Confused BF3 or COD? Which do you play?

opticle

Part of the furniture
I know this is risking some sort of fanboy riot, but it's a genuine question: I finally have net access again after a year with shitty dongles and even more time out due to studying, I used to love online shooters and play a lot of CS, which one of these games should I play ? :)

And what does everyone here play?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
BF3 now and again. CoD is a bit more for the console kids really...though BF3 is too I guess :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
cod is made of dead goat wank

that being said, BF3 now crashes when i try to play it since last patch, so technically, neither :D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
There's no reason to like COD, especially when there's lots of things to do on BF3.

EXCEPT

The interface with BF3 is horrible, it can take ages to load, and sometimes a while to find a reasonable game/server.

Much as I try to like it, 3 maps and I've had enough. Boring.

Even with horrible IW's non-server approach, I'd still rather play MW2 on hardcore in S-D mode, every time. I play it at least 4 or 5 times a week, probably more. Can many of the BF3 advocates claim that? I suspect not :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
bf3 all the way, cod practically plays itself with all the perks/killstreaks - give me an old style FPS any day with none of this perk and killstreak shit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tribes Ascend.

Even though it's nowhere near as good as Tribes 1 or 2 it still spanks the pants off the rest....

Lethul

FH is my second home
COD

However if my laptop could handle BF3 i would not touch COD :)
CODs biggest upside is that it looks and runs like a 3-4 year old game, so no FPS issues

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
COD

However if my laptop could handle BF3 i would not touch COD :)
CODs biggest upside is that it looks and runs like a 3-4 year old game, so no FPS issues

I will say that about COD the fps is generally flawless, thats about the only upside to it tho.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
look at it like this
BF3 = hardcore
CoD = pick up and play

i actually like both games BF3 when i wanna play with my mates and get some squad action going, tbh no other game comes close for the social aspect and the single player is generally alot better that and you get to drive tanks n shit i mean its full of win just cos of that.

cod is nice just to pick up and play without having to worry too much about doing owt, its a very simple game that requires little to no thinking sometimes its nice to play one of those games.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Ta guys :) Looks like I'll pick up BF3 at some point !

Is there a friends list and all that shizzle ?

And an old man question: Are there any particularly decent servers or is it not like that these days ? :eek:

Planning on checking out Tribes Ascend later :D Miss T2 so much.

Do people still play Natural Selection ?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
mp_007.jpg
fsfa.org #2 Caspian 24/7 ||1000 tickets is prob my fav atm always full no ass bandits usually

Yaka

Part of the furniture
mainly cod mw3, theres always someone i know playing it, deathace,rigs,thod etc easy to pick up fora quick blast. but twats with aimbots are getting annoying

bf3 is epic but only if i got some one my firinds list playing, its much more immense if there is a group of us playing it tho. its great but i only play it when i have a few hours spare if i havent then its cod

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yeah, add it up anyway I like, I still play cod far more. It's much smoother than BF3 too, and that cant just be down to the age of the game, to me it's much smootherthan CSS too, and that makes 300 fps capped on my pc.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I prefer BF because I prefer to play a filthy sniper on the large open maps. Though playing assault or support can be excellent fun on Metro 32v32.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Battlefield when I'm playing with mates, CoD if I'm going solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom