Castable stun

Do You think Castable stun on dmg classes is ok?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Tulkos said:
Personally i dont think any caster should have access to stun its not really a problem for my merc but for my sorc its bye bye unless purge is up.

well personally, from my own experience..

if you let someone liek a hib caster get a stun in on you, as a sorc specificly you just suck majorly..

and thats precisely what you do most of the time. you dont use your range advantage at all.. I dont see you beeing able to compete with that purge3&moc3... to many times you deserve to die so bad to stealthers or other ppl you mean,, but ofc sorcs have alot of IWIN buttons :p

come again about stun..:m00:

occy

Loyal Freddie
Stallion said:
well personally, from my own experience..

if you let someone liek a hib caster get a stun in on you, as a sorc specificly you just suck majorly..

and thats precisely what you do most of the time. you dont use your range advantage at all.. I dont see you beeing able to compete with that purge3&moc3... to many times you deserve to die so bad to stealthers or other ppl you mean,, but ofc sorcs have alot of IWIN buttons :p

come again about stun..:m00:

Punkrock any1 ?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:

That's like saying "if you let someone cast a spell on you, you suck". This is obviously a completey ridiculous statement to make, especially considering the interrupt and re-casting code built into the game.

I'm sure even you get spell cast on you from time to time...if alb casters had baseline stun, you'd get stunned just the same as anyone else.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
That's like saying "if you let someone cast a spell on you, you suck". This is obviously a completey ridiculous statement to make, especially considering the interrupt and re-casting code built into the game.

I'm sure even you get spell cast on you from time to time...if alb casters had baseline stun, you'd get stunned just the same as anyone else.

except he doesn't have range advantage in any way. btw, i had a spell cast on me before. its called zone of unmana, and unfortunately for you, doesn't expose stealthers. :(

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
except he doesn't have range advantage in any way. btw, i had a spell cast on me before. its called zone of unmana, and unfortunately for you, doesn't expose stealthers. :(

I know, I must get used to my new quickbars!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
the realms are different mates!

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Ckiller said:
8 out of 10 fights when i get stunned im dead thats just the way it is(this is in fg rvr)
This is becouse of the assist, you would be dead without the stunn aswell..
The stunn only works for stopping you to kite the tank assist. :)

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
My class gets no purge, so Stun = Dead
I have less range and no way out of stun!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Celestino said:
#1 no pd when clerics were nerfed; hard to keep a ra in mind that is designed years later
#2 even with NF; PD 5 gives 28% melee damage reduction (tho casters get 10% extra from buffs) for 34 realmpoints; chain gives 27% melee damage reduction for 0 realmpoints;
#3 30 of those 34 realmpoints can be spent on BoF, +40% melee damage reduction, or any other RA a cleric has access to
#4 The problem with smite clerics was a 30 sec reuse pb:ae instamezz on a specnuker in chainarmor that if all failed could still use insta or castheals on himself while having at least lowlvl buffs (few bbs around that time)
#5 The cleric nerf was the best thing that could happen to albion as all those uber smiters respecced so they could actually be of use to grps

but I agree, comparing apples and oranges is fun as long the orange you talk about is actually a pear

Would have to agree with you, the Smite Cleric was an aboration in its original form. Much like WL's and Banshee's are now. How long before they get changed? Hope its not too long.

Prothoe

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:

so Staj when you are playing your sorc on classic server and you get hib caster stunned (and you will do) "you just suck majorly" too?

or mb trying to take cougars mantle as resident flamebaiter and get your kicks from winding people up with idiotic comments?

or ? -_-;

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

insta interrupt from 1500 range is not bad though

anyway stun is annoying in some situations but I rate having a 2.5s 179 delve lifetap higher than stun

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Garbannoch said:
insta interrupt from 1500 range is not bad though

anyway stun is annoying in some situations but I rate having a 2.5s 179 delve lifetap higher than stun

insta interrupt firstly wont do shit if I dont have cb charge up :p

and secondly dps debuff has been hotfixed =P

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
NO class in the game should have an ability that REQUIRES you to have a timered active RA to survive it (or else be a light tank specced high det).

Remove the baseline stun, put it into the least useful spec line so that casters have to spec for it - i play a hib caster a bit at the moment and even i recognise if properly used its obscenely powerful.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
insta interrupt firstly wont do shit if I dont have cb charge up :p

and secondly dps debuff has been hotfixed =P

since when :eek7: can swear i got interrupted by a chanter 2 days ago or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom