Necro Bug #2,569,234

N

-Nxs-

Was playing a necro last night in one of the battlegrounds, and noticed that when someone else in the group played a speed buff (mins, sorc, theurg) the necro pet would get the speed boost no matter where it was in the battleground.

Really usefull if you are out of end, and a mid/hib is running away - the pet gets that extra speed boost to catch them up and melee or cast, problem is there is nothing the necro can do about this - looks like a bug that you cant help but exploit.

If i remember, at one point a minstel was at MPK, while my necro and pet was at APK and the pet was running at mach speed. Obviously the necro moves at normal speed unless in range of the person chanting the speed buff. But if you can locate and click the pet ATTACK button - zoom... off goes the necro pet.

Anyone else noticed this ?
and yes, ill log it on right now when i get home.

M

~Mobius~

This happens with every classes pet, any song/pulse will affect them no matter how far they are.

N

-Nxs-

<Rubs his hands together and gives an evil Mr Burns grin>

Excellent....

G

granny

Weird, I noticed this for the first time yesterday too while playing my baby cabby in Thid. Bob was just heading back to me down the slope at MPK and I told him to go attack a norse down the other side and he *zooomed* off even though I was out of range of the group's minstrel speed song.

Was very impressed too, Bob chased the poor norse all the way into MPK and killed him (from full health) and made it back to me completely unharmed, WTG Bob :)

T

Tasans

Also they get speed without having to wait for the melee timer to expire. And all chant type of spells affect them no matter where you are, including pbt. My buffed sm pet was a killer in the bgs :p

N

-Nxs-

Lets hope it doesnt get fixed :) i guess as it affects all three realm's pet classes then its kinda fair.

So what if ALB have more pet classes :)

B

bigchief

Thats actually less useful for a necro than any other pet class due to the range factor. Basically the pet can zoom off, you cant keep up and the pet goes over the 1500 range. Can actually lose the pet in ~3seconds instead of the normal 10 if hes zooming and you're not moving. Leaves you with no pet and feeling rather vunerable in the middle of nowhere then :(

N

-Nxs-

Didnt have much of a problem last night - the pet was legging it after a healer, obviously caught him up within the 1500 range and the first hit broke the healers speed, so i was able to stay within range... anyway, regardless.. its a nice bug and i like it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom