Camelot Unchained in the building stage!!! :)

Syndar

Fledgling Freddie
I am still pondering the rez thing, I am going to try and formulate something but kind of tough since this is a totally new direction for a game so should be interesting as will 99.9% of discussions for the next year or so.

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
MJ just blew my mind. LOL There are such good ideas being thrown out tonight.

Syndar

Fledgling Freddie
I just hope that people realize that these are ideas and all ideas may or may not work with the game mechanics and they are just that peoples thoughts not personal attacks.

Kyrana

Regular Freddie
I just hope that people realize that these are ideas and all ideas may or may not work with the game mechanics and they are just that peoples thoughts not personal attacks.

Yeah hopefully everyone can be grown up about it. :)

TimeTierless

Fledgling Freddie
Yep. I plan to do a blog laying out how MMOs are alive, they change over time and right now were at the anything goes dreamer stage, but to not be upset when in Dev things change etc.

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Hello new commers FH was and still is a great community glad to see some of the kick starter folk here. Many moons ago these boards hosted the unofficial (but most popular) eu english server boards for daoc. To those who have known me previously from daoc i look forward to seeing you in CU at some point and mebe even crashing the odd server with 700 man raids :p

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
...10 pages in 1 day? that hasnt happend since herbals relicraid \o/

edit: wtf posted this and didnt even see the vid in other thread Oo... awkward moment :p

Jairon Kalach

Regular Freddie
Yeah hopefully everyone can be grown up about it. :)

People are going to have to loosen their grips on some of their most tightly held biases to make this work, I think:

1. This is going to be DaoC 2. (Instead: This game may, in the end, have little in common with DaoC mechanics, we need to be open so we can make it great.)
2. This is the game where I go to own noobs and show off my ePeen. (Instead: This is a game where we go to do battle for our realms against respected enemies. Slight shift in attitude.)

Those are two things I expect to spend a lot of time arguing about, over the next 2 years, since I've already seen evidence of both on the comments.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That I know, my kids are telling me that now on a daily basis, but so far i managed to get more kills in any RvR we are playing together now (they were 5 when DAoC started). On the other hand: I have always been a crafter and it never bored me.

So how old are you? 34, 35 ...? Thats a hell of a lot for action gaming! Really! Again: Ask my kids (or anybodys...) - btw I remember Phoenix Legion :cheers:

87! :(

Last edited by a moderator:

E_E

Loyal Freddie
Btw, while backed the kickstarter for CU, MJ mentioned that he would open up paypal for EUs, does that mean we all just bought NA account for CU? or will it be for both EU/NA in one ? Or just for those EUs not able to pay on Amazon?

Jairon Kalach

Regular Freddie
Server decisions haven't been made yet. He's just opening Paypal so that those folks in EU without a credit card can also back. There is no "account" system, yet, so you don't have to worry about NA vs EU account.

Harkrom

Fledgling Freddie
I'm italian and I successfully pledged with Amazon payment, like other EU backers. :)

MJ opened Paypal for 2 reasons:
- Reach stretch goals
- Let potential pledgers without a credit card or unable to use Amazon payment system donate with another method

That's all!

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Btw, while backed the kickstarter for CU, MJ mentioned that he would open up paypal for EUs, does that mean we all just bought NA account for CU? or will it be for both EU/NA in one ? Or just for those EUs not able to pay on Amazon?
I have my concerns as wells, A solution would be to have access to both NA and EU so where you buy your key won't really matter.
I am sure they will figure it out, it's still too soon though. :coffee:

Species

One of Freddy's beloved
I have my concerns as wells, A solution would be to have access to both NA and EU so where you buy your key won't really matter.
I am sure they will figure it out, it's still too soon though. :coffee:

Naaah you didn't buy anything region-dependant. No matter what you pledged it wil work for EU or America

Dori

Certified by Deebs not to be THE Dori
Dori I would just like to reiterate what CorNokZ said. I am the person in question for whom you may be mistaken. I would also like to add that I am not a troll, I have been a part of this community as long as anyone, but I have had a few rather cantankerous disagreements with members over the years =). If such an unfortunate case of mistaken identify befalls you then do not hesitate to direct the accountable parties to myself.

I agree with the comment about seeing old Prydwen players. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I recognised a few names both on the livestream and comments section on Kickstarter. I await the opportunity to reacquaint myself with the community with fervent anticipation.

Guys - I appreciate the heads up...unfortunately that is my real name (Dori) and now you have me totally afraid to be here !!!!! Will try to keep a low profile :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom