Can folks stop dueling Near BUSY areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
That thread is just becoming another example of how people love to misunderstand each other. The original poster just wants to say what he thinks and people jump on him cause he tells the truth? On the other hand there are lots of really good answers in here aswell.

I agree with Zoia that NF is poorly designed for soloers, as the bridges are just really boring choking points. In OF you could go Hadrian or Odin and walk around there, looking for solo fights, whereas nowadays you can travel between Crau and Crau bridge (and their respective keeps in Alb/Mid) to end up near the bridges. As Zoia said, running around and getting the jump or getting jumped is the part that makes soloing so much more exciting.

I also agree with the bridge argument, cause mostly it's not the soloers, but the campers that stay at bridges so often enough it's just mezz and kill, finito. I'm crap at remembering names, so if I see some random people "camping" a bridge, I'm rather inclined to fill up my RP bar.

Then there is also the "farming" aspect of bridges. So you, the super soloer, stay at the bridge and some dude who wants to take a boat and meet the zerg comes by. Is he looking for some 1v1 fights? Is he having fun when you 3shoot him right into the ground and back to the border keep? I think not. So my duo partner is waiting in some different zone and me, a poor healer comes over the bridge. Then you go all "ROFL I so pwned that guy" and I'm pissed off at the situation and will organize more people to kill you to be able to RvR with my duo partner who now has to wait even longer....get my point?

Don't get me wrong, I love soloing with my BM and I used to solo while I was a nature druid, but druid was much more fun cause actually NF was so new and people were roaming around etc. The bridge situation is just utter boring.

My 2 cents =)

kolomparas

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
Well he is mistaken, I can assure you of that. I have only ever grouped once with my Paladin since I started soloing with him (and that's a long time ago). I actually even regret that incident now, even though it involved me in a trio (for an hour at the most) with Aim and someone else, and we ganked poor old Pip.

I follow a strict play style when on my Paladin, and play as honourably as I can. That's why I am always on here complaining when others f*ck me over - it's frustrating.

I think generally I've built a decent reputation on my Pally, especially amongst the Hib solo crowd.

hmm u are right :p i so hate the so similar names :/

kivik

Part of the furniture
Agree with zoia really, never liked dueling circles that much either. The key to keep soloing going is to roam, not stand still packed up with casters in add-range.

In that way, it's good that you kill players in dueling zones, although the result will most likely be another player getting fed up and leaving.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Zoia said:
Fought Noobin a few times the day i saw you(monday) and they were good fights.
I'd like to fight Tripolar too. Maybe today! =)
You`ll have to wait for the paypal to clear first........

That DC bridge stuff i confusing! I climb up and Nuxto is randomly smiting variuos hibs from the top .Hibs come our direction so i ask if he wants help if more than 1 attack him.Up comes the 1st hib who kicks my ass and all i see is Nuxto saying 'oh hes a nice hero i don`t hit him' :)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
No...what happened was. I go up and u tell me 2 stealthers r inc for me. I tell u i know that already. U ask me if u should help if many come. I saw ... sure why not. And then i tell u... leave the hero alone. So i smite the others...but u shoot arrows to .. the Hero. So they come up. And i stand still mainly cause screen froze from the lag i had been habing for a while. So i wake up and i see u dead and me with 2-3 less buffs. Ask what happened... u didnt really answer... drunk my buff pots..and then i got zerged by 5 hibs...where actually a lol rr2 bard did /slit after. Lol.

kivik

Part of the furniture
forgot to mention,

Had a nice fight with noobinscales too, was lovely seeing him farm fanguir at brynja also :)

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
I'd like to fight Tripolar too. Maybe today! =)

Manisch Depressiv said:
Oh well, some Brehon caster squad out in the need of RPs, cba, loging back to PvE.

the fun lasted as long as irvr lasted in alb lands... now there is no insta port so bridges and areas around them are kinda too crowded by natives steered by the occasional fg that comes to farm at bridges

guess i will play a stealther

PS. :cheers: for all that had fun around crau W while it lasted

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
yeah to many newbs zerging it up now, pointless playing

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
That thread is just becoming another example of how people love to misunderstand each other. The original poster just wants to say what he thinks and people jump on him cause he tells the truth? On the other hand there are lots of really good answers in here aswell.

I agree with Zoia that NF is poorly designed for soloers, as the bridges are just really boring choking points. In OF you could go Hadrian or Odin and walk around there, looking for solo fights, whereas nowadays you can travel between Crau and Crau bridge (and their respective keeps in Alb/Mid) to end up near the bridges. As Zoia said, running around and getting the jump or getting jumped is the part that makes soloing so much more exciting.

I also agree with the bridge argument, cause mostly it's not the soloers, but the campers that stay at bridges so often enough it's just mezz and kill, finito. I'm crap at remembering names, so if I see some random people "camping" a bridge, I'm rather inclined to fill up my RP bar.

Then there is also the "farming" aspect of bridges. So you, the super soloer, stay at the bridge and some dude who wants to take a boat and meet the zerg comes by. Is he looking for some 1v1 fights? Is he having fun when you 3shoot him right into the ground and back to the border keep? I think not. So my duo partner is waiting in some different zone and me, a poor healer comes over the bridge. Then you go all "ROFL I so pwned that guy" and I'm pissed off at the situation and will organize more people to kill you to be able to RvR with my duo partner who now has to wait even longer....get my point?

Don't get me wrong, I love soloing with my BM and I used to solo while I was a nature druid, but druid was much more fun cause actually NF was so new and people were roaming around etc. The bridge situation is just utter boring.

My 2 cents =)

Pretty much agree, except than OF was much worse for choke points, milegates were impassable and by the end almost always camped by some sort of zerg, at least you can swim or walk around a zerg on bridges.

The real problem with soloing is the population is too small for such a huge area. In the US I run into loads of soloers well away from the main dock-keeps and bridges simply because there are 3k online instead of 300.

ogmonda

Fledgling Freddie
well the fun of solo rvr have the bases in the fun of dodging fg's,//duo's and looking for a good 1v1. most of the solo action is near bleed, DC or beno.. because that's the way it is.. is nothing pre-arranged or smth fishy here that my smell as a coc break up. is just a way of fun i like having even though beeing a visible one is a bit hard to dodge the friendly and warm wellcome that some fg's are giving u. anyway i do like 1 v 1 and i like to have them whereever is possible even if it's a matter of buff//port//boat//zerged//dead//rel and all over again maybe most of the soloer's are a bit sadistic in a way and like beeing jumped by duo's//trio's//fg's and yes i will go over and over again there because i know there is some1 w8-ing for a good fight.. sometimes though if there are indeed some who are ruining that area (let's say beno for example) i just move to DC or stay at home in odin's and u will see the one's from the other realm will follow u r example and move from there to the other area's so basicaly speaking u need to be more alert and think a bit see the area u are going to roam and u can have a good evening.
oo and for those that will say "but u r a fecking zerger" i will answer before they can ask: i do join grp's because 60 -70 % of the time solo is unacceptable for a visible light tank but i do not agree with my grp zerging an soloer that why i just stay calm and w8 for the grp to kill him.
oo and for those who might say "but u r a ****** adder" again i will answer before they can say: i do not add in other 1v1 (although i addmit it is tempting getting 2 db's) but i don;t do it as my self i don't like beeing added neither by an enemy player neither by my "helpfull" midgardian's.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
This thread is disappointing in a number of ways (and it has nothing to do with the actual original request).

Firstly this cursed SotG thing was never ever a problem previously. Now whenever someone sees a playstyle they do not like or agree with they are far too quick to moan that it is against the SotG and therefore could end up with a ban.

It is time for us to stop trying to enforce our playstyles on others by intimidation. It is time for us to stop using this SotG thing every 5 minutes, I am not even sure I know what the spirit of the game is anymore.

Secondly it is sad to see a few people unhappy that some have found a way of playing that gives them enjoyment. I may not agree or like it personally but it does not affect me adversely. In fact if it keeps people in the game isn't it a good thing ?

I almost get the impression that some will now go out of their way to spoil the playstyle of others just because they do not like it.

Times really are quite sad.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i wasnt condeming people who want to solo i was just asking the question, why do it at a busy bridge. Why complain when your zerged down, i was technically soloing on my druid today however when i saw a realm mate in trouble i assisted.

Thats the spirit of the game, ok i had some reasonable fights against folk but im rr4+ nature druid there isnt really that much i can do except dot and kite.

Anywho i wont say that soloing is wrong and i wont say bridge camping is wrong what i will say is that if your are soloing near a bridge that has busy trafic either to the docks or what ever then you cant complain if you get zerged.

And as most fgs take the bridge rather than swimming across i mean we know there are going to be stealthers on the bridge and some of you gank low realm ranks for the rps.

So we just assisting people to get to the boats by clearing the way.

If you never died it wouldnt be much of a challenge would it.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Awarkle - just to make it clear, I was not referring to you ...

Belisar said:
(and it has nothing to do with the actual original request).

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Awarkle said:
i wasnt condeming people who want to solo i was just asking the question, why do it at a busy bridge. Why complain when your zerged down, i was technically soloing on my druid today however when i saw a realm mate in trouble i assisted.

Thats the spirit of the game,

Bollox Warkie, that's the way YOU play the game, if u just run past and let the 1vs1 go on u wouldn't break any fecking shit SoTG.

Awarkle said:
ok i had some reasonable fights against folk but im rr4+ nature druid there isnt really that much i can do except dot and kite.

Aye ask Douglas-E who constantly soloed with a nature convoker Druid for weeks -.-

Awarkle said:
Anywho i wont say that soloing is wrong and i wont say bridge camping is wrong what i will say is that if your are soloing near a bridge that has busy trafic either to the docks or what ever then you cant complain if you get zerged.

U'll find that most ppl who solo doesn't complain if they get zerged by peeps "passing" by, they moan because they go to a zone 5 times in a row and the usual 4-5 players playing the camping trigger happy game can't grasp that if u kill the same SOLO player 5 times in a row, all that u achieve is pissing off a key part or RvR; your opponent.

Awarkle said:
And as most fgs take the bridge rather than swimming across i mean we know there are going to be stealthers on the bridge and some of you gank low realm ranks for the rps.

So we just assisting people to get to the boats by clearing the way.

Amazing how after 2 years of NF ppl still doesn't get the concept that u can get to the docks in various ways -.-

Awarkle said:
If you never died it wouldnt be much of a challenge would it.

If the only way to gain rps is outnumbering your opponents wouldn't be much of a challenge would it?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
How the hell do they dare?

This is clearly killing the SoTG!

Its definetly against teh SoTG, Duelers should be in a circle dancing not in a line. How dare they.....

:m00:

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
Bollox Warkie, that's the way YOU play the game, if u just run past and let the 1vs1 go on u wouldn't break any fecking shit SoTG.

Aye ask Douglas-E who constantly soloed with a nature convoker Druid for weeks -.-

U'll find that most ppl who solo doesn't complain if they get zerged by peeps "passing" by, they moan because they go to a zone 5 times in a row and the usual 4-5 players playing the camping trigger happy game can't grasp that if u kill the same SOLO player 5 times in a row, all that u achieve is pissing off a key part or RvR; your opponent.

Amazing how after 2 years of NF ppl still doesn't get the concept that u can get to the docks in various ways -.-

If the only way to gain rps is outnumbering your opponents wouldn't be much of a challenge would it?

All he's saying is why not move it elsewhere? No need to get so excited, its a very reasonable proposition. The duel circles interefere with the flow of play in that area. Most people, including awarkle, already alter their play style around the dueling by not killing you all, give em a bit of credit for that.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
O well ive said what neeed to be said if your red your dead.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Don't delude yourself, it's "If we're 8 and you're 1 red, you're dead" - other than that plenty of outcomes possible, especially against your group :p.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Cromcruaich said:
All he's saying is why not move it elsewhere? No need to get so excited, its a very reasonable proposition. The duel circles interefere with the flow of play in that area. Most people, including awarkle, already alter their play style around the dueling by not killing you all, give em a bit of credit for that.

U sure?

Awarkle said:
O well ive said what neeed to be said if your red your dead.

Doesn't sound that way, anyway i made my point. None of my business no more tbh; if peeps wanna drive away some more players from Uk Cluster they go on this way and they'll surely manage it ^^

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
U sure?

Doesn't sound that way, anyway i made my point. None of my business no more tbh; if peeps wanna drive away some more players from Uk Cluster they go on this way and they'll surely manage it ^^

Lots of players excluding Awarkle then. :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
If he dies 5 times in a row in the same place, you would have thought he would have leant the lesson of not going to place by the thrid, five times means hes just gullable.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
On other servers they all go by "if its red its dead", the excal cluster seem to be the only place (that I have found) that has this dueling and honour system, and that leaves me to beleive its this l33t mentality of "play by our rules or we will bully you off the server" crap thats forcing people to leave.

Beleive it or not, abusing people in game or on forums for their playstyle just because it doesnt suit your ideals upsets people enough to make them leave, from shouting "you added you c**t!!" to "lemon" can cause people to get angry or upset, and whos gonna enjoy a game after that.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
old.Whoodoo said:
If he dies 5 times in a row in the same place, you would have thought he would have leant the lesson of not going to place by the thrid, five times means hes just gullable.

Pretty much depends where the action is and what kind of action there is around. If there's an huge siege going on and the only place where u can find different action is let's say Beno bridge and let's say as a visible tank, u are pretty much forced to go there if u wanna RvR. Now u take yer boat go there and find the usual 2x infils + 3 scouts camping. U got zerged to oblivion (add on top of that some random sorc perching on the bridge tower) and rel, multiply that for 3 times and ask yourself, what's the end of the story? He logs and u can't get that enemy back in business. Whilest if, let's say, the aforementioned stealth group would have, at least, jumped him with 2 instead with the lot, he would have a fair chance of trying to win at least.
But u already know all this, pretty great difference between me and u is that u don't give a flying a fuck. De Facto.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
blah blah blah
Care about what exactly, the size of your epeen or player x who is too stupid to take a hint that other peoples playstyle might result in him dying over and over if he keeps going back, and is too anti social to join in with defending his realm. Yup, in both cases I dont care if he gets bored, but those stealthers will when he quits...lol

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
old.Whoodoo said:
Care about what exactly, the size of your epeen or player x who is too stupid to take a hint that other peoples playstyle might result in him dying over and over if he keeps going back, and is too anti social to join in with defending his realm. Yup, in both cases I dont care if he gets bored, but those stealthers will when he quits...lol

The key words are; "with defending his realm."

Gahn

Resident Freddy
old.Whoodoo said:

Tbh fuck off already, i never slated any1 in game, once, period. I try to be constructive in forums, till i find people like u. U are the one generalizing people playstyle, as said many other times we played fg, solo, siege and zerg.
We were the ones who got told to fuck off cause we wanted to have EVEN other playstyles then the bridge camping and the plain zerging.
Guess who's the shortsighted in here, surely ain't me i point vaguely at your direction; also the fact that u don't realize that it's your beloved "for the realm" playstyle that fucked over the community and the Uk cluster demonstrates who's really the "idiot" here, over and out.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
On other servers they all go by "if its red its dead", the excal cluster seem to be the only place (that I have found) that has this dueling and honour system, and that leaves me to beleive its this l33t mentality of "play by our rules or we will bully you off the server" crap thats forcing people to leave.

Actually, this isn't the case, infact it would be more accurate to describe other servers, well certainly avalon (maybe someone could enlighten us on the US situation), to have their own individual dueling and honour system where by far the majority of people have a live and let live attitude and respect the fact that other players want different things out of the game, and they dont all blindy spout this ill considered and inconsiderate 'red or dead' attitude that many people seem to hide behind to excuse extremely self centered and selfish attitudes to fellow players irrespective of realm.

Oh and edit*

Get with the program for gods sake, turn off the record and stop with the tired and largely irrelevant cliches about leet mentality and playing by our rules. Youve read to many whines here on FH and have started to believe your own bullshit.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Cromcruaich said:

Classy post tbh.

It seems to me the whole issue with the UK cluster was and continues to be the inability or unwillingness of a large number of players to respect other people's playstyle. Even after the FG players have left we still get the same pathetic discussions here.

It cuts both ways. Whether you support "red and dead" or "even fights" your actions (or inactions) can have an impact on others in the game. Flexibility and give and take was always needed.

I got sick of seeing people moan about "I pay my fees, you cannot tell me how to play, I will play as I like". Such a selfish attitude was always going to annoy one side or the other and leave us with the current results we see.

I saw both sides of it. I saw decent FG's refuse to come and help out at a seige and I was part of a decent FG that got told to piss off because we may steal all the rps.

The latter part is the interesting thing. For some the mighty rp and the realm rank means more than anything else. For others it is about honour and challenge. Another group may well just treat it as an all out war. The various styles just never quite mixed either on these forums or in game and so we are left with the consequences of our own shortsightedness.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It's getting a bit out of hand when fags like Nullifidian step in Fatload's and Horner's footsteps and run around with their DI bot close to a tower on Chanter one day to add on fights and the next day they go on an Alb toon to there and want fair fights.

But hey, Dark Age of Hypocrisy.

Nullifidian

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
It's getting a bit out of hand when fags like Nullifidian step in Fatload's and Horner's footsteps and run around with their DI bot close to a tower on Chanter one day to add on fights and the next day they go on an Alb toon to there and want fair fights.

But hey, Dark Age of Hypocrisy.

<sigh> The only hypocrite here Manisch is you. Do I really need to dig up old posts again to make you look stupid? :p

The only reason I 'add' on you is cos you're an ebay whoring, account scamming, good for nothing little bullshitter.

In fact here, let me help you out.

Urban Dictionary said:
someone who lies so fucking much its unbelieveable

Someone who lives and breathes bullshit. Even the carbon dioxide that they exhale has bullshit. I especially like this one. This is Manisch through and through.

Some one who just talks the biggest load of crap ever. They just won't fucking shut up!

etc. etc. etc.

Ring any bells? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom