BI = Banned

R

Rubric

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
The forum is made by the community, and for the community,
unban ppl & away with your stupid strict rules!

No the forum is made by Deebs & TDC and a few other hardwork. Yes its for the community & it should be grateful.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Damini
The people that enjoy spamming, enjoy it.

Those that don't are driven away from forums if they feel that anything they post will be consumed by post eating spamlings, or if they feel the entire community is dominated by IRCisms.

People rarely sign up to forums if they see discussions along the lines of -

Sharma stinks irl!

Omg, lol, shut up.

I'm bored.

Me too!

and other assorted spam shaped offerings. Nobody would look at a thread like that in a community they aren't familiar with and think, HEY! I WANT TO JOIN THAT COMMUNITY AND DISCUSS THIS ISSUE!

You have to look after all aspects of a community, and yes sometimes that means curbing the fun for some people.

We're talking about off topic tho, they only spam in there. Most of the time.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Rubric
No the forum is made by Deebs & TDC and a few other hardwork. Yes its for the community & it should be grateful.

A forum without a community is no forum. They need people as much as they need them to host the software.

R

Rubric

A forum without a community is no forum. They need people as much as they need them to host the software.

What ever did BW do before DAOC eh? LOL theres plenty of people posting good stuff. If FH lost 20 people from the DAOC forum or even 50 people do you think they would give a flying flip?

V

VodkaFairy

What ever did BW do before DAOC eh? LOL theres plenty of people posting good stuff. If FH lost 20 people from the DAOC forum or even 50 people do you think they would give a flying flip?

They should yes.

V

VodkaFairy

Why?

Because those people are having fun on their forums. Isn't that the entire thing they're after?

R

Rubric

Because those people are having fun on their forums. Isn't that the entire thing they're after?

I would imagine not if it causes them work. Lets be honest the place isn't going to fall down if the whole DAOC community migrated somewhere else.

D

Damini

Off topic is meant to be the vocal hub of the community, a place where people can discuss topics within their sub communities and interact as people rather than simply their online personas.

Somewhere along the line, OT got equated with spam, and people are all frenzied in defending their right to spam, or bait mods, or say whatever the hell they like as long as they know they are joking (and to hell if nobody else gets it).

Forums aren't designed for people to have fun, it isn't like a fair ground. Forums are meant to harbour communities, and encourage discussion. Sometimes threads will be fun, sometimes they will be serious, but they aren't meant to be just an arena for certain few people to do whatever the hell they like as long as they are smiling.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Damini
Forums aren't designed for people to have fun, it isn't like a fair ground. Forums are meant to harbour communities, and encourage discussion. Sometimes threads will be fun, sometimes they will be serious, but they aren't meant to be just an arena for certain few people to do whatever the hell they like as long as they are smiling.

Well just look at BW, and see how many real discussions there are. And how many serious threads there are.

Imo you should be happy people manage to have fun here :p

J

Jupitus

Same with "spamming", who the fuck cares.

The whole FH community will care a great deal if the spamming leads to an unsupportable requirement in bandwidth and causes the forums to fold. Ted and Deebs are investigating the possibility of having a chat channel (which is more bandwidth efficient) but until that happens the IRC type threads won't be welcome.

Hopefully people will realise the difference between a corporate owned forum and a volunteer-run one soon....

R

Rubric

Well just look at BW, and see how many real discussions there are. And how many serious threads there are.

Imo you should be happy people manage to have fun here :p

Lots of people manage to have fun without "spamming" though.

O

old.ST200

Originally posted by Whisperess
Seriously VF - did you think at all before those posts?
You knew nothing of the subject, you just spewed your contempt for the rules of these forums. But guess what? If you don't like the rules then just f'ck off to some other place.

HURRAH :D

VF, I think you are totally missing the point on all of your posts. FH don't NEED the excal OT "community", far from it. The kind of "fun" you keep going on about is the same "fun" that keeps many people from bothering to read/post here.

Z

Ziva

Originally posted by old.ST200
VF, I think you are totally missing the point on all of your posts. FH don't NEED the excal OT "community", far from it. The kind of "fun" you keep going on about is the same "fun" that keeps many people from bothering to read/post here.

You are very right here ST, many people didnt read Exca/OT because of the spam and we don't want that to happen on FH aswell. The section isn't made for an odd 6 people to have fun.

I personally welcome everyone but if certain people only come to spam and post crap i think they are better of somewhere else.

V

VodkaFairy

Rofl, I fold ;D

Really I think banning is a bit harsh but if you really don't want their "spam" then that's a good reason to get them away from your forums I guess. :)

gl with moderating and stuff, ill try to behave on FH :m00:

V

VodkaFairy

SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE !!!11!!!!

:p

You bloody well need the spammers :m00:

S

Sichama

I agree with VF on practically everything :)

I think the real problem was that some people where more l33t than the mods, and they couldn't really stand for it in FH.

I think every single mod in here hides a litle nazi in his heart, and the new litle member of them the bigest one of all.

It only takes a brief visit to FH to see how fucked up that place is, it's a joke really.

These are my personal opinnions based on what i have read on the subject here and at FH, there is absolutely no way someone can change my mind about them, but i understand how people will dismiss them or be ofended, but tough luck tbh.

Through all the time i was here this is the first post i have ever made that really attacks anyone, it is the first post that actually flames someone especialy mod's without any good intentions.

I admit to all these but if i get a warning/suspension/ban or anything it will probably be because i flamed FH and not for the above reasons.

Oh well mod's think, baning someone from BW is pointless as it is a dying forum anyway, and FH is a joke, many wont even bother with it especialy the ones you ban from here. So all in all exersising you mod/nazi powers here is useless, go moderate FH the best you can but at least leave BW to go with a bang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom