Melee resists for Necro pets

B

Balbor

I was just woundering how good a necro's pet melee resists can get with top cleric CON STR/CON both AF and 9%abs buffs? Also will the changes to items stats transfering over also effect this?

K

Khalen

Well less now since soon we get new patch and then the con buffs give hp instead of absorb. So don't be afraid you just need to hit some more HPs instead of doing shitty damage.

O

old.windforce

PA for 71(-9) ^^

even savage assist train takes more then 3 hits, they become pretty strong melee

C

Cybwyn

It's insane really. I've had a fg of Mids beating on my fully buffed abomination before now and killed 2 of them before they took the pet out.

Gets even better in 1.65 although I suspect that the necro that unfortunate Mid was hitting was in a group using BoF.

B

Balbor

yeah after i posted i have a quick look and found it, 65% with self buffs and 95 with buff, still they suck at taking magic and i'm not sure but i don't think they have a cc reist timer so will be easy to kite to death for most casters.

I think BD will still own Necro 1on1 and Deathsight necros rely on lifetap proc (its not instent, first shade cast it then pet casts it as soon as he's able to so can be upto 6sec after you press the button).

All pets can be given good resists (although not as good a necro) and the summoner can support there pet more effectifly than a necro.

C

Cybwyn

Necros are crap at taking spell damage but can easily kill any caster they get the drop on.

As for BDs. They're easy for necros. ;)

T

thegreatest

There is nothing wrong with necro's imo, they are a solid class at melee but when it comes to magic they kinda go down in 2-3 nukes. Also the insta lifetap spell shouldnt be called insta at all, its just a castable lifetap that can be used in melee/is non-interruptable...

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Khalen
Well less now since soon we get new patch and then the con buffs give hp instead of absorb. So don't be afraid you just need to hit some more HPs instead of doing shitty damage.

Only transferd +con becomes +hp iirc
so Con buffs on the Pet will still make it abs, not 100% sure about it thou.

T

thegreatest

Yes the +con from your own items will be transferred tot he pet when you first summon them as extra hp, the self buffs + cleric buffs will give more absorb to the pet like first...

B

Balbor

i managed to kill a BD + troll tank in DF because they both ignored me and went for 2 paladings fighting 2 purple con mobs. After the troll and both Paladins were dead the mobs aggrod the BD pets so i was able to kill him. However normally my get get 3 shotted by BD.

All you have to do is run away from pet and necro has to follow so can't cast instent and won't get enough nukes off before you get out of range.

Users who are viewing this thread