Catacombs FOTM setup?

Geuin

Fledgling Freddie
How do you think it will be for your realm or another? Flame eachother some about idés etc. :cheers:

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
catacombs unless im mistaken doesnt have any impact on rvr at all .. due to it being a PVE x-pack

Exinferis

Fledgling Freddie
oh please tell me your joking jpeg :p

and for mid something like 7x warlock 1x skald? :p

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
8 Vampiirs
They got speed 2, they got hot, they got damage.
:m00:
xD

Back to my hibernating..

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I imagine some mid opted grps might replace their current caster(s) with a warlock or 2, although the sm's role in a group involves the pet for interupts, and unless im mistaken warlocks arent really great at interupts. Runie and sm also work nice together with debuffs. So if you run 2 casters in the group then its likely both will be replaced if one is (think warlock main damage type is matter and runies cant debuff that), or if running only one then warlock is probably as good a choise as any. Then again, if those people playing casters in the current strong groups dont reroll to warlocks i dont see the group setups changing very fast, it isnt like they will disband strong players from the gg just to take in a fresh warlock that hasnt played with the group before, or isnt known to the group, same as some zerks still had spots in strong groups when savages were bigtime fotm.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
mid :

healer (pac/mend) soj
healer (mend/pac) soj
healer (aug/mend) soj
Shaman perf
Warlock
Warrior Battlemaster
Skald banelord (if thats possible)

or two warlocks perhaps

Hib : To include a vamp it will need to be a melee based group i think

Druid
Druid
Bard
Warden
Hero
Vampiir
Enchanter
Blademaster

or something simular. No idea about albs new class

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Mid fotm group:

The usuall 2-3healers and 1 shaman and then just throw some BDs and Warlocks in for rest of spots! ;)

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Why you need to interrupt if you can kill 2-3 key members in the 3 first secs of fight and do it whit MoC4-wise spells, Fana? :(

Put 2 warlocks in a group and you cant go wrong, hell they can even spreadheal!

Helme

Resident Freddy
Mid setup:
Pac Healer (40mending, 36pacification)
Warlock (dont know specc)
Runemaster (48runecarving, 22darkness, 11suppression)

This group gets 7 spread healers, great damage. 50% matter debuff, crowdcontrol speed nearsight etc. Another note is that this group got 6 agony transmissions xDDD(ml8 BL)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
2-3 in 3 sec? ;)

Chambers have a 2 sec cooldown, so even if all 3 chambers were loaded with maximum damage spells (their bolts i think) they could only unload max damage in 4 sec (cast, wait 2 sec, cast, wait 2 sec, cast), and these can then be blocked etc since they are bolts. If a druid or cleric doesnt manage to mash instaheal and/or spreadheal in 4 sec then they are pretty poor players, especially since you can count on at least one of those druids/clerics having DI2 or 3. After the initial unloading of the chambers the warlock will then revert to a slowish caster that consumes great ammounts of power, with very little interupt capacity. So i dont think the choise in groupbuild is that easy :)

EDIT: disregard what i said in above post above debuffing - runies can debuff matter, silly me.

Funkybunny

Banned
assist macros are nice :)

lets say 4 of the dmgdealers unload spells on one target at the same time...

and if 2 -3 of those are warlocks...

bubye enemeh! :)

i would say

shaman
pac-healer
mend healer
bonedancer
thane
warlock
warlock
speeder :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
assist macros are nice :)

lets say 4 of the dmgdealers unload spells on one target at the same time...

and if 2 -3 of those are warlocks...

But this is nothing new really, its the same principal that tankheavy groups operate on - kill fast with uninteruptable damage and strong assist - and it requires the warlocks to use up alot of their potential as damage dealers, once again landing us in the scenario that opens up once the warlocks have unloaded (slow casters with little interupt). Also, a warlock heavy group (more than 2) would likely never win 2 fights in a row against semi-strong groups (if attacked before chambers are reloaded etc).

Sure the warlock is great, but i dont want to believe that a group sacrificing non-caster spots for more warlocks would do well (other than in a siege etc, but we are talking primarily roaming groups here i think).

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
But this is nothing new really, its the same principal that tankheavy groups operate on - kill fast with uninteruptable damage and strong assist - and it requires the warlocks to use up alot of their potential as damage dealers, once again landing us in the scenario that opens up once the warlocks have unloaded (slow casters with little interupt). Also, a warlock heavy group (more than 2) would likely never win 2 fights in a row against semi-strong groups (if attacked before chambers are reloaded etc).

Sure the warlock is great, but i dont want to believe that a group sacrificing non-caster spots for more warlocks would do well (other than in a siege etc, but we are talking primarily roaming groups here i think).

No interrupts in warlocks? What is Banelord for then? :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Well i think Agony Transmission is dangerous for casters :) It takes a really hefty chunk of your own health when used, leaving a caster with very little health left and vulnerable to beeing killed in one attack. But ofc, its all situational, im sure its a great ability to have. There is no denying the warlock is a good class, and probably great in the hands of someone that has the overwiew to effectively use all of its abilities at the right time.

Has any strong'ish warlock heavy groups emerged on the US servers yet? Would be interesting to see a vid of a grp with 3+ warlocks in roaming rvr.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well, warlcks can chamber damage-spread heal spell so they can easily heal themselves. BDs can do lifedrain and get healed by pets too. Finally, the existance of DI nowadays makes things much easier.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Ilienwyn said:
Well, warlcks can chamber damage-spread heal spell so they can easily heal themselves. BDs can do lifedrain and get healed by pets too. Finally, the existance of DI nowadays makes things much easier.

DI doenst heal agony AT damage on yourself tho

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Mid - 2/3 warlocks in a group = instadead enemy healers = mids win.

Hib - can see a bainshee taking up a slot. Vamps - well, can't see the benefit really.

Alb - well, err......

Welll - be good to have a heretic or two in tower fights.

Calo

Part of the furniture
pac healer
shaman
aug/mend healer
warlock
warlock
warlock
supp sm
skald ! (<- me who's leeching rp!)

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
fuck catacombs, more classes which scouts have 2 add on their NO Attack List :(

give more easy 2 kill classes like savages, like tsolias :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Not heard much talk about the other new mid class?

Wouldn't 44Spear 42Shield 46Will be a nice spec? can slam and go 2hd for dmg, some debuffs, acuity shear, insta ae snare and a 1500 range insta DD etc.

Hows melee dmg on this class anyone know?

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Has any strong'ish warlock heavy groups emerged on the US servers yet? Would be interesting to see a vid of a grp with 3+ warlocks in roaming rvr.

Most warlocks camp towers and such, get two easy kills then recharge chambers. The most successfull one, Fechina did 1mill+ rps in one week, lots of players showed ss of fechina cutting thrue DI3 in less then 5 seconds, so yes warlocks do insane frontload.

About rr´s and such you can forget it against mids.
as a hib rr leader on Percival expressed himself after a failed rr: "We just got Warlocked" :clap: :clap:

lokkedue

Fledgling Freddie
an fotm alb group would atleast have one heretic, since the monster rezz is greeeat :p
But their focus dmg really sucks in tower fights, but in open rvr it rocks.

Hib grps wouldnt have any vampiirs in it, vampiirs are kinda like stealther classes, they are best solo, duo and of course anything can be used for zerging

and dont think mid fotm grps would have more thanone warlock in it.
warlocks are better at soloing, but of course they can still be used in a group since their dmg is insane

Laalaa

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
Most warlocks camp towers and such, get two easy kills then recharge chambers. The most successfull one, Fechina did 1mill+ rps in one week, lots of players showed ss of fechina cutting thrue DI3 in less then 5 seconds, so yes warlocks do insane frontload.

About rr´s and such you can forget it against mids.
as a hib rr leader on Percival expressed himself after a failed rr: "We just got Warlocked" :clap: :clap:

Yep warlocks are gonna bring major pain :).

Nearsighting+stuns can help a bit but still they gonna kill lots of peeps.

Fechina really ruled, Rush alone full group, kill 1-2 then die.

All warlock damage on matter. so major rework of templates, and wardens/friars are must.

Calo

Part of the furniture
albs...

prepare yourself of a zerg of 100+ warlocks on your relics ;)

that would mean 70 albs almost insta die :D

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Calo said:
albs...

prepare yourself of a zerg of 100+ warlocks on your relics ;)

that would mean 70 albs almost insta die :D

dont they wear cloth? if so they will get fucked by assisting Scouts like any other class 2 :)

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
2-3 in 3 sec? ;)

Chambers have a 2 sec cooldown, so even if all 3 chambers were loaded with maximum damage spells (their bolts i think) they could only unload max damage in 4 sec (cast, wait 2 sec, cast, wait 2 sec, cast), and these can then be blocked etc since they are bolts. If a druid or cleric doesnt manage to mash instaheal and/or spreadheal in 4 sec then they are pretty poor players, especially since you can count on at least one of those druids/clerics having DI2 or 3. After the initial unloading of the chambers the warlock will then revert to a slowish caster that consumes great ammounts of power, with very little interupt capacity. So i dont think the choise in groupbuild is that easy :)

EDIT: disregard what i said in above post above debuffing - runies can debuff matter, silly me.

Begin extended range/uninterruptable primer linked whit a 2xx delve lifetap- fire chamber when the first spell lands, 3x6xx dmg in 1 hit, cast another primer inbetween the next chamber fired (if you need a second chamber LOL) because you know you not onlt rely on chambers when you play a warlock, right? And LOL at slowish caster... twinked lock fire uninterruptable at 1.5 spell haste, if thats slow..........

And then you can just...... spreadheal using ZERO POWER??!! Warlocks are an insult to so many classes thats not even funny. Of course is a Midgard class so is fine, like bugged Zerkers/SBs were fine, like savages were fine, like Bonedancers ARE fine... the list goes and goes. Albion have a class who need 9 secs to deal some damage, but hey, sorcs are overpowered, and ministrels, and infiltrators!! :m00:

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Laalaa said:
Yep warlocks are gonna bring major pain :).

Nearsighting+stuns can help a bit but still they gonna kill lots of peeps.

Fechina really ruled, Rush alone full group, kill 1-2 then die.

All warlock damage on matter. so major rework of templates, and wardens/friars are must.

How nearsight will be a help? warlock can nearsight from better range too LOL

And about wardens and friars.... friars get red matter resists at 49 enhace, not a major gimping, wardens have phisical resists, not elemental ones. To get yellow matter resists a druid need to forget all the nature he would like, to get red matter resists a druid must be a buffbot.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Matmardigan said:
dont they wear cloth? if so they will get fucked by assisting Scouts like any other class 2 :)

According to the char builder they gain con as a secondary stat.

Norseman
70+10 at creation.
103 at LVL50.
333 in a suit and buffed.

Looks like their going to have alot more con then the average 1400hp caster, dunno if this will make them alot stronger vs bow or not.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Well, even considering that they still use alot of power, so yes, they are probably deadly in keepfights where they can quickly recharge power with fops etc, but i still think they are a bit handicapped in openfield roaming fg (not bad in any sense of the word, just not godlike as many seem to think).

For the record, i really do hope we wont get those 3-5 warlock/grp setups as many seem to fear. That would really look silly and prove that the game is just about pwnpoints and killspam for some people. We will likely get an influx of new Warlocks yes, so they will probably feature heavily in groups for a while. Hopefully we will then get more balanced groups again. I plan to roll a Valkyrie myself as the warlock doesnt appeal to me very much (altho im sure ill try it in bg1 or so)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom