Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Blame the French. Works for me.....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What's the solution?
Blame the French. Works for me.....
Lots of things that aren't actually solutions but are nice murdoch-press headlines work for you.

The actual long-term solution is to come down hard on inequality as it's the main cause of this. And to do that we need to ramp straight on into one-world-government. Fast.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We could stop destabalising perfectly functional regions for a start.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Close the tunnel until the French sort their shit out and stop just letting them through.

Problem is further back than that, in Italy, Greece and other parts of Schengen. But also further forward in the UK. If there weren't easy ways to work in the black economy in the UK, it would be far less of a preferred destination. The French are being their usual shrug the shoulders arseholes about it, but they're genuinely in the middle of the problem without really being the cause.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Problem is further back than that, in Italy, Greece and other parts of Schengen. But also further forward in the UK. If there weren't easy ways to work in the black economy in the UK, it would be far less of a preferred destination. The French are being their usual shrug the shoulders arseholes about it, but they're genuinely in the middle of the problem without really being the cause.
Its mostly the enticement of easy money in the uk. Otherwise they would get jobs in france, germany, or anyother mainland europe country that is a lot easier to get into that the uk is.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Lots of things that aren't actually solutions but are nice murdoch-press headlines work for you.

The actual long-term solution is to come down hard on inequality as it's the main cause of this. And to do that we need to ramp straight on into one-world-government. Fast.

Aye good luck with that. Considering the move currently is more towards regional assembly and government, and all the separatist movements across Europe, we are getting further and further away from your Star Trek ideal.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

It's a bit like 300 though isn't it - There isn't much we can do about them coming across the sea, but then the Tunnel is where we hold them.

Fuck you Persia.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Aye good luck with that. Considering the move currently is more towards regional assembly and government, and all the separatist movements across Europe, we are getting further and further away from your Star Trek ideal.
Yep. There really are a fucking load of small-minded bigoted idiots all over the world.

But then I don't rate the human race much better than chimps, so I shouldn't be surprised.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
France happens to be the country on the other end of the tunnel, it's not their fault and it's not their responsibility to fix it. It's like Hungary putting up a big fuck-off fence along their border with Serbia, the latter is being punished for being on the migrants' route and it's not their fault in the slightest.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
France happens to be the country on the other end of the tunnel, it's not their fault and it's not their responsibility to fix it. It's like Hungary putting up a big fuck-off fence along their border with Serbia, the latter is being punished for being on the migrants' route and it's not their fault in the slightest.
They should stop them coming into france and so on back to country of origin. Those getting picked up in the med should be dumped back in africa not taken to italy.

DaGaffer

Well, Serbia isn't in the EU, so "not our problem". Hungary is, so it's fulfilling its EU obligations to protect its borders (and it's probably German money that built the fence). As for the other borders, Italy are incompetent, Spain and Greece are skint, so it's up to the wealthier EU countries to pull their weight, instead of pulling funding for patrol ships like the UK did. Of course that probably has a lot do with the fact that a lot of influential people in the UK are rather happy to have cheap undocumented labour on tap.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
How? build a big wall around France?
France have been stopping people coming from italy. Its what immigration is all about. If theres no right to be in your country then send them back where they came from instead of letting them camp in calais and try to get into the uk. Not like they are legal in france either.

DaGaffer

How? build a big wall around France?

There's this thing called the EU, and there's this other thing called the Shengen Agreement, which isn't just about free movement inside borders but also protecting the whole shared border. France should be spending big on closing the southern and eastern borders more effectively along with all the other Schengen countries, because that's what they signed up for. In the UK's defence, they didn't. And the French don't give a shit because these people don't want to stay in France. If everyone was swimming the Med hoping to spend some quality time in Gay Paree, the French would have a very different attitude.

Gwadien

They should stop them coming into france and so on back to country of origin. Those getting picked up in the med should be dumped back in africa not taken to italy.
Then they try again - it's not solving anything.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Then they try again - it's not solving anything.
Yup keep sending them back. Only way to stop people trying is to have exactly the same opportunities, wages, life style in every country on earth.

Gwadien

2000px-Hammer_and_sickle_red_on_transparent.svg.png

In defence of applied communism in Russia, they did say that we need to achieve global communism, because this kinda shit was gonna happen.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
2000px-Hammer_and_sickle_red_on_transparent.svg.png

In defence of applied communism in Russia, they did say that we need to achieve global communism, because this kinda shit was gonna happen.
Doesnt have to be communism. But would have to have the same living standards and all in each country. Same classes etc. so theres no advantage in moving from one to another except climate.

But then you run into the needing four earths to be able to support everyone living the same life stlyes as those not poor in the usa

Tom

I am a FH squatter
They come because they think there's a better life here. The answer is to invest in their home countries so that they at least have a decent standard of living. And the best way to do that is with trade. Dealing with corrupt governments might also help.

DaGaffer

Doesnt have to be communism. But would have to have the same living standards and all in each country. Same classes etc. so theres no advantage in moving from one to another except climate.

But then you run into the needing four earths to be able to support everyone living the same life stlyes as those not poor in the usa

Which is of course, impossible. Even quite small relative differences encourage migration (eg Bolivians to Brazil or Zimbabweans to SA) because it's much about reliable money as better money, and now we live in the Internet age, it's easy to network and find the lay of the land before you ever leave. It's not a journey into the unknown the way it was even 30-40 years ago

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Which is of course, impossible. Even quite small relative differences encourage migration (eg Bolivians to Brazil or Zimbabweans to SA) because it's much about reliable money as better money, and now we live in the Internet age, it's easy to network and find the lay of the land before you ever leave. It's not a journey into the unknown the way it was even 30-40 years ago
Never claimed it to be possible. But gwad was asking for a solution and thats the only one. Unless you have completely free borders globally and a global government rather than all the small nations. Which again is impossible.

So the only thing is to keep sending them back where they come from. But doing it from their landing on european shores rather than waiting for them to get to uk or france or etc etc

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Amazing isn't it, Britain is so shit we keep getting told, yet so many people want to come here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom