Sex Big Gay Family Cars For Lame Asses

Mey

Part of the furniture
Not that clever with interest rates low. Car purchase is sensible...

Actually with interest rates so low now is the perfect time to dump money into your mortg, cause you reduce the amount you owe thus when rates go up (which they will) you will be paying less interest.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Volvo. Most reliable car I've ever owned. Had 2 v40's and would definitely get another.

I had a 2.0l S40 a few years ago. Never went wrong, at all. The V40 is just an S40 with a big boot, lol. Might not handle so well though but you won't be taking the s-bend near me at 70 with kids in the car! I miss my Volvo.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Suzuki SX4, can pick one up nearly new for under 15k, does 50mpg+ on unleaded, roof bars as standard, good multi-level boot - shocking how much you can fit in it. goes at a decent clip if you want it to, sensible internal storage nooks. good warranty & japanese reliability.

very wary of fords after the engine died in my last one.... at less than 20k miles.

if they can stretch to 20+k then the new Volvo V40 is a must-buy.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

We had one of those as a hire car last week. I couldn't even get into the front seat without my head hitting the A-pillar.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Not sure what your point is....? everyone knows the laws of physics don't apply to volvos... you can hit them with cruise missiles and it will barely scratch the paint...

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Not sure what your point is....? everyone knows the laws of physics don't apply to volvos... you can hit them with cruise missiles and it will barely scratch the paint...

yeah well I thought that until my wife ran into the back of a 1954 morris minor. He just had to hammer a couple of dents out of his rear bumper, our Volvo was a write off :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter

I've owned two Volvos and they're no more reliable than any other car.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They are basically Renaults, which are French, which are bad.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Suzuki SX4, can pick one up nearly new for under 15k, does 50mpg+ on unleaded, roof bars as standard, good multi-level boot - shocking how much you can fit in it. goes at a decent clip if you want it to, sensible internal storage nooks. good warranty & japanese reliability.

very wary of fords after the engine died in my last one.... at less than 20k miles.

You do know that many Volvos have Ford engines don't you (and until recently vice-versa, the last Focus ST had a Volvo engine)? Until about 3 years ago, Volvo were owned by Ford. Now they're owned by the Chinese.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
A friend with two small people has a Peugeot 3008 and he's over the moon with it.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you daddies seem to want coupé performance and still be able to fit your minion army in the back :p

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
All the parents in our group of friends seem to drive 3 Series and never seem to run out of room. 15k should get a lovely 330d / 330i Touring. Rapid, lovely to drive, fairly bombproof and shouldn't lose too much money when they.come to sell.

soze

I am a FH squatter
3 of the parents in work have gone to second hand top of the line Mondeos.. Titanium X I think they are. Leather everything loads of space plenty of toys and they are meant to be reliable. There are lots of stories of bad ones but then there are millions of the bastards out there. There are ST versions too if they want a bit more fun.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
You do know that many Volvos have Ford engines don't you (and until recently vice-versa, the last Focus ST had a Volvo engine)? Until about 3 years ago, Volvo were owned by Ford. Now they're owned by the Chinese.

Yes, I used to work for Ford.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Actu
They are basically Renaults, which are French, which are bad.

Physically "bad" ... Or just, ya know "french is bad"

Cos all the reviews i have read so far actually rate them...

DaGaffer

Yes, I used to work for Ford.

So what's the point in saying "don't buy Ford - dodgy engines - buy Volvo" then? NB. I quite like the new V40 but its not much bigger than a Focus, so from personal experience I'd say too small for a family with two kids and all their stuff.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Actu

Physically "bad" ... Or just, ya know "french is bad"

Cos all the reviews i have read so far actually rate them...

French cars. Boring, badly made, rust prone, under performing. In general. Yeah I know they are Romanian but I imagine the chassis, engine, even the interior is going to be exactly the same as same range Renaults. In the same way Skodas are basically VWs but with Skoda panels.

DaGaffer

French cars. Boring, badly made, rust prone, under performing. In general. Yeah I know they are Romanian but I imagine the chassis, engine, even the interior is going to be exactly the same as same range Renaults. In the same way Skodas are basically VWs but with Skoda panels.

Yes but the one thing a Dacia has going for it is they are dirt cheap; you could basically run one for three years and throw it away. (NB. I don't think there's anything particularly "under-performing" about Renaults in comparison to their competition; there's nowt wrong with Renault engines or chassis; build quality would be my only gripe).

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Hmm

I must do some more research...

I WAS seriously considering one.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Driving a 7 seater Renault Scenic has to be one of the worst experiences of my life. Seriously avoid. Shitloads of space inside but everything is shit, cheap and doesn't work.

Marc

FH is my second home
We've just bought a peugeot 3008. Cant recommend it enough. More than enough room for 3 kids in the back including baby seat and proper nippy

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I had a 307SW and it was lovely. So there.

Dacia are the Tesco Value of the Renault range, they are just awful but yeah, *cheap*.

DaGaffer

you daddies seem to want coupé performance and still be able to fit your minion army in the back :p

I don't see a problem with this. Well I do, I can't afford the car I want in Ireland, but I could in the UK, which is just irritating:
B31D1C6BC1988CA668A6F239E31E21.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom