Question Dota 2 Sniper builds?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
For those of you who play Dota 2 and use Sniper, what's your go to build and ability progression? I'm pretty aggressive and will generally go mid with Sniper.

First point goes into Shrapnel. Useful for harassing the enemy and keeping them away from the creeps, while also whittling down the health of the creeps.
Second point goes into take aim for that sweet, sweet range bonus. Also useful for harassing and makes up somewhat for Snipers absymal base movement speed.
Third point goes into take aim as well.
Fourth is headshot.
Fifith is take aim.
Sixth is obviously assassinate.
From there till level 10 I max out take aim and headshot.
With the side tree, I choose +15 Damage - +30 attack speed - +24 shrapnel DPS - +100 attack range.

As for items. I start with Power treads and usually pick gloves of haste first for the early attack speed.
Next item is almost always Shadow Blade, this is great for survivability, attack speed and damage.
Next item is maelstrom. The damage bonus and chain lightning make farming creeps a doddle and really helps in team fights.
I'll then go for Vladimir's Offering for the lifesteal and mana regen. Means I can stand and fight against single melee opponents.
I'll then upgrade Maelstrom to Mjolnir for that massive attack speed boost.
Next is usually Desolator. the damage boost is always nice and the Corruption passive is pure murder.
BUTTERFLY!

Neutral item is always Grove Bow if I can get it.

End game I can usually hold my own against the whole enemy team and while it might be seen as a bit of a dick move, I like to use Shrapnel for line of sight and kill them in their own fountain.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Force staff into hurricane pike is better than shadowblade and the stats are sick, it costs 50 gold to kill you, it's worth it.

Vlads is a bit weird.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Force staff into hurricane pike is better than shadowblade and the stats are sick, it costs 50 gold to kill you, it's worth it.

Vlads is a bit weird.

Nah I prefer Shadow Blade, far more survivability. Why is Vlads weird? Any item that lets you stand and fight when you get ambushed is always a good thing. I've been experimenting with changing Vlads for just Morbid Mask and getting Satanic later. Also with forgoing Butterfly/Desolator for Black King Bar. Shadow blade into the middle of a group of enemy hero's, pop BKB, which makes you immune to all spell based disables, pop Satanic and go to town.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Nah I prefer Shadow Blade, far more survivability. Why is Vlads weird? Any item that lets you stand and fight when you get ambushed is always a good thing. I've been experimenting with changing Vlads for just Morbid Mask and getting Satanic later. Also with forgoing Butterfly/Desolator for Black King Bar. Shadow blade into the middle of a group of enemy hero's, pop BKB, which makes you immune to all spell based disables, pop Satanic and go to town.

Tbh if you're playing sniper you shouldn't be anywhere near the enemy.

Vlads is a support/offlane item - the stats aren't great but the aura is, it's just a wasted item on a core imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom