** BWMOHL - Pls Read!! Comments Wanted!

O

old.506-jayz

I think this is what you all have been waiting for:-

http://leagues.barrysworld.net/bwmohl/

Me and Pacs have been working hard getting everything ready but there is still allot left to do and we need your help.

First off we need league admin so if you will be available on either Wednesday or/and Thursday and you would like to help out then pls email Pacs here!

Secondly we need feedback, have a look at the rules page read over them and gives us your thoughts.

Also what do you think about having a pre-season cup? And if we do how should we run it? Do you want a world cup style, were u have mini groups and then top 2 go through to a knock out phase? Or do you just want a straight knock out competition? Do u think the knock out competition should be single elimination? Or double elimination? Your the people that are going to be playing in the cup tell us how you want it run and we will do our best to provide you with what you want.

We want to hear all comments good and bad. So get thinking and get typing. Also pls pimp the league as much as you can on any other forums or news sites you partake in. Thax!

O

old.HyperJ

IMO, a world cup style cup would be fun..

-=OSP=-HyperJ
ClanLeader

L

LGAlien

Cheers for getting this league underway so quick :) :clap:
i think world cup style would be interesting :cool:

P

pvtstash

id be happy with any type of tourney right now
lets get it onnnnn

K

killermarc

world cup format would be good, allows you to play more games against clans to determine what devision your in, better than a straight knock-out cup where you may only play one clan, who could be surperior to you.

G

greendemon

Yeah I think it work be a good idea, to help sort the Divisions.

L

LGAlien

Iis this league gonna have the realism mod on or off? Also what about friendly fire ?

P

Pac^

realism is off.. this is due to the fact there are a few realism mods and clans may be used to playing 1 type of realism only. It's better to keep things even and play the standard game.

FF is under consideration..the public BW servers currently run with ff off but perhaps on closed league servers FF on would make for a better match.

Wat you think?

M

=M<P=Xerxes

Will the Bazooka & Panzerschreck be banned? Or just restricted to one player only?:rolleyes:

P

Pac^

yes , we are definatly considering limting these weapons to 1 per team

L

LGAlien

If ya gonna play non-realism, limiting shotgun to 1 maybe a choice also. otherwise you just get a team of snipers and shotguns. FF is a must when playing in a close team enviroment.

H

hazzie

Any ideas for a proposed start date for the league :confused:

P

pvtstash

1stDD has just signed up
we was hoping for a roundbased league supose we gotta praccy objective now

6v6 seems a bit small can it not have 8v8

O

old.Makaveli07

realism? 4 moh league

Hi
Is there not any room 4 a [realism rb] league?.i do think theres a lot 2 be said for realism ie you do not see everybody chargeing around with a shotgun in there hands lol. if you do go with the default game will there be any restrictions on how many shotguns-bazookas teams will be allowed?. as 4 the pre season cup i do think a world cup style would benifit a lot more clans.thx

(=*1stDD*=) Makaveli

http://1stdd.proboards4.com/index.cgi

O

old.jebus

I like the sound of a Realism Roundbased league, I know there isnt that much support for it but as was mentioned earlier it can takes up to 30 mins to get into the BW roundbased realism server so there must be a few people out there who enjoy it :D

Y

Yeah 7

Please include realism.....

It makes for a better game with the use of better tactics and rewards the more skilled team. Both of the main realism mods are very similar anyway.

Objective realism is the way to go!

Either way, thanks for starting up the league.

Good job

[1st]Yeah 7=UGS=

O

old.cainuk

U gotta put realism on otherwise people are gonna get peeved at being shotgunned from 15 yards :( plus a lot of clans are used to playing realism now (check your realism servers compared to non-realism because realism is always busier)

If u go realism <>GFK<> will put 2 battalions in ;)

6v6????? surely most clans can get 8 or 10. Check the poll on alliedassault.co.uk nobody wants 6v6

Cain

P

Pac^

just to clarify ...

6 v 6 - this is going to change..it was simply part of a set of draft rules we put on the league site to see wat interest there was, although max limit will be 7..possibly 8. Judging by the playerlists on BW teams that some clans have signed up with, some clans dont have more than 2-3 players in their list. Its important that the playerslist on BW is up to date.

Round-based league - the first BWMOHL is going to be OBJ based only. Future seasons, who knows? We'll see wat the demand is like for round-based, TDM leagues in addition to obj AFTER the first season. Before long Team Assault will be with us and we'll have some more gametypes to play with. (and better server control as well hopefully)

Realism - This is a bit of a bone of contention at the mo..some want it, some don't and some are indifferent. We will shortly be emailing the clans who have already registered with the league and ask them wat they prefer and base our decision on that.

Revised rules will be posted on the league site shortly for you to scrutinize and discuss. However... we wanna get this moving along now, you've all waited long enough and we wanna see who the best clans are on BW and on that point I think we can all be agreed :)

O

old.Stainless Steel

FF=on
Realism=off
Rockets=on
as default as possible!!!
just like the mohaa clanbase cup!!!

O

old.Rico99

Pac make a poll here to decide about realism :)

P

Pac^

OK.. will do.
a mail has already gone out to clans who have signed up for the league asking for this kinda feedback.

O

old.HyperJ

What an ammusing poll so far, it seems that people want realism on but firendly fire off. That seams realistic to me..... not.
And you want omaha in, I'll give money to anyone that can get up the first set of steps in omahah with realism on...

This league is called "Medal of Honor League" not "Medal of Honour Realism League" lets just keep the game the way it's meant to be played...

-=OSP=-HyperJ
Clan Leader

T

tseHighlander

you'll pay me money if i get up the stairs at omaha, dont forget mate its not me thats voting its other people, i just casted the poll

i would prefer to see
1. realism off
2. friendly fire on
3. omaha in
4. and play each other twice once on objectives and once on round based

that way every on gets the best of both worlds with game play. no one can get blown up by team mates, and omaha was a gigantic part of the war so it must stay in. And weapons can not be disabled everyone will just snipe, limiting them is the best way to go
:m00: :D

T

tseHighlander

Also it looks like most clans want objectives

and also half want it as realistic as possible and the other half want it as default as possible

I want it as default as possible:rolleyes:

O

old.am1727

Realism!

Moh is a fps warfare experience, and is best played, as intended a world war 2 simulation of fighting armies, and plugging someone with a full magazine for them to run round and shoot ya is not a reflection of how the game should be played, (quake 3, halflife etc etc, are for the arcade guys), but please keep this game as real as possible.

The way to survive is not to make yourself a target and use cover, think about your movements, and tactics come into play to defeat the enemy, not run round like a headless chicken, plugging anything that moves.

For those people who prefer the so called normal mode, play quake etc etc, and dont spoil this fantastic experience of ww2 warfare!

Realism rocks!

Users who are viewing this thread