Can folks stop dueling Near BUSY areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
Well said mate.

Oh, and Nuxto, if you don't want to get sheared stupid, don't stand at DC bridge trying to farm people then QQ when I come out on my Druid - n00b :touch:

lol! didnt u whine shitloads when u where on ur pally about shears and wanting proper fights ??

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
trycorn said:
lol! didnt u whine shitloads when u where on ur pally about shears and wanting proper fights ??

Oh noes! I've been pwned! :)

Well done Sir, I am indeed a stinky hypocrite - I'll be sure to STFU for the rest of the day :worthy:

P.S. Shears still suck - even though they do give fat RPs :(

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
Oh noes! I've been pwned! :)

Well done Sir, I am indeed a stinky hypocrite - I'll be sure to STFU for the rest of the day :worthy:

P.S. Shears still suck - even though they do give fat RPs :(

repped :)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
To a certain extent I agree with Awarkle.

If you fight there, do expect some people to have a crack at you. Additionally, people also like to rvr around that bridge (well they used to, not been there for a while), including casters ofcourse who are completely excluded from this tank 1v1 stuff. You effectively make it rather difficult for the other players to have a proper rvr experience in that locality, and also interfere with the flow of rvr in there where people have to take longer to make the decision as to whether someone is part of the dueler crew or not - ive often nuked people by accident because quick reactions to enemies are what the game is about.

Personally I fully respect duelers whereever they maybe, but circling up around main bridges is an irritant. Lets be honest, the only reason for choosing that spot is its high accessibility, as the duelers want an easier life as well, take it off somewhere else if you really want to duel and be left alone.

Also, there is this dual standards, often ive come up on my caster to watch fights, only for a couple of bloody stealthers to pop on me and gank me - the dishonourable minority I suppose, but its that sort of behaviour, if taken against someone less tolerant than myself, the guarenties more often than not individuals will not respect duelers going at it.

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
Well said mate.

Oh, and Nuxto, if you don't want to get sheared stupid, don't stand at DC bridge trying to farm people then QQ when I come out on my Druid - n00b :touch:

Says the guy who cant compete 8vs8, 1vs1 , so he needs to steamroll and shear ppl having fun. You are so leet mate :wanker:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Cromcruaich said:
... where people have to take longer to make the decision as to whether someone is part of the dueler crew or not - ive often nuked people by accident because quick reactions to enemies are what the game is about.

i can only agree there unfortunately. happened to everyone i guess that you end up at a bridge and see 4-5 (red) people and start blast away. and then come to the discovery that it was 2 mids and 3 hibs not attacking eachother.

Cromcruaich said:
Personally I fully respect duelers whereever they maybe, but circling up around main bridges is an irritant. Lets be honest, the only reason for choosing that spot is its high accessibility, as the duelers want an easier life as well, take it off somewhere else if you really want to duel and be left alone.

i dunno how the center of agramon would appeal to duelers ? as long as the own realms controla crau / bled / beno it is an easy access area that is not a high trafic area, and the people who come there are suposed to be fg`s who suposedly leave soloers allone more than the average zerging casual.
untill lotm hits us and the bridges to agramon might become high trafic areas, the bridges to agramon are probably good placers for soloers.

The bridges that leed to the docks offer probably a lot more `prey`, but they also have substantially more predators of the `red is dead` type and those bridges are often very bussy and chaotic places where the fg`s and zergs like have a fight too and for who soloers are technically `colateral damage`.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Shotoken said:
Says the guy who cant compete 8vs8, 1vs1 , so he needs to steamroll and shear ppl having fun. You are so leet mate :wanker:

Get out of bed the wrong side did we?

Let me correct your perception of me...

Firstly, I am not, nor have I ever claimed to be 'leet'. I have never had good reactions, nor have I ever tried to kid myself (or anyone else) into thinking I have skills. I am an average (at best) player. But you know what? That's good enough for me. Everyone cannot be the best, I just try to play the best I can, and try to have fun while doing so.

I have never tried to compete 8v8, so I've no idea where you got that from. The only characters I ever group with are my Cleric on Alb/Excal and Druid on Hib/Pryd, and they're both in unfinished templates. When I do play them, usually it's in PUGs, without voice. Little surprise then if we get ganked by a wtfpwn super-opted FG!

As for 1v1, well, with respect, you're talking shit. My Paladin isn't even RR5 and regularly beats up to RR10 toons.

Now, turn your PC off, go have a cup of tea and give your head a shake :fluffle:

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
You beat them before or after your megameights shear their buffs? :m00:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Theres love in this thread.

The point is, dont QQ if you die in RvR at all, it happens, and I think Im right in saying thats what the game was designed for, no matter how you die.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Moaning Myrtle said:
Firstly, I am not, nor have I ever claimed to be 'leet'. I have never had good reactions, nor have I ever tried to kid myself (or anyone else) into thinking I have skills. I am an average (at best) player. But you know what? That's good enough for me. Everyone cannot be the best, I just try to play the best I can, and try to have fun while doing so.

I have never tried to compete 8v8, so I've no idea where you got that from. The only characters I ever group with are my Cleric on Alb/Excal and Druid on Hib/Pryd, and they're both in unfinished templates. When I do play them, usually it's in PUGs, without voice. Little surprise then if we get ganked by a wtfpwn super-opted FG!

ofc moaning is not leet ! why else would he be in TMM ? the only half decent player in that guild is some cleric called gradiuus.:worthy:

Gamah

Banned
Yeah you bitches should die in EvE-Online then you'll cry when you die.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Brackus said:
Personally id say go on the hill near crauc t4, totally out of the way of groups running past the bridge on way to docks

well seeing the ammounts of groups who take that detour, albs hibs mids, to find soloers who duel.. that is quite a crap idea.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Fanguir said:
Kill em all u idiots and take pictures of those who dont help u killing them (becouse not helping in a fight is against the spirit of the game).

KILL KILL KILL and /rofl

what kind of moronic statement is that?

im allowed to kill and not kill what ever i fucking want in this game.
i cant be banned for not helping a realm mate kill something. And the day I do is the day i run in with a dynamite stick in my hand, into GoA's office in france. :p

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Shotoken said:
You beat them before or after your megameights shear their buffs? :m00:

I always solo on my Paladin, and TBH cannot recall a single occasion where someone I am fighting has been sheared. If someone adds I'll back off and let them duke it out, I don't keep going.

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
I always solo on my Paladin, and TBH cannot recall a single occasion where someone I am fighting has been sheared. If someone adds I'll back off and let them duke it out, I don't keep going.

So you just play like a retard when u want, quite interesting... :kissit:

Fanguir

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:
what kind of moronic statement is that?

im allowed to kill and not kill what ever i fucking want in this game.
i cant be banned for not helping a realm mate kill something. And the day I do is the day i run in with a dynamite stick in my hand, into GoA's office in france. :p

Banned I did not say banned.....????

Real m8s should help killing the enemy ftw:england:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Fanguir said:
aye :) my /ignore list is huge :) kill /rude /rofl ftw

What a surprise..

I have a feeling you're on more than one ignore list yourself.

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Fanguir said:
Banned I did not say banned.....????

Real m8s should help killing the enemy ftw:england:
if u break sotg / coc u will get temp banned or perm banned depending what the offence was, so u did say banned...

zake

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
Getting a bit tired of walking passed crauch west bridge and watching all the duelers line up to fight one another.

Then getting concerned because ive just run into gank someone.

If your going to organise dueling (which is against the coc) then can i recomend you go somewhere less traveled instead of outside crauch.

We all have our way of enjoying the game... Not everyone likes the endless zerging and other retarded playstyles.

Fanguir

Fledgling Freddie
trycorn said:
if u break sotg / coc u will get temp banned or perm banned depending what the offence was, so u did say banned...

did not mention sotg/coc either:)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
The simple act of not killing an enemy isn't against the CoC (or the sotg or whatever) ...

Sitting around dueling for hours on end is against the spirit of the game I believe but it's more of a case of how much it's being done - you'd have to ask a GM for a proper clarification of that. However I'm pretty sure that the "duel events" that crop up next to the bridges aren't strictly on the level. Obviously it's a different situation from ircing someone, meeting up in an out of the way place and killing each other repeatedly ;) but it's still slightly shady.

Now all this said, if someone was to trot over the bridge and wipe out the people sitting in a circle dueling they're perfectly within their rights.

If someone were to then start /sending abuse _they_ would be breaking the CoC.

So, theoretical situation, I trot across a bridge (whilst grouped with someone who's not a smite cleric and not me and can therefore kill things). We see red people and kill them. (I say we kill them, what I mean is the person I'm grouped with kills them and I try and find my smite key)

One of the albs (alb1) sends a polite notice saying "aww, we were having fun there, that was mean" - that's not against the CoC.

Another alb (alb2) standing around starts /sending abuse to me (or the person I'm grouped with) along the lines of "fo cocksucker adder leecher! waah wahh! *more expletives*". This alb would be breaking the CoC.

Whatever happened to the "solo zone" btw? I know it didn't really work before (thanks to a combo of duos, warlocks and groups that came to say hello as well) but it might be worth ressurecting?

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Fanguir said:
did not mention sotg/coc either:)
ill try once again, u said :
Fanguir said:
(becouse not helping in a fight is against the spirit of the game)
okay : Spirit Of The Game = SOTG so infact U DID mention it, next time to try to write, engage ur brain and u will get just a tad further...

Fanguir

Fledgling Freddie
trycorn said:
ill try once again, u said :

okay : Spirit Of The Game = SOTG so infact U DID mention it, next time to try to write, engage ur brain and u will get just a tad further...

yes yes that I did:)

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
I hardly ever bring my self to post in these kind of threads ad they just end up in "You added on me the other night... " "wtf!! you were in a duo the other day and killed my friend.." "you cant spell your name!!.." and so forth:)

But from my point of view this is how i see it (and some player that i hold in much respect):

Since family situation i only play 2-3hours per week and therefore wanna make them as worthwhile as possoble. Having some 1vs1 fights is just the best excitment there is, especialy when you fight someone new. I always try to remember what RAs / toys / spec my enemy had so i can beat them next time or keep beating them:).

My rps progress very slowly but i dont mind loosing 5 fights in a row as long as think i did my best.Pity so many care about rps/hour.....

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
Get out of bed the wrong side did we?

Let me correct your perception of me...

As for 1v1, well, with respect, you're talking shit. My Paladin isn't even RR5 and regularly beats up to RR10 toons.

Now, turn your PC off, go have a cup of tea and give your head a shake :fluffle:

Give my warrior a duel one day then :p

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Shotoken said:
So you just play like a retard when u want, quite interesting... :kissit:

If I am solo on my Druid what else am I to do to make RPs? Think you've owned yourself TBH ;)

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
annoying to have large part of potential fights tied up at some dueling circle , only adds to the downward spiral , less action brings less players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom