rear chain.

b) and that fullspec bonus means what exactly? the same fullspec bonus the drood gets on his haste buff perchance?

c) short answer: rofl, tbh.

long answer: 20% haste is 20% MORE base dmg (the majority of the dmg comonent in 95% of cases, unless ur a savage or using cs styles) and style dmg is constant over-time fyi. also offhand dmg is 100% unstyled... rarely a pally in grp (atm) so yes i do attack unstyled if the targets on low hps and no time to break off to pop a pot. or when some bast is spinning like a roulette wheel and i miss my style/s :eek:

Kais

Banned
don't forget theurg gets haste as a baseline spell, mids and hibs do not have spec af availiable as a buff and have to spec for the 20% haste.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
not to mention 93af is about -9%dmg and 20% haste IS 20% more dmg

93 af is infact a lot more than -9% damage, its closer to -15%. also, haste is FAR from 20% extra damage for assassins, since we have such high damage styles its about 10%. also, lower crits

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
93 af is infact a lot more than -9% damage, its closer to -15%. also, haste is FAR from 20% extra damage for assassins, since we have such high damage styles its about 10%. also, lower crits

So NS gets 20% asa buff, plus 93af as a charge. Add 5sec stun style at 25 spec and remedy.

Infil gets 11 more af (whoopee). And if they opt for the same stun style they will have a lower offhand swing rate.

C'mon vodka - anyone whos played an assassin for any period of time knows that the best assassin post RR5 in OF was a shade, and the best assassin post RR5 in NF is a shade.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
a) la has no useful grp styles, posnl snares/stuns, u get rabid-hamster tho and an ok rear chain.

b) and that fullspec bonus means what exactly? the same fullspec bonus the drood gets on his haste buff perchance?

c) short answer: rofl, tbh.

long answer: 20% haste is 20% MORE base dmg (the majority of the dmg comonent in 95% of cases, unless ur a savage or using cs styles) and style dmg is constant over-time fyi. also offhand dmg is 100% unstyled... rarely a pally in grp (atm) so yes i do attack unstyled if the targets on low hps and no time to break off to pop a pot. or when some bast is spinning like a roulette wheel and i miss my style/s :eek:

most dmg is base dmg, espeically if ur trying to get high swing speed.
for example my berserker has a cap of 200 base dmg on each hand. now obviously offhand is always non style dmged. most my styles are like 330-420 or summin on their dmg caps. so u can see that most dmg is base dmg and that haste helps quite alot.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
most dmg is base dmg, espeically if ur trying to get high swing speed.
for example my berserker has a cap of 200 base dmg on each hand. now obviously offhand is always non style dmged. most my styles are like 330-420 or summin on their dmg caps. so u can see that most dmg is base dmg and that haste helps quite alot.

thought that was what i said? but thanks for the backup(?) :p

@ vf, i tested on pally, no af buff, then self af, then af chant and per 100af = -10% or so, it maybe a lil more on a low af class, i wouldnt know.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
C'mon vodka - anyone whos played an assassin for any period of time knows that the best assassin post RR5 in OF was a shade, and the best assassin post RR5 in NF is a shade.

:touch: :touch: :touch:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
How the hell did this turn into an Assasin bitching contest :p
(Cleric is the best buffbot due to trial of Fire..thats all, but i guess that doesn't help assasins only Necros/focus farmers :p, but then again i used to carry 100 haste charges on me..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom