Camelot Unchained in the building stage!!! :)

Jairon Kalach

Regular Freddie
That almost sounds like the old EQ skill system.

Yeah, not sure... But, here's the quote from FP#4

However, that is not enough; we also want players to know that as they play through the game, their ongoing choices of weapons, crafting, play-style, etc. will also have a real bearing on not only their skills/abilities but also on their bodies. I cannot say that “Every choice you make matters!” because well, that would simply not be true. What I can say is that if a player swings an axe 1000 times, it will affect their character’s strength. Conversely, if they are struck with 1000 axe-blows, it will also take its toll (do not worry; we are not talking about perma-death)

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
So... Um... I'm not convinced the levels will be how we normally think of them in a PvE game, either... I don't have any quotes on this, but... MJ stated consistently that, "When you swing a sword, you get better at swinging swords..." So... I'm sure he'll start laying it out, soon after the forums come up, but... I think he probably has a BSC idea for character progression he hasn't talked about, yet...

You mean like guild wars 2 when exp you gain exp for the weapon set your using at the time ?

Jairon Kalach

Regular Freddie
Seth, are you talking about the interview from yesterday?
The one a few days ago, I believe... Either that in the Mark-a-thon... I've seen so many Mark video's that they're kind of all swimming around together in my brain, at this point. ;-)

- English -

Resident Freddy
I'd like to think if i use axe for weeks on end my axe skills will become capped. I should not expect to pick a 2h sword up and swing it like braveheart

Stovetop

Fledgling Freddie
Hey everyone!

So... What's the leading "smoothing over" tactic you've used to keep your wife\gf from ripping you a new one??? Now that this thing has funded, there's gonna need to be a talk. ;)

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
Hey everyone!

So... What's the leading "smoothing over" tactic you've used to keep your wife\gf from ripping you a new one??? Now that this thing has funded, there's gonna need to be a talk. ;)

Welcome...I am lucky my husband is a gamer ;)

Jairon Kalach

Regular Freddie
Hey everyone!

I chose honesty. I asked before hand, I explained what I thought was so cool. And I chose a great woman. That helps. ;-)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Hey everyone!

Atleast you got two years to prepare her :)

E_E

Loyal Freddie

Abriael

Fledgling Freddie
Question, how do you set your signature around here? If we even can?

Jairon Kalach

Regular Freddie
So from my understanding you basiclly is the same level all along but the more you rvr, the more you unluck, stronger skills, little higher delve, little faster caster speed and so on?

That is how I bring together all of the sources. However, he has never stated this specifically, and... He has consistently used the term "levels." I don't know if this was hand-waving, or what he has in mind for a progression system.

rynnor

Rockhound
That is how I bring together all of the sources. However, he has never stated this specifically, and... He has consistently used the term "levels." I don't know if this was hand-waving, or what he has in mind for a progression system.

My impression is that you will gradually acquire new abilities as you level up - these abilities will give you capabilities beyond the starters but your main stats like health/armour etc. wont generally change since theres no normal pve type levelling.

Abriael

Fledgling Freddie
Mh, hate to be that guy, and I definitely don't want to improvise myself moderator (i'm really bad at that), but wouldn't it be more functional if we started splitting conversations into topics?

I know we're pretty much used to all talk in one big quickly-scrolling thread, but it'd be easier to keep up :D

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Then I'll let the man explain it himself when this comes up gain on the backer's forums. :)

Mark asked the backers in that video "Do you get it? I don't think they get it" :p
Well honestly I don't understand all of it, I think no one else but Mark does... Does this mean that we can continue to build on our character by doing RvR, without getting maxed within a month or even years? If not, he will need a ranking system in the end.

But yeah, lets save it for later.

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
Mh, hate to be that guy, and I definitely don't want to improvise myself moderator (i'm really bad at that), but wouldn't it be more functional if we started splitting conversations into topics?

I know we're pretty much used to all talk in one big quickly-scrolling thread, but it'd be easier to keep up :D

I am okay with that if the Mods are :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Folks, you can create threads as much as you want so go for it. Moderators are not here to do that for you :)

Gylnne-Curtis

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly, no... There was fine print that I saw just as I clicked "submit" that said... "This is the name that will be shown when you post, it cannot be changed after you create your account." Or some such... It's alright, I kept my name on the comments, too... I've got nothing to hi...
Np Seth, you have a nice name.

Jairon Kalach

Regular Freddie

I don't know that I'd survive that amount of change in a single day. ;-) But more seriously, the serious conversation I think is petered out, for now... Everything left to discuss.... needs more concrete data from Mark... Then the hate conversations can begin.

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
I don't know that I'd survive that amount of change in a single day. ;-) But more seriously, the serious conversation I think is petered out, for now... Everything left to discuss.... needs more concrete data from Mark... Then the hate conversations can begin.
o.o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom