Healer(m/p[Soj]
Healer(m/a)[Soj]
Skald[Soj] - RM(supp) - Healer(m/p)[Soj]
Shaman(perf)
Warlock[BL?]
Warlock[Other one]
BD[BL]
Thane[BM]

Think that group would rly nice, got SF and TWF and great damage output. Both healers have spread2 and would beed DI2-3.Speed is lovley, so RM spd or Skald spd would be nice, but if you dont care about spd get another healer.

HIB:

Bard [Soj]
Druid [perf]
Druid [perf]
Warden[BM]
Champion[BM]
Enchanter[convoker]
Blademaster[BL]
Blademaster/Eldrich/Banshee.

not rly sure, but seems as Vampiir is a solo/duo class. And havent read so much about Banshees.

Still this group got TWF and SF, and still nice damage output.

Havent read so much about new classes, let me think if this wouldnt work and why :cheers:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
for albs its very simple:D

Sorc, Cleric, Cleric, 2Heretics (with BG guarding cleric) Reaver Reaver Paladin

For the roxor leviathan assist train:D

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Calo said:
albs...

prepare yourself of a zerg of 100+ warlocks on your relics ;)

that would mean 70 albs almost insta die :D

Expect a zerg of 100+ heretics to rez those 70 albs and come outside to say hi ;)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Mids = 8 x warlocks. Each pick a different target and 1 dead group.

Albs = 8 x armsmen. If we're gonna go down may aswell do it charging the enemy firing our crossbows.

Hibs = 8 players that are online...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
heretic's don't get bodyguard - banelord or perfecter

I can see a warlock or two in a proper mid gank group - they're very good against other casters, and very hard to suppress (unless yer hibs in which case qc stun :p)

heretics are hybrids - they're not gonna make the gank squads, unless they're tower gank squads... they will make the average random alb group more likely to have someone that can heal though (and much like the smite cleric days, someone who won't bother healing ;))

bainshee could be nice, probably need someone to find a niche for them before they become fotm but there's potential.

Valkyries are underrated - they make good caster suppressing tanks, but I guess anything with banelord totally outdoes them in that respect (as some of the interrupts in banelord are just nasty) - wait and see on those I think :)

vampiir's are awesome against unbuffed enemies... and I guess they're good at killing stealthers? don't see them getting into the gank groups.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
such fotm!

My rr1 warlock > Glamis!

I can already feel the giant nerf thread inc ;)

u will have alot of work flim!

Jardar

Fledgling Freddie
You forgot about the PvP Setup!

Cleric (Rej/Enh)
Shaman (Aug/Cave)
Healer (Pac/Mend)
Bard Backup CC, Base buffs, Heals and Speed
Bainshee (ES/PW/SG All 3 will rock anything in sight tbh.)
2x Warlocks with 30Hex for the 3 Chambers.
Reaver/Vampiir Interrupt

I cant wait to roll that on Camlann :>

Cerberos

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
dont they wear cloth? if so they will get fucked by assisting Scouts like any other class 2 :)

Well i dont think you want to poke your head out against a warlock just like that.

43/30 spec gives you 3 chambers and 2250+toa range primer
38/38/5 gives you 3 chambers and 2500+toa range primer

I think warlock will adapt to alb current tactic and have a guardbot/bodyguard on thier tail so do put your head out.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Calo said:
My rr1 warlock > Glamis!

I can already feel the giant nerf thread inc ;)

u will have alot of work flim!

nonsense, you need purge before you can keel meh (well unless you get the drop or my mezz is down or it's raining or it's a tuesday... or erm hrm ok you win :()

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Exinferis said:
oh please tell me your joking jpeg :p

and for mid something like 7x warlock 1x skald? :p

o yea lol i forgot about the new classes :)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
You guys are underestimating what a dementia spec vampiir brings to a hib tank group:

1) Armour debuffs (yeah it's a random armour part - however if you hit it you'll basically cap damage)

2) Skill debuff (turn a rr10's skill bonues into a rr0's), semi-focus effectivness debuff (castable rez sickness). Got a BG'd caster MoCing? No problem - 2 debuffs and his damage drops drematically, and the vampiir claws (Melee ranged DD's) go through bg. They also have a power drain bolt.

3) Pretty good surrvivability, pure tank HP, castable melee and magic resists (leather armour however).

4) Good RAs and MLs (They get charge, and can be banelords or warlords).

Shadow mastery speced Vampiirs get a semi-focus pulsing pbae snare, very handy that in a /assist train.

Anyway time will tell, however it seems vampiirs are making good MAs on morderd.

Laalaa

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
How nearsight will be a help? warlock can nearsight from better range too LOL

And about wardens and friars.... friars get red matter resists at 49 enhace, not a major gimping, wardens have phisical resists, not elemental ones. To get yellow matter resists a druid need to forget all the nature he would like, to get red matter resists a druid must be a buffbot.

Ups yes meant druids.

Aussie

Banned
Jardar said:
You forgot about the PvP Setup!

Cleric (Rej/Enh)
Shaman (Aug/Cave)
Healer (Pac/Mend)
Bard Backup CC, Base buffs, Heals and Speed
Bainshee (ES/PW/SG All 3 will rock anything in sight tbh.)
2x Warlocks with 30Hex for the 3 Chambers.
Reaver/Vampiir Interrupt

I cant wait to roll that on Camlann :>

what the best CC class and most OP alb class not in it? ;(

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
I imagine some mid opted grps might replace their current caster(s) with a warlock or 2, although the sm's role in a group involves the pet for interupts, and unless im mistaken warlocks arent really great at interupts. Runie and sm also work nice together with debuffs. So if you run 2 casters in the group then its likely both will be replaced if one is (think warlock main damage type is matter and runies cant debuff that), or if running only one then warlock is probably as good a choise as any. Then again, if those people playing casters in the current strong groups dont reroll to warlocks i dont see the group setups changing very fast, it isnt like they will disband strong players from the gg just to take in a fresh warlock that hasnt played with the group before, or isnt known to the group, same as some zerks still had spots in strong groups when savages were bigtime fotm.

runni CAN debuff matter, my mates RM does a 50% debuff in pve for my BA bone dancer :)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Dont think Vampiir or Bainshees will be a standard class in hib groups, but Warlocks are uber and will deffo make their mark in RvR.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Jacilja said:
runni CAN debuff matter, my mates RM does a 50% debuff in pve for my BA bone dancer :)

Yes i know, read my next post after that one ;) I Blame the kobolds, all their fault i say!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Antedeluvian said:
Of course is a Midgard class so is fine, like bugged Zerkers/SBs were fine, like savages were fine, like Bonedancers ARE fine... the list goes and goes. Albion have a class who need 9 secs to deal some damage, but hey, sorcs are overpowered, and ministrels, and infiltrators!! :m00:
Listen to yourself, dimwit, Zerkers, SBs and Savages were nerfed, so in other words they were not fine. :rolleyes: And to say that Sorcerers (and Minstrels in stealth wars) are not overpowered is just silly.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Belomar said:
Listen to yourself, dimwit, Zerkers, SBs and Savages were nerfed, so in other words they were not fine. :rolleyes: And to say that Sorcerers (and Minstrels in stealth wars) are not overpowered is just silly.

ML9 convoker on an arbitrarily chosen pet is overpowered ;)

and ML9 convoker sucks if you don't have a pet or only have a pet that lasts for 60s max :)

solution? change ml9 convoker.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:

Ah but here lies the rub.

AE stun with no immunity timer was grossly overpowered. Midgard insisted it was not, and that everyone else was using tactics. it was rightly adjusted.

Zerkers and SBs - LA users were overpowered due to incorrect growth rates. midgard insisted it wasn't and was balanced. tests showed otherwise and it was rightly adjusted.

End regen allowed midgard perma speed6. Midgard insisted this was not unbalancing. It was righlty nerfed.

Savages were doing silly damage with self buffs that had little cost. Midgard insisted this was normal and right. Tests showed incorrect swing rates and self buff costs were correctly upped.

Warlocks do stupid instadeath damage at silly ranges. Midgard insists this is perfectly fair and balanced because - well who knows. Can you see where we're going with this.....

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Warlock nerf is inevitable.

Noone likes dying instantly with there being nothing you can do about it. When you see an un-ToA'd lvl 49 Warlock drop a RR7 fully capped Cleric in 5 seconds then you know there is something wrong. Just hope we get the fixed version.

Would love to see an overpowered un-ToA'd lvl 49 Sorc drop a RR7 fully capped Healer in 5 secs. No chance! There is a difference between traditional overpowered and Warlock overpowered.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
Can you see where we're going with this.....
I can, but you are seriously telling me that you cannot? All realms defend their abilities with tooth and nail while whining about enemy realms, it is human nature. Warlocks are perceived as overpowered and thus will be nerfed, same as with the previous examples, that was not the point I was trying to make. Rather, I was highlighting the inane selective blindness of the poster I was replying to (Antedeluvian?), and so it is rather funny that Mr Euro_Sceptic himself pops in to do the same.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Skilgannon said:
Would love to see an overpowered un-ToA'd lvl 49 Sorc drop a RR7 fully capped Healer in 5 secs. No chance!
Indeed, but for different reasons than you state; a proper Healer would be able to Phase Shift to save his own skin. ;) Sorcerers are not overpowered for their raw damage output (even if they have been shown to be one of the best nukers in the game, IIRC); rather, they have superior utility compared to most other classes.

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
Concerning Warlocks:
I suppose as a solo/duo char they would rock cuz of dmg and utility but in grps with some decent healers in opposing grp they would be useless because of DI2-3 will absorb impact dmg.Then again i have never meet em so i wouldnt know :fluffle:

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
Geuin said:
:
HIB:

Bard [Soj]
Druid [perf]
Druid [perf]
Warden[BM]
Champion[BM]
Enchanter[convoker]
Blademaster[BL]
Blademaster/Eldrich/Banshee.

geuin i would think that you would sooner take a enchaner/eldy instead of the champ ... or even a hero instead of the champ ... no offence too those champs out there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom