BI = Banned

A

Alkoran

Dill, Sissyfoo, Nuked... you got access MSN or something similar at the moment?

C

Coim-

Sissy, Dill, Nuked = banned too. This is fucking ridiculous. Banning all the l33t people (not including Nuked). :p

B

bigfoot

No, I'm banning all the people behaving like total eijits. IF they don't want to post on FH, or want to behave like kiddies, that is one thing. To then use these forums to abuse the people running FH is another, and I'm not going to permit it to carry on.

C

Coim-

I desacrate like a river of pure piranha says:
could one of you post a reply to bigfoot asking him to read my pm on fh please

V

VodkaFairy

Actually I'll just write something.

What is the goal of a forum? To exchange usefull information or something? If that's the case, why did you make an off topic forum instead of banning everyone that doesn't post informative replies / threads.

Regardless of their posts, and the content of those posts, they obviously like posting here. Isn't that what you want, people that have fun on your forums?

Jesus christ, if you go around banning everyone seen as part of the "community" in a certain forum you sure as hell aint making it a nicer place. Instead it makes you a bad moderator, and makes the forums in general a shitty place.

But if that's what you want sure, go around and ban everyone. Bet the new forums will be rly fucking nice if you do.

<shrug>

Happy newyear.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by VodkaFairy

What is the goal of a forum? To exchange usefull information or something? If that's the case, why did you make an off topic forum instead of banning everyone that doesn't post informative replies / threads.

Regardless of their posts, and the content of those posts, they obviously like posting here. Isn't that what you want, people that have fun on your forums?

Jesus christ, if you go around banning everyone seen as part of the "community" in a certain forum you sure as hell aint making it a nicer place. Instead it makes you a bad moderator, and makes the forums in general a shitty place.

But if that's what you want sure, go around and ban everyone. Bet the new forums will be rly fucking nice if you do.

<shrug>

Happy newyear.
That is exactly, I mean, exactly, what I wanted to say.

S

Shrye

<shrug>

Happy newyear.

:clap:

S

Shrye

Btw, any that's begun searching for some other forum or something, since they're acting like complete wank at FH?

C

Coim-

Nothing as of yet... dunno, maybe we'll all migrate somewhere else, but at the moment, it's looking like this will, indeed, be 'teh end'. :(

C

Coim-

While I remember, adari kinda briefly mentioned an IRC channel... which sounds like a good idea tbh, just some of the people (Dill, BI, etc) don't use IRC, so we're kinda screwed there...

B

bigfoot

If they had been the usual OT stuff then I wouldn't have minded and wouldn't have taken any action. The fact is that the posts they made were abusive to some people who had been good enough to set up an alternative home given the closure of these forums. Not only this but they were abusive to people who are members of these forums, something we will not tolerate despite there being just a few days these forums have left to run.

C

Coim-

Lol, whatever. Fact is, you can't just come in here, banning people left, right, and centre when you don't even know the people who post here. Like someone mentioned before, almost everything we say in OT we don't mean. Anyways, there's no point in hanging around when there's no one else to post with. Defeats the point of a forum entirely.

So bigfoot, you can just fuck off.

Thanks.

Z

Ziva

Blabla

I agree with you on this one VF and i also think a forum should be a place to both exchange usefull information and have a laugh too. But there is a difference between posting because you want to share or discuss something (usefull information or something funny, doesn't matter) and posting because you are bored, wanna raise your postcount or feel like flaming someone.

Some people might think off-topic forum means "post shit/spam/insult-someone" but it's not. It's a place where non DaoC related stuff can be posted but that doesn't mean you can post shit in there. I understand the meaning of "shit" is very subjective so what i might consider shit may not be shit to others but some people seem to forget that this is a game forum and not a chatbox.

Banning people is not funny and not something me or anyone else enjoys doing but nether isn't asking people over and over again to use the forums for what they made for.

V

VodkaFairy

I don't think moving to another forum will be much good, because what the mods are doing is just so stupid at some point they must realise they're not on the right track.

I don't know who is the main admin of FH, but I would like to have a chat with him on irc or something... Surely you want FH to be a fun forum?

Then why do you go around banning the fun people? It's just so fucking stupid I don't understand. Do you want an empty forum or what? With no posts at all, or some semi-funny post once a week by some random person nobody knows.

Just, why? Why did you ban some of the most active, respected and fun people in the community? Give me one fucking valid reason.

Bigfoot, or who ever is in charge of FH, excal OT was a fun community and you started wrecking it. I hope you can be sensible and unban them, because it's just really a shame.

I'm tired, probably talking bullshit, it's just a forum :p But banning BI, Dill, etc, it's just stupid no matter how you twist and turn it.

*EDIT*

this was written before the replies of ziva and bigfoot, i will reply to you now :p

C

Coim-

Deebs is the main guy, but he doesn't really do anything about banning. That's bigfoot / other mods.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by bigfoot
If they had been the usual OT stuff then I wouldn't have minded and wouldn't have taken any action. The fact is that the posts they made were abusive to some people who had been good enough to set up an alternative home given the closure of these forums. Not only this but they were abusive to people who are members of these forums, something we will not tolerate despite there being just a few days these forums have left to run.

Good enough to set up an alternative? Trust me of course they respect people setting up an alternative.

But making very strict rules and banning people for fuck all reason, is not an alternative anymore, it's a shithole. They're angry because the so-called official alternative is crap.

Maybe they were abusive to people, but lol, you're being abusive to an entire community :p

Without the current excal OT community there is no fun left on the boards, it's up to you whether you want to keep on going till there is nothing left, or change the policy and reverce the damage you have done to the boards.

Sure I might be a little bit too serious about this, but it's just mean and unnecessary to destroy a community isn't it?

C

Coim-

This is from BI;

Then why do you go around banning the fun people? It's just so fucking stupid I don't understand. Do you want an empty forum or what? With no posts at all, or some semi-funny post once a week by some random person nobody knows.
The DAoC forums have always caused them problems, sucknig up resources, crashing things etc - costing money. 99% of the general forum users hate the DAoC lto and want rid of them, most of the mods come from this 'lot'. So I dont think they would be at all put out if they forced the DAoC community to be dead, or posting elsewhere.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Ziva
I agree with you on this one VF and i also think a forum should be a place to both exchange usefull information and have a laugh too. But there is a difference between posting because you want to share or discuss something (usefull information or something funny, doesn't matter) and posting because you are bored, wanna raise your postcount or feel like flaming someone.
It doesn't matter what so fucking ever what people post, as long as they're enjoying it, and the rest of the community likes those people. I mean who the hell are you to determine whether something is "spam" or not, it's about the readers, if they don't mind, why should you? If you're really sick of someone, why don't you make a vote in that board and let the readers themself decide.
Some people might think off-topic forum means "post shit/spam/insult-someone" but it's not. It's a place where non DaoC related stuff can be posted but that doesn't mean you can post shit in there. I understand the meaning of "shit" is very subjective so what i might consider shit may not be shit to others but some people seem to forget that this is a game forum and not a chatbox.
Again, if people are enjoying themself, and the other readers respect them and are seen as part of the "leet" people of this board then why can't they use it as a chatbox. You think they're ruining the fun for everyone else? No, they aren't. And direct personal attacks should of course be forbidden, granted it's not meant as a joke but dead serious. Tbh I don't think BI and Dill did that, not unless people really "deserved" it. Repent is pretty considered an idiot by most of the people here, maybe it's wrong for Dill to say "Fuck off repent" but surely it would be a better thing for the community to ban repent rather than ban Dill.

No offence to repent, just naming an example :p

Banning people is not funny and not something me or anyone else enjoys doing but nether isn't asking people over and over again to use the forums for what they made for.

Things evole, it's a natural process, whatever suits your community should suit you. Regardless of what the forums are initially made for. Right ?

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Coim-
This is from BI;

The DAoC forums have always caused them problems, sucknig up resources, crashing things etc - costing money. 99% of the general forum users hate the DAoC lto and want rid of them, most of the mods come from this 'lot'. So I dont think they would be at all put out if they forced the DAoC community to be dead, or posting elsewhere.

Then they should just say to us all:

FUCK YOU WE ARE CLOSING THE FORUMS, BYE!

But why don't they?

O

old.ST200

VF you sound so ridiculous right now. Maybe it's best you go sleep so you can think properly before posting.

O

old.ST200

It doesn't matter what so fucking ever what people post, as long as they're enjoying it, and the rest of the community likes those people. I mean who the hell are you to determine whether something is "spam" or not, it's about the readers, if they don't mind, why should you? If you're really sick of someone, why don't you make a vote in that board and let the readers themself decide.

It does matter. Off-topic isn't a chat room, it's a message board for discussing non daoc things. If you want a conversation, go to irc.

These aren't our boards, we can't make the rules, we just post here and abide by them.

V

vintervargen

BW = entertainment. nuthing else.

that is, the daoc section at least :m00:

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by old.ST200
It does matter. Off-topic isn't a chat room, it's a message board for discussing non daoc things. If you want a conversation, go to irc.

These aren't our boards, we can't make the rules, we just post here and abide by them.

I think banning a well respected person in the community has more negative effects than just accepting some threads in which the forum is being used as a chatbox. Why do the mods care really, I don't see the problem.

Some rules are just useless and stupid, either the mods can be nice people with respect towards their community and change those rules, or be stubbourn "nazi mods" and get a situation like this. People are angry and disappointed, they have the right to be since their community is being wrecked.

Z

Ziva

Originally posted by old.ST200

ST, did you read my mind or something? I couldn't have said it any better :)

It's a small group of people that like spamming, like using the forums for whatever they feel like and acts like they make the rules. They seem to forget they don't own these forums and should use them (just like anyone else, including mods) for what they are made for. And if you say these forums are made for entertainment regardless of content i have to disagree with you.

O

old.ST200

I think banning a well respected person in the community has more negative effects than just accepting some threads in which the forum is being used as a chatbox. Why do the mods care really, I don't see the problem.

Some rules are just useless and stupid, either the mods can be nice people with respect towards their community and change those rules, or be stubbourn "nazi mods" and get a situation like this. People are angry and disappointed, they have the right to be since their community is being wrecked.

Banned? Well respected? Who are you talking about? lol

Sissyfoo? I don't know who respects him but it surely isn't me. Dillinja? Why? Nuked? Don't make me laugh. Look at the childish way they all posted on FH, then tell me why any of them should be respected?

If you don't like the rules, go away. I, however, have no problem with them. These people destroyed their own community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom