Camelot Unchained

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i think the most important question we need answering about CU is:

are there going to be -proper- healing classes, or "heal bots" instead of those god awful dps/heal/whatever hybrids everyone keeps designing in games :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok, so I am close to donating myself after seeing the piece on the Depths :) Never liked DF myself, but there are some very nice ideas brewing in that crazy head of Mr J. Of course, there are a few of us who have previously played the NPC - I had a level 75 infiltrator for a while ;)

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
I'm reaching out to Kickstarter now to talk to them about this. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: I'm hoping this guy is a CC scammer and not somebody who thinks that they can resell the tiers.

I am hoping so too. Do you want his information MJ?

Kyrana

Regular Freddie

are there going to be -proper- healing classes, or "heal bots" instead of those god awful dps/heal/whatever hybrids everyone keeps designing in games :(

Mabs He has already said there will be pure healers. :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Turned out the guy was some sort of kickstarter claim farmer selling the limited number tiers - he's currently selling the 5k, 1k and 180 limited tiers - no idea how many he signed up for but not very good for the game - presumably all the ones he cant flog will get dumped at the last minute?

how low can you go, sigh.

Mark Jacobs

The real MJ

Pure healers are 100% confirmed.

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
Edit timer :< found a guy who was willing to give up his IT spot if your still interested. I'll pm his info to ya

Can you or Rynnor please give MJ the information for this guy trying to sell the tiers please.

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
Turned out the guy was some sort of kickstarter claim farmer selling the limited number tiers - he's currently selling the 5k, 1k and 180 limited tiers - no idea how many he signed up for but not very good for the game - presumably all the ones he cant flog will get dumped at the last minute?

Damn man that sucks, just to clarify, i have nothing to do with that person. I just remembered i saw his post this morning and ctrl+f searched it in the comments on the KS when i saw your post.

I'm reaching out to Kickstarter now to talk to them about this. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: I'm hoping this guy is a CC scammer and not somebody who thinks that they can resell the tiers.

I can mail you his info on KS if you want to look it up

Kyrana

Regular Freddie

Please send MJ the info.

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
Damn man that sucks, just to clarify, i have nothing to do with that person. I just remembered i saw his post this morning and ctrl+f searched it in the comments on the KS when i saw your post.

Thanks for the quick response. <3

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Maybe it would having a sub section for Camelot Unchained so people can start discussing stuffs in separate threads and such?

Whaddya thing Lord Deebs?

and Kyrana, some awesome delegation skills there - Want me to find the culprit MJ? - Yes please - GUYS TELL MJ WHO IT WAS!

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
Maybe it would having a sub section for Camelot Unchained so people can start discussing stuffs in separate threads and such?

and Kyrana, some awesome delegation skills there - Want me to find the culprit MJ? - Yes please - GUYS TELL MJ WHO IT WAS!

Hey I do not want our backers to be taken advantage of or fall prey to some guys trying to scam CC info. :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Without requiring Deebs to waste his time answering, when the game hits its funding we will doubtless accommodate this request (its kinda already being discussed).

Kyrana

Regular Freddie

Can you mail it to me here as well? Just want to make sure it doesnt get lost in the shuffle. I will send it to him as well.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Without requiring Deebs to waste his time answering, when the game hits its funding we will doubtless accommodate this request (its kinda already being discussed).

Can we have an OT too please? :p joking joking

Mark Jacobs

The real MJ

LOL, no problem. Thanks for passing it on. I'm not happy about this either if it is true or worse, if the guy is trying to CC scam. And people wonder why I have such a cynical outlook... :)

Mark Jacobs

The real MJ
cheers for reply :)
so glad to hear that
Glad you like it. Having distinct class roles is one of my FPs for this game. Personally, I would love to design a wide open, classless system but for the type of game I want to make, this approach is better. If I ever design a single player RPG, it's skill/use based all the way.

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
LOL, no problem. Thanks for passing it on. I'm not happy about this either if it is true or worse, if the guy is trying to CC scam. And people wonder why I have such a cynical outlook... :)
Cool man, thought i did a good deed and then this happens heh

rynnor

Rockhound
Hey guys. :) We are doing well and I am pretty sure that we will fund. :) If you guys could pop over and give Larian some love they really helped us out. They featured us and it really was a big boost in numbers for us. https://www.facebook.com/LarianStudios?ref=ts&fref=ts Just wanted to drop in and show some love and thank you all for backing. <3 <3 <3 Oh btw there I think there may be a stealther update today. :)

Now I'm suddenly backing 2 kickstarter projects thanks to you :p

Mabs

dont know if this has come up before or not, so ill ask anyway ;

presume its not going to have collision detection on players (if only in rvr) a-la WAR ?

Mark Jacobs

The real MJ

presume its not going to have collision detection on players (if only in rvr) a-la WAR ?
We've been talking about this for a while and no decision has been made other than to say that Andrew knows it won't be a technical challenge to implement and still maintain high FPS in large scale battles. I'm interested in exploring the mechanic only if it makes the game better.

rynnor

Rockhound

I guess if players dont count as collidable objects it means that defensive structures knocked together by crafters will have more significance - defend your soft targets with walls and structures instead of tank lines?

Mabs

I guess if players dont count as collidable objects it means that defensive structures knocked together by crafters will have more significance - defend your soft targets with walls and structures instead of tank lines?

well that was the thing in WAR, you could actually put a TANK WALL in a keep doorway, gave them something to do

but then giving them wall climb spikes in daoc, and similair things give them more of an active rolee

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I thought spikes were a bit of a kop out. I like the idea of blocking stuff though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom