Cabalist or Necro?

L

-Lonewolf-

I would have thought a cabalist with Focus shield and a cleric buffbot would be more effective at lvlling solo?

Than a Necromancer with a cleric buffbot?

Why?

Someone enlighten me to how it would be best to pwr lvl meself up

Oh and I have a 44 minstrel for ps so no worries there

3 accounts basically Cleric, Necro or Caba and a minstrel

F

Flimgoblin

cabalist has to worry about power a bit more - necro just obliterates oranges getting cap xp every pull.

C

Coim-

Necro has no downtime pulling oranges/reds. I assume cabalists would even with ps.

L

-Lonewolf-

How do you spec the necro then?

Oh and what do you mean no downtime? I know it has pwr transfer but thats where my knowledge kinda ends?

Explain I am currently attempting to lvl real quick on Lancelot in USA and looking for best formation to use

C

Coim-

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
How do you spec the necro then?

Oh and what do you mean no downtime? I know it has pwr transfer but thats where my knowledge kinda ends?

Explain I am currently attempting to lvl real quick on Lancelot in USA and looking for best formation to use
Full Deathsight imo. Basically, you power tap, it does damage to the mob, and gives you power. So you don't lose power at all (most of the time).

L

-Lonewolf-

Full deathsight

Hmmmmmm this is sounding more and more interesting :)

C

Coim-

And ofcourse you have your lifetaps (useable in combat) incase you need some help or get a few resists.

O

old.windforce

ful deatsight with buffbot: level 50 in 4 days played

L

lacroix

Hm, the "no downtime" for a necro depends really, I know I have to deal often with pretty annyoingly high-resist rates, even at spirit-weak mobs :(

So, picking the "right" mobs is crucial, but also to be lucky and not having shitty resist waves :(

C

Coim-

Yeah the resists are a bitch, but if you've got a bot, just duel it, powertap back to a full power bar. Problem solved.

L

-Lonewolf-

Hmm I must be doing something wrong then cause I can kill about 4 oranges with my cabalists focus shield at one time

And only one red or two oranges with the necromancer a time?

C

Coim-

But with the necro you can pull those oranges a lot faster than the cabalist.

L

lacroix

Originally posted by Coim-
Yeah the resists are a bitch, but if you've got a bot, just duel it, powertap back to a full power bar. Problem solved.

Guess so ;) forgot aobut the bot question (as I not using one, I was strictly talking from the necro soloing perspective ;) ).

Also, reds don't pay off for a solo necro, I think - but then again, buffbotted it might be different again, ... :D

L

-Lonewolf-

Originally posted by Coim-
But with the necro you can pull those oranges a lot faster than the cabalist.

Good point, I will give it a blast tonight

C

Coim-

Good point, I will give it a blast tonight
Just for the record...it's a very boring class. If you're looking for something that's fun to play, this isn't it. It's only good for leveling, and pl'ing. Sucks in RvR atm due to the numerous bugs. Some of these getting fixed in a few patches.

L

-Lonewolf-

yeah thats what I heard Coim think I will use my 50 theurgist with a sorc and just lvl that way

C

Coim-

yeah thats what I heard Coim think I will use my 50 theurgist with a sorc and just lvl that way
Probably the best thing to do. Slightly more interesting than the necro anyway. :)

N

-Nxs-

I got my necro to L50 and LGM in about 8 days played time

Stick to yellows/low orange at lower levels, its around L30 ish that you seam to be much better and quicker for oranges full stop.

It you keep at range you can normaly get 3 power taps off before the mob enters melee range, that pretty much gets you back to full power, then use the life shouts to finish him off - rinse and repeat. NO DOWNTIME at all, unlike a cabby who would have to rest for mana.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by -Nxs-
I got my necro to L50 and LGM in about 8 days played time

Stick to yellows/low orange at lower levels, its around L30 ish that you seam to be much better and quicker for oranges full stop.

It you keep at range you can normaly get 3 power taps off before the mob enters melee range, that pretty much gets you back to full power, then use the life shouts to finish him off - rinse and repeat. NO DOWNTIME at all, unlike a cabby who would have to rest for mana.
Pretty much sums it up. :)

N

-Nxs-

Yes make sure you always have a focus staff over your level - otherwise you may end up burning mana too much - just get a crappy staff with 1 imbue point - then talk to the highest SC'er on alb, which happens to be me :)

C

cHodAX

Yep Necro by a mile, sure a matter Cabal will be insanely fast once he gets to a level that he can do tanglers solo but a necro will usually be 50 by the time the cabby hits lvl45. In the end though it is a matter of preference, I chose Necro because I don't have to concentrate as hard as a Cabal when exping and pow tap means no downtime. Quick tip, when you hit 40 head to emain and leech a few kills to get Aug Acuity/Wild Power/MCL. They will help you do 40-50 much faster.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Cabbies are only hated and loathed from about level 46 + whereas everyone hates the fucking necros, whatever level they are.

...fucking necros.

L

lacroix

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Cabbies are only hated and loathed from about level 46 + whereas everyone hates the fucking necros, whatever level they are.

...fucking necros.
yep, apart from those people begging for pl ;)
Or, come to think of it, they are especially hated by those who got turned down for pl ... :p

Actually, just kidding, I totally agree, too many necroes around anyway ;) whenever I am trying to xp mine, there are always 5 other necros around claiming my hunting grounds ... ^^:p

O

old.Ramas

Necro pets don't steal xp.

Necros have power tap.

Necros have pet lifetap.

Necros have more useful damage type bonuses for pve.

Focus shield killing requires an active healing cleric for oranges and above at high levels.

Necro soloing (or grouping) is > all in pve.

O

old.pala hellraiser

50 Deathsight, 4 Death Servant, rest painworking:clap:

Deathsight: Same reasons as above.
Painworking: PBAOE DOT to un-cover stealthers in RvR, not forgetting the +30 con/str buffs to pet.
Death Servant: Aint no points left to spend on anything else, so chuck em here for an extra dex buff.

Users who are viewing this thread