Best PvE char?

L

living

What char wuld be the best PvE char soloing mostly?
Of all realms not included SI cuz of the bonedancer wuld prolly be it.

S

SilverHood

Shield specced Paladin in alb, Skald in midgard, not sure about hib

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by SilverHood
Shield specced Paladin in alb
Do you get defense penelty when you are not in combat? Seems easier to land slam on them when they are twisting chants.

S

SilverHood

dunno

I usually die to 1H pallies

They just block / parry so much, that when I finally get them down to killable hp, my self buffs run out.

this is PvE Faf, stop going off topic

F

Fafnir

Ok pve. what i've seen of skalds they are not that good at pve, shieldspec thane are far better in my opinion. Was in spindel farming trollkarls alongside a lvl 50 skald, yes he killed a bit faster, but he had to rest longer due to more damage taken. So by the time i had killed 25 trollkarls he had killed 20. MoB with MoP on a thane is so nice in pve. And shieldspec helps a lot when you the mobs baf. Pity thanes only use medium, large would help us futher in pve. But a fully buffed kobbie warrior is nice.

I

ignore

Believe me shield spec paladins by miles :)
Since endurance chant i never heard the word downtime again, chainkilling oranges without losing end or health. :clap:

L

living

In midgard, if ur 50 my zerk is doing fine really.. killing better than most thanes as long they dont add :) But i wuld like to have something better ^^

S

SilverHood

yeah, skalds are niver at higher levels, but at lower levels, Thane block rate is abysmal due to low dex. A Skald will be able to xp faster, kill tasking faster to 20, etc, and will be desired in groups as well.

K

Keri

Necromancers are currently the fastest to level in PvE as a solo class. Valewalkers do pretty well too .. I have solo'd a red at lvl 30 ... with mana regen I chainpull yellows, and oranges are no problem at all. Evade 3, Dodger 2 and AQ2 are a big help.

S

SFXman

Friars are quite fabulous at soloing, if you actually solo at the higher levels that is.
Downtime is pretty much non-existent with end regen, end cost reduce and heals :)

M

Mr TNT

skalds r poor pve tbh.... (great rvr) they get a bit better with 1.60 is it? where the cost of dd mezz etc is lowed....
My zerk is much better for pve

i would say shield spec is best for pve in my option that is:)

L

living

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only because you mistakenly thought bonedancers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya thats true.. i meant Necromancers :) With their mana leeching ^^

B

Belsameth

my Aug/Void Shaman is pretty mean at soloing too.
yellow/low orange is usually np

N

-Nxs-

Paladins are the best PvE class........ but i'd say only for grouping... Cabbys seam to be the best and fastest for solo leveling in PvE.

A

Armolas

I think all 3 pet classes are best for soloing, probably because in 1 char you get a tank and a caster, so you are effectively a small group anyway.

So Enchanter / Spiritmaster / Cabalist.

Aside from that, in Hib the best is probably the nature druid as exemplified by motorhead et al, you get a dot, scale, pet that is not too bad until level 40 or so, root, buffs and insta heals. Friars and sorcs are probably 2nd in albion, dunno about mid (skald perhaps).

H

hrorvaig

in midgard i have to say warriors. Can take on several yellow- orange mobs at the same time without any bigger risks. Spent some time today farming yetis in dodens, and most of them con red and i managed to do them with very little downtime. And that is with a troll warrior without any buffs whatsoever, imagine what a kobold warrior with a buffbot can do :)

C

CliffyG

I find my scout really good at solo'ing, aswell as my friar although the scout it is only low level, not sure how that translates across to higher levels. It can 3-4 hit oranges with player crafted arrows although if i get into melee i find myself losing about 50% of its life. Whereas my friar can pretty much chain yellows with relatively small downtime, can also take low oranges.

O

old.job

Mana chanter, you hit your cap on reds usually, Mana chanter can kill multiple mobs, with pbaoe, xp rolls in.

O

old.Kladen

druids are reall good pve group, they are ofcourse good in groups and if you spec half regrowth half nature affinty you can solo with no downtime (with mcl) and faster than a pure tank.

S

StormriderX

Mana chanter > all for mob farming purposes.

B

Brannor McThife

Ok... taking SI classes into account.

Supp Bonedancer can solo up to red at L50...if he tanks, and gets few resists. Other classes can do this as well - enchanter, etc.

My SI paladin, can take down high red Lich Lord's (sometimes purple) that use lifesteal, DoT's, debuffs, etc. And still walk away at 100% after a fight.

There is NO class, that can solo against reds, as well as a defensive paladin, with the least amount of DT. No other tank, can regen it's own endurance, and heal itself in combat like the paladin does. Fine, they may take a while, but they're good at what they do. 2 L50 Paladins, buffed, took down 2 Level 70 Drakorans, and walked away perfectly fine after the fight.

Paladin trick #114: Using Heal Chant - As the tick happens, twist to another chant (or through the full set) and back again quickly for a "double" heal.

Necro's are great against yellow/orange undead. 0 DT. All other classes need to regen power in some way.

-G

A

Armalite

<sight>
I wrote a great deal on this but managed to press 'escape'.

To cut it short,
best PvE: Dark Specced SM

Downtime basically depend on the mob you are fighting for all classes; You want to have bonus against it, and the mob to have penalty against you.

Spellcasting mob can be interupted and have less hits.

/em did not press Escape this time

R

Roo Stercogburn

Midgard currently:

Best class solo PvE: Tossup between summoning and dark spec SM. Both are evil in PvE for different reasons. Summoning has edge for non-social mobs which you can then chain. Dark spec you can solo groups of social mobs more easily for ridiculous xp.
Summoning spec can switch on damage shield but then the pressure is on to make sure you don't heal for more than you are damaging, or you get agro from lots of mobs, and also you got to make sure you heal enough so pet doesn't die. Because shield is focus, you can't do anything else - even casting an insta interupts shield. Summoning spec possibly better for groups of green/blue con mobs, dark spec for yellow.

Once you get MCL after some time in Thid, you don't have a whole heap of downtime the rest of your way to 50.

Group friendly PvE, best class (arguably, and remember all classes depend on each other) is again the SM. This time supression spec. Outrageous damage output for groups that know how to take advantage of it and most are learning now.

Yeh yeh, I know I'm biased to SMs but its the class solo (until bone dancers) that is least prone to agro due to an enormous bag of tricks and anyone who has solo'd a lot knows you have to take this into account: you have no safety net when you are hunting the good xp and neutral mobs are not always suitable.

I'm looking forward to Bone Dancer. Haven't decided what spec though.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Ok... taking SI classes into account.

Supp Bonedancer can solo up to red at L50...if he tanks, and gets few resists. Other classes can do this as well - enchanter, etc.

My SI paladin, can take down high red Lich Lord's (sometimes purple) that use lifesteal, DoT's, debuffs, etc. And still walk away at 100% after a fight.

There is NO class, that can solo against reds, as well as a defensive paladin, with the least amount of DT. No other tank, can regen it's own endurance, and heal itself in combat like the paladin does. Fine, they may take a while, but they're good at what they do. 2 L50 Paladins, buffed, took down 2 Level 70 Drakorans, and walked away perfectly fine after the fight.

Paladin trick #114: Using Heal Chant - As the tick happens, twist to another chant (or through the full set) and back again quickly for a "double" heal.

-G

what -G said

C

Cush

Originally posted by Brannor McThife

Supp Bonedancer can solo up to red at L50

Well a shaman kan solo a red con aswell aslong they are given some room to move in. A purple con should not be impossible aswell

B

Brannor McThife

Cush...you left out the bit about "...if he tanks..."

A CASTER! TANKING?!? What a load of BS. I made a L50 Supp-BD in testing. Bought arb DF crap. Ran down to Umbrood Warriors (ok, tested it on green/blue/yellow/orange, and then the Umbrood). I got 50% resists, lost all 3 pets, but still kill the Umbrood Warrior. With Serenity/MCL, it'd be easy, as well as better eq.

That's BS. NO FEKKING MAGE SHOULD EVER tank. Geez. Throw warriors in the trash. Just make a supp BD for tanking... :rolleyes:

But, in the end, they still need DT. And killing reds is really only for the ego. Killing oranges fast, with low-to-no DT, is really done best by Necro's.

-G

D

Danya

Minstrels can takes reds and purps in PvE... we're still gimps though. :p

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by living
What char wuld be the best PvE char soloing mostly?
Of all realms not included SI cuz of the bonedancer wuld prolly be it.

Thuergist are very strong, wind thuergist just destroy undead mobs and get very few resists against all of Albions mobs. Get serenity2 and MCL and your downtime is almost nil. You also have a class that groups want and need so the exp bar never stops moving.

Users who are viewing this thread