Reaver or Necro?

T

Tired_Goat_BW

Want to start a Alb on excal, preferably a fast'ish fun lvl'ing RvR'ing class

I thought about it, in the end i thought of a Reaver or a Necro

What would u say?

What are the good pnts and bad pnts about both classes?

Thx in advance :m00:

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Necros arent really a good rvr class ^^

Sure they can solo faster than anything in the game but in rvr arent really that great (except for 1on1s against melee classes)

K

klavrynd

necro = exp with your eyes closed. oranges without downtime anyone. But you can't put em in walls anymore so you're better off with a reaver and leviathan4tehwin

O

old.LandShark

There's quite literally no class in albion worse than a necro in RvR. If you must choose one of the SI classes, take the reaver.
/me points suggestively at 50flex 42shield template

T

Tired_Goat_BW

hmm...
Thx but all classes have good and bad pnts in RvR right?
Stealthers well..not much bad pnts atm until 1.62 muhaha i wub GOA somtimes...

Reaver, what special spells do they have?

Insta lifedrain
PBAE Insta
thats all i know

and omg, you guys what a fast reply!

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by klavrynd
But you can't put em in walls anymore so you're better off with a reaver and leviathan4tehwin

Hear the hundred cs kiddies sing: "Giv no clipping kkthxbye!"

T

Tired_Goat_BW

ty. pitty i aint got time to look at it as we finish first lesson in 5mins :(..

Might use the /level command on exc to make a reaver or infi, not point in making a necro as lvl 1-20 in a day maybe?

anybody got a full list of spells and what they do etc, able to see what armour/sheilds/weapons they can wear?

i know 1bit

Chain
Medium
Flexible/Swords/Hammers...

Anything else they can do aswell?

Maybe climb walls etc...jk..

A

acei

Reaver = great RvR, very powerful styles and chains, also has a lifetap, auras (to force stealthers to unstealth before they can PA, and also to interrupt casters at close range), and loads of other spells.

Necro = Superbly over-powered in PvE, but weak and always the first target for a enemy in RvR (the abomination stands out)

B

bigchief

Originally posted by acei
Necro = Superbly over-powered in PvE, but weak and always the first target for a enemy in RvR (the abomination stands out)

Quite often have a fg run past me, completly ignoring me casting away at their healer/nuker/mezer etc. Also the other specs apart from deathsight are apparently quite viable in rvr, though i for one enjoy my necro (when i can get a group :p)

A

acei

Originally posted by bigchief
Quite often have a fg run past me, completly ignoring me casting away at their healer/nuker/mezer etc. Also the other specs apart from deathsight are apparently quite viable in rvr, though i for one enjoy my necro (when i can get a group :p)
They are? I expected deathsight to be the most powerful in RvR as well as PvE.

1234Taz

Id prolly roll a nerco to 50 if I had the choice of the two because atleast you coule pl any char to 40 in 2/3 real life days.

Reavers are on same damage table has paladins lower hp, 30 lifetap timer sucky damage but their lvl 50 style and thats only because the proc out damages the style most of the time. So basicly both kinda gimpy in RvR but reaver is prolly more group friendly has a slam bot.

Instead roll a Savage wtfpwn everything till they get nerfed :p

A

acei

Originally posted by 1234Taz
Reavers are on same damage table has paladins lower hp, 30 lifetap timer sucky damage but their lvl 50 style and thats only because the proc out damages the style most of the time. So basicly both kinda gimpy in RvR but reaver is prolly more group friendly has a slam bot.
My side style does ALOT of damage, i've noticed most reavers prefer to use the chain than the side style, which i find weird as the chain requires you to do all the chain before you even reach the amount of damage that the side style does.

I agree about the HP though, it is low :( but we don't really take that much damage, our defenses are high, our lifetap keeps us topped up.

B

bigchief

They are? I expected deathsight to be the most powerful in RvR as well as PvE.

I like it, however you take more of a support role in rvr with it (unlike in pve) which alot of people dont realise, get raped easy and stop playing. Transfers, absorb buffs and the nuke are all quite decent, though the other specs ppl seem to like. Servant gives a pretty strong pbae and the pain spec gives some nice dots for keep defence (depends how you want to play really).

Rushing at the front in rvr is a deathwish though as you really need to avoid the cc or you wont be taking part in the fight.

T

Tilda

tbh thats rubbish.
to my knowlege youve already humiliated yourself on two other threads about reavers.
Were not onthe same table as pallys.
Our hp's are fine afer a bit of SC.
We get evade which helps.
The lifetap does not "suck" its acctually very handy.
Does it acctually matter if the proc outdammages the style, if you do the style correctly the proc goes off every time so as i see it its not a big issue.
http://www.firstcohort.org/html/mod...le=displayimage&album=random&cat=10033&pos=-3
thats some screenies of lev, its hardly "paladin dammage" nor is it realy a big problem.
I dont find my RvR experience "gimpy" at all, far from it, RvR as my reaver is about 10x more fun that my necro or my cabby. Although keep defence as a cabby comes close. ;)
I dont act as a slam bot either, yes i slam people befor i lev them or else they run away :D

I suggest you polish up your facts + evidence befor you post again criticising reavers.

Tilda

/edit also there are a lot of other chains that to plenty good enough damage: indigosnake, side positional, hits for 150 ish and procs (every time again same as lev) a 150% heal. Absorb debuff, DoT for interupting all help too.

A

acei

Originally posted by bigchief
I like it, however you take more of a support role in rvr with it (unlike in pve) which alot of people dont realise, get raped easy and stop playing. Transfers, absorb buffs and the nuke are all quite decent, though the other specs ppl seem to like. Servant gives a pretty strong pbae and the pain spec gives some nice dots for keep defence (depends how you want to play really).

Rushing at the front in rvr is a deathwish though as you really need to avoid the cc or you wont be taking part in the fight.
The only thing i wish alot of necro's i group with would learn is that if they power-transfer to me i can keep rezzing, over and over but they always power-transfer AFTER the fight, which is pointless as i have a 100% rezz and with no power transfer i can only get 2-3 people on their feel and ready to fight... necro's can play a vital role in RvR just that alot prefer to be offensive :(

1234Taz

Originally posted by Tilda
tbh thats rubbish.
to my knowlege youve already humiliated yourself on two other threads about reavers.
Were not onthe same table as pallys.
Our hp's are fine afer a bit of SC.
We get evade which helps.
The lifetap does not "suck" its acctually very handy.
Does it acctually matter if the proc outdammages the style, if you do the style correctly the proc goes off every time so as i see it its not a big issue.
http://www.firstcohort.org/html/mod...le=displayimage&album=random&cat=10033&pos=-3
thats some screenies of lev, its hardly "paladin dammage" nor is it realy a big problem.
I dont find my RvR experience "gimpy" at all, far from it, RvR as my reaver is about 10x more fun that my necro or my cabby. Although keep defence as a cabby comes close. ;)
I dont act as a slam bot either, yes i slam people befor i lev them or else they run away :D

I suggest you polish up your facts + evidence befor you post again criticising reavers.

Tilda

/edit also there are a lot of other chains that to plenty good enough damage: indigosnake, side positional, hits for 150 ish and procs (every time again same as lev) a 150% heal. Absorb debuff, DoT for interupting all help too.

erm have you looked at those screenshot damages the style is doing 90 to 2xx and you say your not on paladin damage? i beg todiffer.

If you look on the thread where I humiliated my self on I think you'll find everyone but one person agreed with me that reaver with 50 flex 42 shield was a defence tank/slam bot. Its also the same thread where you claimed that its better to run into the other groups healers and caster with your 10 damage chant running to "interupt" them all better than your casters could. :m00:

The only person making an idiot out of them selfs is you with your so called 6th highest reaver in the world in your sig :rolleyes: . Which is more ego++ than fact

T

Tilda

erm have you looked at those screenshot damages the style is doing 90 to 2xx and you say your not on paladin damage? i beg todiffer.

differ then, but were not on pally dammage tables.Also when you look at the style you need to add up both numbers so "200 + 200" because the proc is part of the style mmmk.

If you look on the thread where I humiliated my self on I think you'll find everyone but one person agreed with me that reaver with 50 flex 42 shield was a defence tank/slam bot. Its also the same thread where you claimed that its better to run into the other groups healers and caster with your 10 damage chant running to "interupt" them all better than your casters could. :m00:

well now ask yourself how many of those people have played a reaverin RvR, at 50, in a decent group. and then from those people find out if a reaver is an offensive or defensive tank.
with my play style its an offensive tank, wheather it has slam or not is out of the question. If you get a lvl 50 reaver and play with slam defensivly thats your choice.

The only person making an idiot out of them selfs is you with your so called 6th highest reaver in the world in your sig :rolleyes: . Which is more ego++ than fact

it is actually 99% fact, and I would be perfectly hapy to show you how I arrived that that conclusion.

Tilda

1234Taz

Reavers are hybrids? Paladins are Hybrids? I think they are ! there for same damage table , Reavers have lower weaponskill than a armsman? Yes they do! , Reavers like VW (SI hybrid class) have no good anytime style?! I think its true. Reavers have no frontload damage, reavers damage out put comes from Slam + lev(slam bot?) , Reavers can spec shield/parry and have evade = defence. Your offence comes from ?. Any Pure tank will out damage a reaver over time and caster will out damage a reaver over time.

Saying the lifetap is usfull is silly its on a 30 second timer which you can use once per RvR fight maybe twice if your using reavers has damage dealers :p .

Yes and please tell everyone how you came up with the fact that your <insert bs here> reaver in the world :sleeping:

One can you read korean? two can you read italian? Three how the hell did you get all the EU xml working? Four how do you know their isnt one high realm rank Reaver with his RP stats set to not show? :m00:

A

acei

Saying the lifetap is usfull is silly its on a 30 second timer which you can use once per RvR fight maybe twice if your using reavers has damage dealers :p
That one lifetap can prevent interrupt a mezz... could save your life by returning that critical bit of HP to you need. lifetap is excellent...

Also tilda's point about the PBAOE aura stopping casters/healers is good and it can do that same as the DoT shout.

You say because reavers and paladins are Hybrids that means we do the same damage? That's like saying a minstrel does the same damage as a paladin because he's a Hybrid. We all have our own individual weaknesses and strengths. Paladin strength = Chants & Plate armour.... Reaver strength = Ranged spells and PBAOE's, proc's, high amount of defense and offense styles.

B

bigchief

The only thing i wish alot of necro's i group with would learn is that if they power-transfer to me i can keep rezzing, over and over but they always power-transfer AFTER the fight, which is pointless as i have a 100% rezz and with no power transfer i can only get 2-3 people on their feel and ready to fight... necro's can play a vital role in RvR just that alot prefer to be offensive :(

It depends on the fight for me. Sometimes it gets very hands on (cant do a thing except fight if someone comes for me) so im either melee'ing or nuking away at a caster, other times the rest of the group is handling it quite well and i just need to do some transfers with the odd power drain to keep power up. Other times i'm just stood watching as my pet gets mez'd and theres not alot to do then :(

fix purge etc :(

O

old.linnet

You say because reavers and paladins are Hybrids that means we do the same damage? That's like saying a minstrel does the same damage as a paladin because he's a Hybrid.

Minstrels do have exactly the same damage cap as paladins. I tested this out with Asori. Am willing to bet that reavers do also.

M

mestoph

Reavers were always suppose to be the super defensive tank class. In PvE they really are sick, we can hold the agro in any situation with PBAE shouts and LT and LT proc, 2 in a group is awesome, one with dps debuff on and one with af debuff on and you plough through areas. Mobs dont even blink with insta heals. Yes they dont have plate, but do have evade which easy compansates for the reduced absorb. For RvR they have some extremely useful abilities as pointed about earlier. LT for interupt, DoT for interupt, PBAE shouts for destealth and somehow i very much doubt that any opposing tank would like there dps lowered.

1234Taz

it is actually 99% fact, and I would be perfectly hapy to show you how I arrived that that conclusion.

Tilda

Still waiting :m00:

T

Tilda

Still waiting :m00:

unlike some people i have better things to do sometimes than posting here.
Sometimes it takes me a while to reply.

well.
I know im top in excal because ive asked every lvl 50 reaver that I meet.
I asked on prydwen forums and according the them their reaver only just hit RR5. So me being RR5L8 puts me above him.
Then I go to this site:

http://daoc.gamescape.com/handler.c...l=5&maxLevel=50

which shows the top 100 reavers.
Then i see how many RP's I have atm, 957k
which puts me in at number 6.

Tilda

nb. Korean XML which is working, is included in the US XML charts as was the US XML before it stopped working, thus i have no need to read korean nor italian.

1234Taz

it is actually 99% fact,

Tilda

:clap:

Tildai lvl 50 Reaver <RR5>
6th highest Reaver Prdwen/Excalibur and US based Servers! :p

Tilda lvl 50 Cabalist <RR6L1> [Semi-Retired]
Tiilda lvl 50 Necromancer <RR3L4> [Retired]
Tildi lvl 50 Cleric <RR3L7>
--
<First Cohort>