Bioshock

Aada

Part of the furniture
what are you playing a rpg for?

from what I've seen, it's basically "go to that planet and kill him and him". It may be too early for me to say, but non-stop action doesn't really get me involved in a good story.

Like KOTOR ? not a bad thing then.

Its not your typical RPG though really.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Like KOTOR ? not a bad thing then.

Its not your typical RPG though really.

that's the main problem for me. It looks like they're so happy about their new combat system, that they haven't focused much on the story or other gameplay mechanics. I've not played the real game, but it looks like it from the trailers.

Aada

Part of the furniture
that's the main problem for me. It looks like they're so happy about their new combat system, that they haven't focused much on the story or other gameplay mechanics. I've not played the real game, but it looks like it from the trailers.

You can't really judge it though atm m8 maybe they keeping the story under wraps so its not spoilt?

I find it hard to believe they have created this awsome looking game without a story.

KOTOR was awsome and i have full confidence they will deliver the goods.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
You can't really judge it though atm m8 maybe they keeping the story under wraps so its not spoilt?

I find it hard to believe they have created this awsome looking game without a story.

KOTOR was awsome and i have full confidence they will deliver the goods.

Im judging it from what I've seen so far - and 80% of it is braindead action.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Im judging it from what I've seen so far - and 80% of it is braindead action.

The main hype surrounding this game is to do with the conversation system and selecting an attitude to determine what you say as opposed to just a simple text reply, the amount of work that seems to have been put into that system (along with facial expression) seems to suggest they are taking the story side of things very serious.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Reviews for Bioshock so far

OXM UK: 10
Game Informer: 10
Alternative Press: 10
Gamers (magazine): 9.8
PC Gamer UK: 9.5
Xbox World: 9.4

Yaka

Part of the furniture
thought it was meant to be more like system shock 1 and 2 rahter than kotor :/
its the only reason ive been looking forward to the game

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
thought it was meant to be more like system shock 1 and 2 rahter than kotor :/
its the only reason ive been looking forward to the game

Bioshock is ^^^^ was about Mass Effect earlier :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
taking fucking ages to download, according to most sites everone is having probs with bitch arse slow downloads.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Mine finished an hour ago, played it, loved it, going to play again in a bit :)

Video at the end is awesome to really gives you a glimpse into the kind of mad shit you can do :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
fuck me now this is a fucking demo

immense opening, great way to quickly show you how the game world works. it seems like lost and system shock1/2 mixed up and chucked in the 50s or somat. did wish i had kb and mose at several point tho. hope it has co-op system shock to was one iof the first fps games to make co-op work

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
This thread has been a wangfest. Has anyone *tried* the demo yet?

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
This thread has been a wangfest. Has anyone *tried* the demo yet?

I've tried it shortly. YOU'VE GOT NO LEGS!! most unrealistic game ever.

apart from that, it's GotY ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
fuck me now this is a fucking demo

immense opening, great way to quickly show you how the game world works. it seems like lost and system shock1/2 mixed up and chucked in the 50s or somat. did wish i had kb and mose at several point tho. hope it has co-op system shock to was one iof the first fps games to make co-op work

Its singleplayer only.

Dying to try it but i don't wanna ruin anything for next friday.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I dont think much to it. Reminds me of that criminal game that was out when the 360 shipped.

Its good but I'm tired of walk in room, kill, move on. The good points are the setting and the audio but gameplay looks nothing new.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I dont think much to it. Reminds me of that criminal game that was out when the 360 shipped.

Its good but I'm tired of walk in room, kill, move on. The good points are the setting and the audio but gameplay looks nothing new.

Anyone else wanna post their impressions? All I've heard so far is that the gameplay is slow and 'meh, just another FPS'. I love the way the game looks, but is it actually anything new?

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
It's hard to really say is it anything new from a demo that takes about 15 mins to go through and is the very opening of the game, the graphics are amazing, the music is amazing, the atmosphere is amazing, the story seems like it could be really engrossing and the different weapon upgrades and abilites you are able to get look very interesting (though you only get to see 2 weapons and 2 abilites in the demo).

All in all it's getting very positive feedback, I'd say from the 3 or 4 forums (non being xbox only forums) I usually read through around 95% of people are majorly excited for this now - loads of positive feedback and some going as far as saying the opening level surpasses Half Life, so I'm not sure where you are getting the 'meh, just another FPS' line from?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
dunno if anyone knows but the demo has some wepons/abilities that you wont get that early in the game.

and if anyone liked system shock 2 then you will enjoy the demo. ive no idea peeps are saying its slow its paced just like fear judging buy the demo.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Demo is fun, very atmospheric. Game is now pre-ordered, nuff said tbh.

Starman

Part of the furniture
Yeah its bloody great I am surprised how long the demo was really and I'm not ashamed to say it made me jump quite a few times :p

screenshot_07_xl.jpg

BE AFRAID THE BIG DADDY IS COMING FOR YOU...

Yaka

Part of the furniture
ohh playing games on thwe easiest settings makes you jump?

whos apussy wussy then?:p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
watch it, you may just set off every single lie detector in the country

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I didn't go much on the demo, but when I saw that there were over 70 plasmoids in the end game and that the game encourages the use of the environment as a weapon well, I was sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom