bloody rediculous

R

--Random--

just saw on the news that clive woodward (england rugby coach or whatever he is) is getting a fucking knighthood!! what for?! all the players are getting bloody medals and shit, why the fuck? i'd like to see a knighthood and medals going to our chaps out in iraq right now. these guys won a single game, flukely, and for some reason they're now treated as national hero's. is it because its the first time england have one? anything? why not give that robert winston doctor bloke a knighthood, his human mind programs are 4teh5 and far more interesting

pisses me off

O

old.ST200

You dont win world cups by winning a single game. We won the football WC in 1966, so no this is not the only time we won anything.

Just fuck off to some other country please.

R

--Random--

Originally posted by old.ST200
You dont win world cups by winning a single game. We won the football WC in 1966, so no this is not the only time we won anything.

Just fuck off to some other country please.

i fucking would if i could. britains turning into a fucking laughing stock. the highest possible honour, normally reserved for people that... cure stuff like cancer, is given to some random bloke because the people he coached managed to win a game of rugby. sickening.

C

chi_

You'd understand if you could play rugby, you fat ****.

O

old.ST200

Go to google and look at the people who have received knighthoods.

Sir Elton John? Sir Michael Caine? I'm sure none of them have cured cancer.

R

--Random--

begging your pardon but most rugby players are fat ****s.. hense the reason they play rugby

dont get me wrong, im not slating rugby, its a good sport and at least it isnt full of poofs like football is. they are hard bastards. but, i just think its plain stupid to give out the highest possible honours of england to them, what they did wasnt anything even remotely special.

R

--Random--

Originally posted by old.ST200
Go to google and look at the people who have received knighthoods.

Sir Elton John? Sir Michael Caine? I'm sure none of them have cured cancer.

yea but in fairness they've done the equivilant to winning many games of rugby, not 1.

B

BlitheringIdiot

s****horpe... ;)

As disturbing as this is, I agree with random to a certain extent - everyone and their dog has a knighthood these days. Its hardly that special anymore.

Oh and anyone who turns up wearint trainers to get knighted should be thrown out! ITs the fucking queen for gods sake.

C

chi_

Originally posted by --Random--
begging your pardon but most rugby players are fat ****s.. hense the reason they play rugby

dont get me wrong, im not slating rugby, its a good sport and at least it isnt full of poofs like football is. they are hard bastards. but, i just think its plain stupid to give out the highest possible honours of england to them, what they did wasnt anything even remotely special.

Clive Woodward made England win something. I'd say that's special.

R

--Random--

he didnt make them win, the players made them win. he just told them to eat 50 chickens a day and run around.

O

old.ST200

yea but in fairness they've done the equivilant to winning many games of rugby, not 1.

Fucking hell, you are stupid. YOU CAN'T WIN A WORLD CUP BY ONLY WINNING ONE GAME.

R

--Random--

what about the guys that sent Beagle (sp) the mars probe to mars? ok it didnt actually get to mars succesfully, but i'd say give the leader of they're team a knighthood. far far more deserving, far more important and just far more worthy.

winning a game of rugby, or discovering we're not the only life in the universe, before anyone else on the planet.

hm

R

--Random--

we just dish out knighthoods willy nilly now. remember the days of the round table and that? nowerdays the round table would have to take up a continent.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
s****horpe... ;)

As disturbing as this is, I agree with random to a certain extent - everyone and their dog has a knighthood these days. Its hardly that special anymore.

Oh and anyone who turns up wearint trainers to get knighted should be thrown out! ITs the fucking queen for gods sake.
I don't quite see how the fact that it's the queen makes any difference to the clothes you should wear. :eek:

C

chi_

what about the guys that sent Beagle (sp) the mars probe to mars? ok it didnt actually get to mars succesfully, but i'd say give the leader of they're team a knighthood. far far more deserving, far more important and just far more worthy.

winning a game of rugby, or discovering we're not the only life in the universe, before anyone else on the planet.

hm

Another way of looking at it:

Just like the Royal Family, knighthoods do not fucking matter.

People who do stupid amounts of charity work deserve knighthoods far more than Elton John, but that isn't the way it works.

B

BlitheringIdiot

hm
Pillinger will be getting a knighthood, but he hasnt done enough for science yet.

These guys have been out there playing fecking rugby with the majority of england not giving a shit about them. Yet they stick with it and finally get what they deserved.

R

--Random--

you can say that, but without the royal family what would we be? we'd be.. fucking crap

the royal family make us, we're famed for it, if it wasnt for them what would people know about england? that we won the rugby world cup??? hardly, 60% of the planets population cant prenounce rugby let alone know what it is.

R

--Random--

Originally posted by chi_

People who do stupid amounts of charity work deserve knighthoods far more than Elton John, but that isn't the way it works. [/B]

dunno about that, charity workers piss me off, wankers

/edit hang on, was thinking of peace protestors. hang on, same thing.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by Coim-
I don't quite see how the fact that it's the queen makes any difference to the clothes you should wear. :eek:
Ill explain this for lil old you :p

Fyi teh queen is liek giving j00 a title that will make you liek uber leet tbh but you liek cba to show respect for it, its liek takin teh piss tbh.

O

old.ST200

lol not even going to argue anymore, you make me laugh too much

B

BlitheringIdiot

dunno about that, charity workers piss me off, wankers
This made me laugh soo much. You've a fucknig clueless ape but you do come out with some good comments at times ;)

C

Coim-

you can say that, but without the royal family what would we be? we'd be.. fucking crap

the royal family make us, we're famed for it, if it wasnt for them what would people know about england? that we won the rugby world cup??? hardly, 60% of the planets population cant prenounce rugby let alone know what it is.
When Princess Diana / Queen Mother died, there were fucking parades in the street, national days of mourning, etc. Fucking pointless. People die every day, where's there parades? Where's there national holidays? Kthxbye.

R

--Random--

<wonders why ST has a picture of peter andree as his avatar>

C

Coim-

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
Ill explain this for lil old you :p

Fyi teh queen is liek giving j00 a title that will make you liek uber leet tbh but you liek cba to show respect for it, its liek takin teh piss tbh.
She's not giving you the title. Some of her assistants, etc, are. She's just there to present it. Let's be honest, I seriously doubts she actually wants to be there.

R

--Random--

When Princess Diana / Queen Mother died, there were fucking parades in the street, national days of mourning, etc. Fucking pointless. People die every day, where's there parades? Where's there national holidays? Kthxbye.

are they all members of the royal family? no.

some people are just more important than others.

i dont wanna see a parade for some druggy dying of aids or whatever.

R

--Random--

She's not giving you the title. Some of her assistants, etc, are. She's just there to present it. Let's be honest, I seriously doubts she actually wants to be there.

not there to present it?!?!?!

course she fucking is you pleb!

:doh:

B

BlitheringIdiot

National heritage and all that. Whats wrong with a little bit of respect for the royal family, they not have much power now but its still got loads to do with our nations history and all.

(Though when prince charles becomes King, I really cant see many people respecting him.)

tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom