Caer Sidi take..... 9 is it?

P

Pin

Originally posted by **Aligro**
er.... i am the puller

And this is actually one of the main reasons that the Saturday raids drag on so much.

If you are organising/leading, you should be running all over pulling the mobs as this gives you absolutely no control. You can't be off pulling at the same time as commanding the zerg. You can't be running around at the same time as telling people to hold back where you are or hand the drops to you.

If you want to lead a raid, you should designate someone else (or 3 people) to pull mobs in quick succession and leave you free to spam chat with stupid, confusing orders.

F

Flimgoblin

"STAY BACK" doesn't mean much if noone has any idea where you are :) and the zerg is moving forward via lag-motion

(where someone lags forward, someone else moves forward thinking yer moving, their lag shadows move forward causing other people to move forward... interesting effect really ;))

L

loxleyhood

Can everyone please calm down a bit, take a look and think about things.

Me and Aligro truly make an effot to make the raid fair, quick and enjoyable. Every raid we make a change here a few new rules there and every raid we get more people, more drops and closer to having a dead pile of Apoc on the floor.

Fairness and equality amoungst people is the thing that is always paramount to me, having spent ten months in a great but tiny guild for most of DAoC and having been and the pointy end of the lotto stick more often than not. We both truly try to make it enjoyable for everyone.

We are of course always open to suggestions, but please, phrase them politely and not so angrily.

F

Falcore

point is aligro, u ahve one of the BEST tank shield drops in the game, with its own special graphic, that is reward enough for the work u have done imo.....u still get the same random chance as everyone else with the pally/tank drops, so asking for ANOTHER uber drop is imo, going to far.

I repeat again if lox wants soul anchor as his one drop theres no prob i can see, i would be a hypocrite if i said no....

V

villageidiot

let them have those drops and stop moaning, they have both put in alot of work im sure.

now when they got their drops, and IF they claim another, then flame em til ya cant flame no more :)

PS
sure the flaming wont be necessary

L

loxleyhood

I won't overstep my bounds. Theres a lot of Sidi stuff I would like, but to claim more than one wouldn't be fair, and I would never do it.

F

-frostor-

pity drop rate isnt increased
would be cool to see 2-3 drops/lord

L

loxleyhood

Drop rate is increased, last raid Host dropped 5 items at once, too many for us to pick up in time im afraid. :(

Normal mobs also now drop.

O

old.Ramas

What Pin and Flimgoblin said.

Also, when you do want everyone to move on you need to specifically say so every time - even if the zerg is creeping forward anyway.

Not doing so means the zerg starts to realise it has to guess when to move forward, and starts doing so whenever you stop saying KEEP BACK for more than 0.25 picoseconds. And there is nothing more irritating than holding your own group behind when the command to move doesn't come, but it turns out it was time to move after all.

That said, I haven't been on a sidi raid for a few weeks - so maybe you are all doing this now ;) .

A

Aussie-

what is the job of loxleyhood btw? accepting the drops and start a public cg?
can i be co-organiser too plz?

S

skile

Originally posted by -frostor-
like gunz said
ur raid = ur rules
if u dont agree , don't come(and stop whining)

Heh, "don't come" I can understand. However, if you think people should not critisise (ignorant people call it whining) you should learn more in life imo. CRITISISING IS ALMOST ALWAYS A GOOD THING!. Well, there you have it.

S

skile

Originally posted by Aule Valar
i fear i must critisise your overuse of caps

Whom said that comment was meant as critisism? :) It was a insult.

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by skile
Heh, "don't come" I can understand. However, if you think people should not critisise (ignorant people call it whining) you should learn more in life imo. CRITISISING IS ALMOST ALWAYS A GOOD THING!. Well, there you have it.

Aye, but you never come out unless there IS something to criticize. And when someone voices nothing but critique(And alot of it is just semantics aswell) you WILL get some backfiring. Wether you find it 'politically correct' or not.

S

skile

Originally posted by Tranquil-
Aye, but you never come out unless there IS something to criticize. And when someone voices nothing but critique(And alot of it is just semantics aswell) you WILL get some backfiring. Wether you find it 'politically correct' or not.

Im well aware of that, but I won't let other peoples faultys make me less of a good person. A less critisising that is ;).

P

Pin

It means that not all Swedes have such a perfect grasp of the English language

T

Tranquil-

Im well aware of that, but I won't let other peoples faultys make me less of a good person. A less critisising that is ;).

To constantly pick on peoples errors is not being a good friend. <soap opera music fades into the background>

To only criticize is not charity, any psychologist knows that.

S

skile

Originally posted by Tranquil-
To constantly pick on peoples errors is not being a good friend. <soap opera music fades into the background>

To only criticize is not charity, any psychologist knows that.

Depends on how well developed the persons are in a friendship relation. My utopia lies in critisism and honesty, also requires people to be ABLE to handle critisism, which might be hard. I'm pretty good at it.

I know people aren't that developed, and a psychologist isn't a political frontman, rather a person that tries to make the best of a less good person (for example).

L

loxleyhood

Criticism is too often phrased as an insult.

T

Tranquil-

Depends on how well developed the persons are in a friendship relation. My utopia lies in critisism and honesty, also requires people to be ABLE to handle critisism, which might be hard. I'm pretty good at it.

I know people aren't that developed, and a psychologist isn't a political frontman, rather a person that tries to make the best of a less good person (for example).

How developed in a friendship relation? You don't know most of the people you argue with, what's the point then? And if it's utopia, why bother? You might be good in handling criticism, but wouldn't the best be to avoid being criticized?

P

- Pathfinder -

Friendly advice: be mindful of how you kill Host - we just got 7 BPs and a Drum from "them" ;)

T

thorwyntf

...and can only bid for items which are suited to the character that you brought to the raid i.e no casters going for tanks items etc..

Guys, I know it´s your raid and your system and I respect that of course. However, I really think that this rule is just wrong. IMO, everybody should be able to get items for one CLASS, regardless of the class he´s playing on the raid. So if my group needs a healer and I decide to reactivate my old Cleric one more time to support my group, I`ll end up in a lottery for Cleric stuff which is useless to me with your system which basically makes the raid a waste of time for me.
So, my suggestion here is, that it should be possible for everyone to switch the class he´s playing for in the lotteries, as long as he´s announcing that *in advance*.
Doesn´t that make sense and wouldn´t that help to balance the groups?

L

loxleyhood

I know it probably would be better for people to be able to bid for other classes so they may bring their more useful group classes, but it would just take way too much micro management and would just make the lotto a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom