Can folks stop dueling Near BUSY areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
Give my warrior a duel one day then :p

We've fought a few times. I've lost every time. I can't get past the WS difference TBH. The fact you're Hammer spec makes me QQ more ;)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Pfff, everytime someone says something about RvR, it turns FH into a persaonal attack warzone.

No wonder people are leaving, no one is ever happy playing anymore because everyone else is busy flaming them and their playstyle.

Get along nicely kiddies, its a game.

Gamah

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
Pfff, everytime someone says something about RvR, it turns FH into a persaonal attack warzone.

No wonder people are leaving, no one is ever happy playing anymore because everyone else is busy flaming them and their playstyle.

Get along nicely kiddies, its a game.

Says the first person to flame and get pissed off if someone disagrees with him.

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
Sotg = the new fotm argument to be used in every "add/zerg/strafe/run thru/engage etc QQ on this forum. Its been used so bad its lost all its meaning. (if there ever was any)
Some GM toss these 4 words "Spirit of the game" out in a debate, and suddenly every single whine that this forum can muster, base its arguments around it.

And pps still wonder why this cluster is droping like a fly. Take a look in the mirror and see a whiny biatch:twak:

uron

Loyal Freddie
Awarkle said:
Getting a bit tired of walking passed crauch west bridge and watching all the duelers line up to fight one another.

Then getting concerned because ive just run into gank someone.

If your going to organise dueling (which is against the coc) then can i recomend you go somewhere less traveled instead of outside crauch.

class A idiot

nothing wrong with not zerging ppl down the miniute u see them, although frm wat i remember ur guild use to be pros at tht! it may be against the CoC but its nt happening,its nt RP farming, people simply dont add, /beckon if they want to fight sum1 and bow wen they are going to start.
its against SOTG to have fair fights now lads!!!

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
uron said:
idd, and may all who disagree burn in the eternal flames of damnation :flame:

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
uron said:
class A idiot

nothing wrong with not zerging ppl down the miniute u see them, although frm wat i remember ur guild use to be pros at tht! it may be against the CoC but its nt happening,its nt RP farming, people simply dont add, /beckon if they want to fight sum1 and bow wen they are going to start.

Uron this is a post not a text message!

Less perving on your English teacher more learning young man :)

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
If I am solo on my Druid what else am I to do to make RPs? Think you've owned yourself TBH ;)

you do like all the other druids and find a group. that aint really that hard when your a healer class.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:
you do like all the other druids and find a group. that aint really that hard when your a healer class.

I'll explain this one final time. I had been grouped, people logged. At that time the other group running had 2 Druids, there was no need of my services. A short while later more people logged on and another group formed which I joined. In the intervening period I ran solo for a short while.

*Sigh*

pip

Banned
Moaning Myrtle said:
I'll explain this one final time. I had been grouped, people logged. At that time the other group running had 2 Druids, there was no need of my services. A short while later more people logged on and another group formed which I joined. In the intervening period I ran solo for a short while.

*Sigh*
More to the point your shit,and nobody wants you in there grp?:p <sniggles>

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
Whatever happened to the "solo zone" btw? I know it didn't really work before (thanks to a combo of duos, warlocks and groups that came to say hello as well) but it might be worth ressurecting?
I never saw many people who came with the intention to farm the soloers in the solo zone. It was more that people came at different times during the day and got tired of fighting the same 2-3 other guys that were there over and over and went elsewhere.
It might have lasted longer if it was only twice a week instead of every day. Then i think we would have seen more people there as it would have been something too look forward to while you were getting zerged in normal RvR the rest of the week. It was fun while it lasted though. :)

Personally i don't like duelling circles that much. They get boring after a few fights. At least in the solo zone, you could run around and sometimes get the jump on someone or get jumped, which made it more like normal RvR.
If some duo/trio charges into a duelcircle, it only spices things up a little, imo. :) If the circle breaks up, it can even be for the better, as i can go back to hunting.
That's what i like the most about soloing anyway, the hunting. Roaming around, avoiding groups, getting away from groups, getting someone by surprise, getting jumped by stealthers, not knowing what to expect, etc.
That's what soloing is about for me, not standing around in a circle, waiting for your uber timers to get back before you stand up and /beckon someone.
It's great when people let me finish a fight and i usually let others finish their fight too, but i wont whine if a fight gets interrupted. If i'm fighting an alb and 2 more albs jump in, then yea, i might /laugh or /rude some, but that's it. :p

The reason we get these duel circles is that there are no other places to go. It's all about bridges these days if you want to solo as a visual without speed. When several soloers who respect eachothers fight gather in a small area, you'll get a duel circle sooner or later, whether people actually want it or not.
It's not something we plan or talk about on irc. I don't even use irc.
In OF Odin's/Hadrian's, we had to run around more to find someone to fight and that's the reason we never saw that many duelling circles back then. We sometimes got a little duelling going on at 5am in Emain infront of atk, like once every other month. At that time we usually fought till one was down to 10% as well, because duelling didn't = "soloing" back then.
Blame the design of NF, i say!

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Moaning Myrtle said:
Well said mate.

Oh, and Nuxto, if you don't want to get sheared stupid, don't stand at DC bridge trying to farm people then QQ when I come out on my Druid - n00b :touch:

I only told Habemus to tell u that : judging from what u r doing on the drood (and what Sharpness has told me u did on the paly), and after the little 'talk' we had when u agrily logged on Mid to spam me when i killed u in the way i did on sb that last time, i wont be reluctant to hit my smite button next time i see u below my about 1800 range. And ofc wont have any problems to do what i did along with Warhead yesterday.

rawr

Fledgling Freddie
I enjoy soloing when I log my Infil and do agree it gets annoying when your fight is added on, what I am at a loss to explain though are the duel circles that keep popping up. These are fun once in a while, but if you go to a well known zone and people are constantly idling about waiting for a 'fair' fight, where is the fun in that? There feels like there is too much pressure to do things by the book all the time, i.e. pop out of stealth and /bow before a fight as it's a duel circle. I used to do this to people I wanted to fight without opening with PA chain even outside of a duel circle as it was more of a challenge; but when I am forced to do it seemingly all the time it gets dull. In my eyes a soloer is more the type of person that goes out own their own and kills things on their own, that was half the fun on my Infil; getting away before I was attacked again, and if I was attacked again then I had to do all I could to survive that next fight and escape intact :p

I'm sure I am not the only person to feel this way, I am by no means a zerger as I will always leave a 1v1 fight (mistakes happen) and especially when on my Infil I had my own respect list, and a revenge list, it was all about keeping on my toes, and it was fun. I gradually grew bored of playing my Infil when the duels started happening all too often, I like a fair fight but the artificial way I was getting them just took away lots of the fun.

I feel sorry for anyone new trying to join the solo scene now, it's not about soloing, it's about dueling and all the unwritten rules and frustration that comes along with it. This is one of the reasons I don't like the idea of duel zones and the Agramon idea as I have posted before; they feel too artifical and I like the sporadical environment assosciated with what I consider soloing. Sure you get annoyed loads if you get zerged by other people (especially repeatedly); but if you choose to solo it is the path that you want to play and after a little vent in guild chat or something just carry on; never once have I whined about zergs on FH or logged on another toon to throw abuse at someone they ruined my fight. If you find duels fun then by all means go somewhere intelligent like Agramon/ Agramon bridges instead, otherwise you're just fooling yourself if you think everyone else in the game is going to respect your dueling circles, regardless of whether some already do or not. When I used to want the least chance of adds, if say irvr was going on in a frontier I would choose a quieter frontier and find likeminded enemies to fight. I noticed this seemed to stop not long before I gave up playing my Infil actively; people seemed too eager for instant action and would go to irvr and then moan when they get zerged in irvr, this is pretty ironic. Atleast with the quiet frontiers you could still attack people and keep on your toes instead of standing around in a dueling circle all the time, like I said I think they're fun once in a while but all the time is just dull.

When it has got to the point where soloing is synonymous with dueling and the other people that you would normally attack if say they were crossing a bridge alone, feel they are being griefed if you attack them, don't you agree that something isn't quite right?
Bring back the soloing of random encounters with your enemies and not the artifical circles I only see today, that's where the fun is imo :)

uron

Loyal Freddie
Calmin said:
Uron this is a post not a text message!

Less perving on your English teacher more learning young man :)

arent u working or summin?
if nt get ingame cause i cnt make arti raid tomorrow :p and i need those artis!!!

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Nuxtobatns said:
I only told Habemus to tell u that : judging from what u r doing on the drood (and what Sharpness has told me u did on the paly), and after the little 'talk' we had when u agrily logged on Mid to spam me when i killed u in the way i did on sb that last time, i wont be reluctant to hit my smite button next time i see u below my about 1800 range. And ofc wont have any problems to do what i did along with Warhead yesterday.

What did Sharpness say I did on my Pally?!

As for the rest, that's up to you - I don't pay your subs. But if you're ever more then 1v1 against me don't think for a second you've got skills.

See you out there I guess.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
He mentioned to me a time where 3 albs were spread outiside Beno. Something like 1 near Docks, 1 near Bridge and 1 near the Hill South. So it would appear that all 3 r solo...but when the fight started the rest would run and gang the attacker.

I never bragged killing u with Warhead or that particular time on sb. Was just something that could be done and since it was u i didnt really have a problem doing it (on sb we cleared it that it was misinformation, but on thane it was willingly). Tho i do tend to brag when pieces fall into place and i chain kill 3-5 enemies that r trying actively to get me :)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Tuthmes said:
Hmm, hmm! Givf duel vs mah hewoin!
Hey, it's against the CoC and SotG to arrange duels!
I don't play my valk much anyways, but i might have to after 1.87 when all the FotM MoB5 shield users come out to play and my zerker wont kill any of them. ;)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Zoia said:
Hey, it's against the CoC and SotG to arrange duels!
I don't play my valk much anyways, but i might have to after 1.87 when all the FotM MoB5 shield users come out to play and my zerker wont kill any of them. ;)

MoB 3 + MoParry2 atm, working my way up! :p. Else givf set group for Soldiers Barricade abuse. >:|

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Noobinscales and Mayet best low RR opponents, I smell high potential!

Saw Chandi only once, could have been interesting

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Noobinscales and Mayet best low RR opponents, I smell high potential!

Saw Chandi only once, could have been interesting
Fought Noobin a few times the day i saw you(monday) and they were good fights.
I'd like to fight Tripolar too. Maybe today! =)

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Nuxtobatns said:
He mentioned to me a time where 3 albs were spread outiside Beno. Something like 1 near Docks, 1 near Bridge and 1 near the Hill South. So it would appear that all 3 r solo...but when the fight started the rest would run and gang the attacker.

I never bragged killing u with Warhead or that particular time on sb. Was just something that could be done and since it was u i didnt really have a problem doing it (on sb we cleared it that it was misinformation, but on thane it was willingly). Tho i do tend to brag when pieces fall into place and i chain kill 3-5 enemies that r trying actively to get me :)

Well he is mistaken, I can assure you of that. I have only ever grouped once with my Paladin since I started soloing with him (and that's a long time ago). I actually even regret that incident now, even though it involved me in a trio (for an hour at the most) with Aim and someone else, and we ganked poor old Pip.

I follow a strict play style when on my Paladin, and play as honourably as I can. That's why I am always on here complaining when others f*ck me over - it's frustrating.

I think generally I've built a decent reputation on my Pally, especially amongst the Hib solo crowd.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
nice post Rawr I tend to completely agree with you. Although I think it is something to do with the difference in experience between visible and invisible tanks.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Zoia said:
Fought Noobin a few times the day i saw you(monday) and they were good fights.
I'd like to fight Tripolar too. Maybe today! =)

Oh well, some Brehon caster squad out in the need of RPs, cba, loging back to PvE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom