BYgames dead?

L

leggy

Good stuff.

We might see some of the custom (i use that word loosely). I know this is unlikely due to the number of free servers still available but you can always hope.

I found BY full of arrogant little ****s anyway.

X

Xtro 2.0

The BY admins were on the whole a bunch of absolute cretins who treated the casual user (ie. people not chained to their PC's 24/7) like dirt.

The MOHAA admins...LOL what a load of fuckheads they were.

C

Cdr

Originally posted by leggy
I found BY full of arrogant little ****s anyway.

So true.

They took the whole 'professional GSP' a bit too far, made it inaccessible for the average user.

It felt like if you weren't part of their innercircle, you were screwed. Unfortunately I think it was a legacy left over from Wireplay.

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Cdr
It felt like if you weren't part of their innercircle, you were screwed. Unfortunately I think it was a legacy left over from Wireplay.

Bit like BW? eh?

:p

C

Cdr

Originally posted by SilverHood
Bit like BW? eh?

:p

hehe

Na, as 'unfriendly' as the forums are, new people find it a lot easier to fit in here than they ever would at BY. I think because Game.net was born from the open community of BW - unlike BY which came from the very closed community of WP - its a lot more accessible to the newer player.

S

Sir Frizz

Can't say I'm glad, it was a small friendly little place with decent fair officials / senior-officials, generally good servers - clean to say the least. Ah well.

Buhhuh?

H

Hot Soup

Heh I just love inter gsp relations.

Irrespective of how you guys feel .. it's not good news for the gsp community as a whole

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by Hot Soup
Heh I just love inter gsp relations.

Irrespective of how you guys feel .. it's not good news for the gsp community as a whole

Agreed. And I'd just like to point out that BY have kindly linked to us as the place ex-BYers should go to. So be nice :)

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by DaGaffer
Agreed. And I'd just like to point out that BY have kindly linked to us as the place ex-BYers should go to. So be nice :)
Must be missing on my BYgames.com frontpage, cos I don't see it.

M

MYstIC G

Ah, ta bif.

Maybe you should do a blitz instead of the free trial, 6 month sub for 99p or something (99p gotta be better than nada).

X

xane

I do remember playing Battlefield 1942 on the Coral Sea map on a BY server and I got kicked for parachuting on the enemy carrier.

C

Cdr

Originally posted by xane
I do remember playing Battlefield 1942 on the Coral Sea map on a BY server and I got kicked for parachuting on the enemy carrier.

Yeah, they have some silly rules regarding BF.

Get shot down over the nme base? You better get out sharpish, and not fire your weapon or touch anyone else - else BAN!

D

Durzel

Very altruistic of them to link to GAME, but then I don't suppose they have anything to lose.

T

throdgrain

They have a rule for RtCW where as a medic you cant ask for ammo when you spawn. If you do , they automatically take ammo from you .
So, the idea is this, if you need ammo in a regualr game, ask for it, a Lt gives it you and gets a point for his pains.
On BY you dont ask for it, bit hope a Lt notices you looking a bit falorn and under -armed, he then gives you ammo, and gets nothing for his pains.
Classic ;)

D

Durzel

Originally posted by throdgrain
They have a rule for RtCW where as a medic you cant ask for ammo when you spawn. If you do , they automatically take ammo from you .
So, the idea is this, if you need ammo in a regualr game, ask for it, a Lt gives it you and gets a point for his pains.
On BY you dont ask for it, bit hope a Lt notices you looking a bit falorn and under -armed, he then gives you ammo, and gets nothing for his pains.
Classic ;)
Is that supposed to make any sense to anyone who doesn't play RtCW?

Is your post even in the right thread?

T

throdgrain

Makes perfect sense Durzel.
Not my problem you cant understand it .

D

Durzel

Well given I don't play RtCW, it makes absolutely zero fucking sense. Sorry.

I'm sure in RtCW circles it must be some hilarious anecdote about BY's incompetency, but in the real World where not everyone plays the game it makes no sense at all. Understand?

T

throdgrain

In what way does that differ from the post regarding BF1942 , and parachuteing onto the enemy carrier ?
Sorry Durzel, I thought this was a discussion about a Gaming server company, that had wandered into thier unusual ways of dealing with things that on other servers people take for granted. Hence the post about BF1942 , hence my post.
Or are you still playing Quakeworld ?

R

Rubber Bullets

Durzel you seem to be picking a fight about nothing.

This is a thread, at least partly, about strange BY online gaming rules. Throddy mentioned one of them.

I don't play RtCW on line but I kinda got the gist. Don't really understand your problem.

RB

T

throdgrain

Maybe its the wrong time of the month RB :(

D

Deadmanwalking

You were stroppy last week throddy for gods sake.

Oh i see :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom