Bugged Necro Pets

P

parisienscot

Hi first of all this post has nothing to do with the line of sight bug. May patch day never come ;)

P

parisienscot

Doh pressed enter!

Anyway what I really want to talk about is a couple of other serious problems with necro pets.

1) When grouping I have noticed that when someone roots an add and your pet melees a non rooted one, as soon as this is dead the necro pet runs over to the rooted one and WILL NOT COME BACK when you click on passive. If the rooted mob happens to be near other mobs the pet aggros them all and dead group :-(

2) Horrible aggro magnet bug. Yesterday I was quite happily walking past the merchants in DF when some level 50 ran up with an Umbral Hulk on his tail - think it's a level 60 mob. I was just standing there with pet on passive and the Hulk broke it's pursuit of the level 50 and one hitted my pet then me :-( This has happened several times in different situations.

Have any other necros had this problem? Have you notified on RightNow? What was the reply? Anyone who plays on US servers know if this gets fixed in 1.60 coz I don't see anything about it in patch notes :-(

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by parisienscot

1) When grouping I have noticed that when someone roots an add and your pet melees a non rooted one, as soon as this is dead the necro pet runs over to the rooted one and WILL NOT COME BACK when you click on passive. If the rooted mob happens to be near other mobs the pet aggros them all and dead group :-(

Welcome to the world of pet classes, all pets do it, its not a bug its a feature

2) Horrible aggro magnet bug. Yesterday I was quite happily walking past the merchants in DF when some level 50 ran up with an Umbral Hulk on his tail - think it's a level 60 mob. I was just standing there with pet on passive and the Hulk broke it's pursuit of the level 50 and one hitted my pet then me :-( This has happened several times in different situations.

Have any other necros had this problem? Have you notified on RightNow? What was the reply? Anyone who plays on US servers know if this gets fixed in 1.60 coz I don't see anything about it in patch notes :-(

wierd never had that on any of my pet class chars

O

old.Plebo

I think that when grouped you have little alternative but to keep your pet on Passive and just let it cast. It is too risky to have it on Defensive as he will just run off and attack things all the time, with the risk of bringing a room full of agro on your group mates.

I just keep it on passive and only let him engage in melee in a last resort, even though you lose the benifit of using Facilitate Painworking if you do this, as it doesn't tend to work so well in passive mode.

R

Roo Stercogburn

I've noticed in some areas like Darkness Falls, Junior appears to go mental, even when you click passive. However, I think it is a peculiar type of lag that occurs. Junior does actually go passive but it can be anything up to 10 seconds before it registers. In circumstances where you have a beastie that can one-shot the pet, you don't get to find out if the pet ever goes passive though.
In DF I often have to keep Junior on passive, only setting to defence or agressive for particular fights.

Boney pets are possibly the most bugged thing I've seen regularly in game. Can be amusing at first, but you rapidly get fed up. Re-summoning several pets and buffing them uses up nearly all your power. Massive downtime after summoning/buffing pets is a ridiculous piece of bad design.

Boney pets run off, fight each other, agro mezzed mobs when they try to peel, run off into the agro range of non-pulled mobs, fall off ledges, get lost, etc. Its like your own personal Benny Hill show without the half naked chicks.

P

parisienscot

Thanks for the advice - shame I can't sem to do the light tanking in emergencies it just seems too risky.

But Roo (note: soz I've not been on with my Runie, been busy with another class ;) What I meant by the second point is that other people's trains of mobs will attack my pet even though it is just standing there. Not the same as problem 1 as pet is on defensive and has just been fighting. I literally mean just standing there doing absolutely nothing while group is not fighting he seems to suck up aggro from people who aren't even grouped with me and whose train of mobs is miles from spawn spot :-(

S

Sibanac

If you are grouped just slap your pet on passive just before mob dies and you wont have a problem

R

Roo Stercogburn

Thanks for the advice - shame I can't sem to do the light tanking in emergencies it just seems too risky.

But Roo (note: soz I've not been on with my Runie, been busy with another class ;) What I meant by the second point is that other people's trains of mobs will attack my pet even though it is just standing there. Not the same as problem 1 as pet is on defensive and has just been fighting. I literally mean just standing there doing absolutely nothing while group is not fighting he seems to suck up aggro from people who aren't even grouped with me and whose train of mobs is miles from spawn spot :-(

Oops, in that case, I shudder to think what you were waving at all those beasties to get them all excited and come after you... :D

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Sibanac
If you are grouped just slap your pet on passive just before mob dies and you wont have a problem

Thanks! I'll try that!

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn

Oops, in that case, I shudder to think what you were waving at all those beasties to get them all excited and come after you... :D

He he works when I'm out clubbing too.

D

deffy

I've noticed that they have a tendancy to start fighting with sorc pets for no apparant reason, I think this was mentioned in another thread though.

N

Nalikin

I've noticed the problem with the pet drawing aggro off other peoples chains .
Was in barrows killing fallen warriors , when a group comes running through from upstairs vigis area with Templar Avenger and his priestess chasing them .
Now my pet was on passive so it didn't run off when i was pulling mobs if they got out of line of sight , was just stood there , next thing as soon as templar had finished off the group one of the priestess whacked my pet , templar then started , 5 secs later and 1 dead necro :(
Now at no point did my pet cast or attack either of those , and i'm neutral to templar so there was no reason for me to be attacked by him

A

Addlcove

doh pressed enter

edit.jpg

yeah it´s really hard to miss

F

fatgit

Most pet classes suffer the problems you describe, I know I do on my cabalist :/

At about level 34 I was in DF and aggro'd a couple of greens. Thinking it would be nice to ae dot em for all of 2 a tick, for the effect, I hit ae dot.
Next thing, a nightmare pops up from under teh floor & 1hits me :rolleyes: . Yet another bug - similar to the pet going through walls in dungeons and aggroing another room :)

Unforunately these bugs arent fixed at all by Mythic yet

Users who are viewing this thread