Caer Sidi take..... 9 is it?

A

**Aligro**

Saturday 1p.m G.M.T at Ft.Gwyntell

Firstly.. The raid on Saturday i though was a great sucsess, and i would just like to offer my thanks to loxleyhood and Fixx for contacting everyone and getting everyone to the raid. Started out with about 140 people, most EVER!! and then some.. I would like to see this number and maybe even more on the near future raids.. Sadly we all died on Apocalypse but we gave him a very good run for his money and managed to get him down to 20%..and Fumus (cleric only mob) seemed a bit, how shall I say, weak

now this is where my theories come in... at 20% 4 guards spawned and we could not get apoc any lower. i'm guessing the guards have something to do with it in that they all have 5% of apocs health or something.. We will have to see! Also the horsemen when i go up to them randomly pick someone from the zerg to talk to them.. i think that he chooses the most heroic of the zerg :) i've never been picked though :(

During the raid i ask that you do not keep pm'ing me unless it is very important.. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!! And it messes up my communication
Also please keep chit-chat in main to a minimum... it could make people miss valuable information concerning the raid..

Hopefully if there are enough people we can get through the place much faster and maybe even kill apocalypse!!

I hope that Loxleyhood will stand with me once again and help out with the organising etc as it is a very hard job to be done by just 1 person.

Lottery Rules!!

This is how it works… when we get a drop, I will make a macro which gives the stats for that item and then will just read them out like that…When we do the lotto it will be done individually, you may only bid if you are 45+ and can only bid for items which are suited to the character that you brought to the raid i.e no casters going for tanks items etc.. this will be left to my discretion. If someone had to leave the raid for whatever reason then, he may request someone to lotto for them but only if the drop had dropped before he left the raid, If you want someone to bid for you then YOU must contact either me or the other leader and let them know otherwise you the person cannot bid for you, the person who bids for you may only bid for one person.. You may only win ONE drop on the lotto. The most important items will be lotto’ed first and the lesser items (tinctures/dyes etc) will be lotto last.. These rules stick. NO exceptions will be made!

I’m sure there will be something I have forgotten and I will post if I remember any of it.. any questions please direct them to me here..

Thankyou.

Loxleyhood claims the Soul Anchor
I claim the Wrathbound War Sword

note that these may not drop together or even at all.

Auction for Sidi Items, wood goes to keep/relic doors

T

Tyka

Was a great raid but how about you actually pull the mobs in a group so they come in 3-4, when you have a force that is that big there really is not a big chance of dieing to the random mobs.

The more time it takes the more people go afk, in the end of raid there was alot of people afk.

Pulling the way you did (ungrouped) surely is safe but so damn boring and takes so much time, i think you could have done it much more faster, sure when you need to clear out bosses you might want to clear out singles first but not every god damn mob in the whole dungeon.

The raid was perfect, only flaw i saw is that and it is not meant as a flame, just a suggestion to improve your future raids as i can see you enjoy doing them.

O

old.LandShark

Enough of this 1pm Saturday bollocks already!
Gah! :p

L

loxleyhood

Just to elaborate of the system of getting someone to lotto for you-

As we have done the past two raids if you need to leave you may get someone else to lotto for you, for the drops that dropped while you were at the raid. Now some people decided they couldn't be bothered to come to Gwyntell and asked if someone could lotto for them - simple answer? No. If you can get to lotto yourself you come.

This time I will also be much more careful, I will write a list of drops and people leaving. I.E

Bow of Avernal Fumbling dropped
Can of delightful beans dropped
Bob left and asked Jake to lotto for him
Sword of Back-scratching dropped
Tom left and asked Fred to lotto for him.

This way I will know who will lotto for what.

This time I will operate a three strikes and your out policy. A few honest mistakes can be made in the raid, but this is for the few people who act like fools. Disobey an instruction once I pm you and give you a warning. Twice I pm you and give you a final warning. Three times and you are banned from lotto.

This will not be a problem for those who honestly just make a mistake, but hopefully it will impose some order on the raid.

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by Tyka
Was a great raid but how about you actually pull the mobs in a group so they come in 3-4, when you have a force that is that big there really is not a big chance of dieing to the random mobs.

The more time it takes the more people go afk, in the end of raid there was alot of people afk.

Pulling the way you did (ungrouped) surely is safe but so damn boring and takes so much time, i think you could have done it much more faster, sure when you need to clear out bosses you might want to clear out singles first but not every god damn mob in the whole dungeon.

The raid was perfect, only flaw i saw is that and it is not meant as a flame, just a suggestion to improve your future raids as i can see you enjoy doing them.

Speed is the worst thing about Sidi....... you have to pull one by one otherwise you do get wiped. Aligro can however chain pull quickly as long as people stay put. Zerg creeps forward :p

P

Pin

Was a great raid but how about you actually pull the mobs in a group so they come in 3-4, <snip>

If you don't use an un-grouped puller, they come as 15 level 75 mobs together, not 3-4.

But what should be done is have 3 ungrouped pullers, pulling singles alternately so there's always something for the zerg to beat on.

G

gunner440

remi was beating me during the raid as there was no mobs

so i didnt heal him :D

L

loxleyhood

Linkage

Items - http://www.cginc.net/caer_sidi.htm

Guide - http://www.oc.edu/pages/nick.stageberg/sidi/guide/

I request that everyone who wants to come to the raid takes 10minutes to read that guide. Will help me and Aligro from being pm spammed during the raid.

As with the last raid I claim the Soul Anchor (Scout/Mincer Slasher) should it drop. Im only doing this in 1.60 because the drop rate has been beefed up. Fairly, Slash scouts and Minstrels may be a bit concerned about this, but please, don't worry you can still win......

Parts of Sidi Minstrel/Scout suit
Fire Thorn Vest (Studded)
Disonant Falchion (Mincer slasher)
Legend Slayer's Longbow
Shadow Whisper's Longbow
Small War-forged Shield
Cobalt Small Kite Shield (Scout/Mincer Shield)
Two Lutes, a drum and a flute.
And tonnes and tonnes of rings, cloaks, belts etc etc.

So it is far from pointless for a slash Scout/Mincer to come on this raid. :)

L

loxleyhood

Ah, also some people are suggesting that people should be allowed to lotto for other chars rather than the one they bring so they can bring another, more helpful class. Im not doing this because in Sidi, every class is as useful as the other, and variation of people on raid actually speeds up the raid. (Silencer, particularly is easier with lots of different classes and specs).

Also I don't want to have many theurgists and clerics at the cost of other classes as epic mobs get weaker the more people are attacking them, so a healthy amount of tanks is essential.

P

Pin

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Also I don't want to have many theurgists and clerics at the cost of other classes as epic mobs get weaker the more people are attacking them, so a healthy amount of tanks is essential.

Errrr..... Theurgist = 25 tanks meleeing him.

If you want to know what effect this has... I took my Reaver to the raid a week ago and was happily hitting a boss for 5-10 damage every ~3 swings.

Theurgist petspams his powerbar on on the boss, damage immediately increased to 300 a swing (with almost 100% hit rate).

This was using Leviathan both times. Without the numbers on him, the proc was resisted most times, did crap damage when it wasn't and the weapon hit for crap. With petspam the proc was never resisted and hit for the same damage as I do on a yellow mob.

But well, with 150 people on a raid it really doesn't matter, high proportion of Clerics and Theurgists is how you have a successful raid with 50 people.

T

Tyka

Originally posted by Pin
If you don't use an un-grouped puller, they come as 15 level 75 mobs together, not 3-4.

Not nescessarily, at the bosses they might come as more than 3-4, but when you pull regular mobs, they will never come more than 4. The reason is simple, boss mobs are linked to more mobs, the dungeon trash is not. Believe it or not, i have raided the epic dungeon in hibernia with my guild (3-4 fgs) and done all bosses except two, one is final encounter and one is a just too hard to do with less than 50 ppl.

P

Pin

Not nescessarily, at the bosses they might come as more than 3-4, but when you pull regular mobs, they will never come more than 4. The reason is simple, boss mobs are linked to more mobs, the dungeon trash is not. Believe it or not, i have raided the epic dungeon in hibernia with my guild (3-4 fgs) and done all bosses except two, one is final encounter and one is a just too hard to do with less than 50 ppl.

Okay. I should have said they _can_ come in large numbers, rather than they _do_ - the general mobs aren't always limited to 4.

But anyway, 3 people chain-pulling singles is much safer and faster than pulling 3-4 at a time.

P

Puppetmistress

A theurg can tank too, he won't get aggro anyhow if their is a main-tank used.

I always do this when I am on a Legion-raid or whatever:

EB+haste everyone (casters too!) in your group
Run PBT
Spam as much pets as possible (around 12) hit MCL (takes some time now but still possible in combat) drop in another 5-6 pets.

Keep just enough mana to let PBT run and start staffing the mofo.

Sure tanks are essential but a theurgist > 5 tanks when the numbers are there.

V

villageidiot

:bazbeer::bazbeer::bazbeer:

keep up the good work

O

old.LandShark

Tbh, all this preclaiming needs to be nerfed, why not give yourself two rolls on the item of your choice instead of pre-claiming it? I mean, most of the armour is crap, the shield and instruments are useless for minstrels (+shield on shield and who wants to have uncapped resists except when lute is out? :p) etc etc

edit: ooo, my first loot whine.... so proud :D

O

old.Outlaw

It's because of the relog single pullign technique that I and lots of others have stop coming to the Sidi Raid. If it is tru that u cannot pull mobs normally in Sidi and have to resort to cheats like disbanding and relogging if u get healed etc, then I see that as a game bug that needs to be fixed.However the fact is.....

I did a Sidi raid when SI came out, and we got quite far without the relog pullign...15 mobs did not pull at once, mebe 5 or so, naturally it was harder than 8fg bashing 1 mob etc, but much quicker and I hasten to add much more fun!

Also...the only reason we do the ghey relog pull is because sopmebody read the american boards...and this was the conclusion they came to...I shall remind u all again....

EXCAL > AMERICA :p

CIAO

PS Aligro can u leave a Saturday free so we can try a *cough*proper*cough* raid <50% time ;) otherwise GJ :p

L

loxleyhood

Problem is there are so many different drops in Caer Sidi I could do one hundred raids and not get it :(

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by old.Outlaw
It's because of the relog single pullign technique that I and lots of others have stop coming to the Sidi Raid. If it is tru that u cannot pull mobs normally in Sidi and have to resort to cheats like disbanding and relogging if u get healed etc, then I see that as a game bug that needs to be fixed.However the fact is.....

I did a Sidi raid when SI came out, and we got quite far without the relog pullign...15 mobs did not pull at once, mebe 5 or so, naturally it was harder than 8fg bashing 1 mob etc, but much quicker and I hasten to add much more fun!

Also...the only reason we do the ghey relog pull is because sopmebody read the american boards...and this was the conclusion they came to...I shall remind u all again....

EXCAL > AMERICA :p

CIAO

PS Aligro can u leave a Saturday free so we can try a *cough*proper*cough* raid <50% time ;) otherwise GJ :p

We haven't actualy done a single relog pull for at least three raids......... a few LD pulls but thats a different matter. :p

A

**Aligro**

oh yeah forgot.. like loxley.. i claim the wrathbound.. please don't whine i worked hard for it :( i have to pay rl money to pay you know. £1.50 p/h :( it's either that or have a lag fest at home... do the math... 1.50Xon average 9hours beginning to end = £13.50

£13.50X 8 raids = OMFG £108...... Damnit

L

loxleyhood

Counted them up, minus the Anchor there are------

28 drops for slash scouts
35 drops for slash mincers

Not including Apoc neckies, tinctures or dyes. :D

S

syri

give me that soul anchor or i'll stalk you for the rest of your life loxley... ;)

O

old.LandShark

Counted them up, minus the Anchor there are------

28 drops for slash scouts
35 drops for slash mincers

Not including Apoc neckies, tinctures or dyes. :D

Hrmmm, hope that isn't counting any instruments or shields, because only a fool relies on instruments for resists/hits/+stealth, and no small shield drops without +shield wasting shitloads of utility :p

S

stinkie

PRE-CLAIMING DROPS IS LAME AS HELL

Either do the raid and lotto for the items like the rest or move over and let another guy lead the raid who will.

Hell if no one else will I'll run the next raid if only to stop the damn pre-claiming.

P

Pin

Originally posted by stinkie
PRE-CLAIMING DROPS IS LAME AS HELL

Either do the raid and lotto for the items like the rest or move over and let another guy lead the raid who will.

Hell if no one else will I'll run the next raid if only to stop the damn pre-claiming.

I second this motion.

And I would also offer my assistance in organising/leading such a raid.

O

Ocond

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Enough of this 1pm Saturday bollocks already!
Gah! :p

aye, make it sunday, I wanna go, maybe get some weapon enamel ;)

O

old.shotgunstow

Can I just say:

THANK YOU FOR NOT PRE-CLAIMING ANY DROPS!

I was beginning to think that was becoming a trend, and I didn't like it.

L

loxleyhood

The leaders claiming a drop is actualy a pretty traditional pratice on most servers and realms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom