Undeleted Char

N

NeonBlue

My son deleted 1 of my chars recently by mistake...so i sent into RightNow asking if they could "undelete" it.

i got an email Monday morning saying the character had been restored.

Great news i thought...but yet my character does not appear on my char selection screen.

Does anyone know how i can access my character? or is there a period of time once a character has been restored before it appears on the server again ?

Ive written into RightNow asking how i can gain access to my char...but suprise suprise no reply !

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter

V

vindicat0r

Always sad to hear a character that somebody puts alot of time into get's delete'd :/. They must not have actually restored it then, perhap's they are so busy atm with all these wrong-email quiry's that you are bottom of the list :(

Just try mail them again mate :(

H

hiban

:(

Thought about sending the son to Right Now? :)

Keep spamming them with mails untill they fix it imo... If they said its fixed, it better be/get fixed as well.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by hiban
Keep spamming them with mails untill they fix it imo... If they said its fixed, it better be/get fixed as well.
Or not. Is it any wonder they take so long if they have to look through 5 emails from the same person? :p

H

hiban

Originally posted by Coim-
Or not. Is it any wonder they take so long if they have to look through 5 emails from the same person? :p

Duuuh! They have to learn to read faster ofc!

:p

N

NeonBlue

see if you can work this out because i sure cant...3 strange things (well seem to be strange to me)

1) If i create another char with the same name as the 1 that is supposedly restored on 1 account....it WILL let me...which to me seems that my orginal char hasnt been restored !

2) But if i create the char with same name on my 2nd account if comes up with " you have chosen a duplicate name please chose another" Which suggests my char HAS been restored or someone else is using the name !!

3) On the chronicles if i check whether my char is listed there...he is..and according to the date at the bottom of the list...its todays date. So am presuming the chronicles are working again and are upto date,because an armsman i created on Monday this week to pass the time is listed there also.

If this is the case then according to them my char is still around somewhere but yet i cant acces him !!

Not only did i email them back on Monday & yesterday asking where my char was and how do i access him (with no reply as yet) but with these other things ive come across am getting very annoyed & frustrated !!

Is it me...or do things not quite add up here??

C

Cush

Maybe you should ask them to restore the char insted of undeleting it?

L

liste

tip of advice: DONT create a new character in the character slot that your deleted wossname was in. that will prevent a restore.

RightNow is overloaded at the moment, im sure they'll take care of the problem

V

Vell

Originally posted by NeonBlue

1) If i create another char with the same name as the 1 that is supposedly restored on 1 account....it WILL let me...which to me seems that my orginal char hasnt been restored !

I would have thought that doing this has messed it up good and proper tbh....

T

tripitaka

If you create a char with the same name in the same slot - , then no chance of a restore of your previous character.... as said above.

ALSO, if you create more than 3 new characters, i think it is, they can't restore either.

O

old.TeaSpoon

Originally posted by liste
tip of advice: DONT create a new character in the character slot that your deleted wossname was in. that will prevent a restore.

That makes one of us :)

O

old.Belorfyn

3) On the chronicles if i check whether my char is listed there...he is..and according to the date at the bottom of the list...its todays date. So am presuming the chronicles are working again and are upto date,because an armsman i created on Monday this week to pass the time is listed there also.

I don't know much about character deletion/restoration but I know some about chronicles: do not trust what Chronicles tells you!
Chronicles does not handle deleted characters correctly and they hang around for long time.
Even if you create new character with same name, the old one stays there for long.

I really hope you can still get it back.

N

NeonBlue

Originally posted by Cush
Maybe you should ask them to restore the char insted of undeleting it?

i did ask them to restore it...and if u read my posts properly you would see that the reply i got was " The character had been RESTORED"

N

NeonBlue

Originally posted by Vell
I would have thought that doing this has messed it up good and proper tbh....

I only went as far as the menu for ur start location for the character ...i NEVER actually finalised the creation...was just testing out the name ...and this was AFTER they told me the charcter had been restored!

N

NeonBlue

Originally posted by tripitaka
If you create a char with the same name in the same slot - , then no chance of a restore of your previous character.... as said above.

ALSO, if you create more than 3 new characters, i think it is, they can't restore either.

ive got 2 accounts...both with only 1 char each on..with different names in different slots

F

frogster

Just a quick note on name duplication

If you create a char in a slot, that name is registered as taken by you to the server.
If you delete that character and dont over write it with another that name is still taken by your account.
I found this out when reserving a name for someone recently.

N

NeonBlue

thanks for all the advice guys...sorry if i seem "off"...am just really frustrated...to be told that my char has been restored but yet hes nowhere to been seen !

I was presuming if he had been restored he would be back in my character selection screen...but he aint...so i guess am just thinking he aint been restored and they are just giving me the run-around.

Would of been better instead of sending me an email saying " Your character "xxxx" has been restored"..actually saying "Your character "xxx" has been restored and will be accessible from this date" etc.

N

NeonBlue

Originally posted by frogster
Just a quick note on name duplication

If you create a char in a slot, that name is registered as taken by you to the server.
If you delete that character and dont over write it with another that name is still taken by your account.
I found this out when reserving a name for someone recently.

ok so going on the info you provided....your saying if you chose a name and delete the character at some later point..but dont use the slot again for ur new char...the name will still belong to you on the account you created the orginal?

If thats say so...it still doesnt add up...the character that has been deleted was on account 2 in slot 1...the only other char i have on that account is in slot 2 with a totally different name..but if as ive said previous try and make another char in slot 1 with the same name as the deleted char when it does name check...it will let me us the name...so therefore ur theory doesnt work/add up???

or am i missing something?

S

scarffs

They can almost always restore imo.
Lochlyessa is still around, and according to her story her char was deleted and recreated multiple times to ensure the loss.
Apparently its been restored.
Dont know any details on this though...

O

old.Tohtori

My son deleted 1 of my chars recently by mistake...so i sent into RightNow asking if they could "undelete" it.

Yeah yeah and your dog ate your homework. What next? Your wife accidently bonked the mailman? Your car, by some freak act of nature, was speeding at 180kph down the freeway?

I just don't get the "accident" of selecting a char, pressing delete, typing yes and then pressing yes on the popup.

Unless you told your son: "Delete the second one from the top" and didn't watch over it. :D

N

NeonBlue

Re: Re: Undeleted Char

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Yeah yeah and your dog ate your homework. What next? Your wife accidently bonked the mailman? Your car, by some freak act of nature, was speeding at 180kph down the freeway?

I just don't get the "accident" of selecting a char, pressing delete, typing yes and then pressing yes on the popup.

Unless you told your son: "Delete the second one from the top" and didn't watch over it. :D

hmmm i dont have a dog

hmmm too old for homework

hmmm dont have a wife or a milkman

hmmm dont have a car

hmm dont have freeways

always someone on these forums...who has to come out with what they think is a "witty" reply...when someone is asking for info or help.

and for the record my son plays Doac too..and he was suppose to delete 1 of his chars which was in the slot below mine...but instead clicked on mine..and didnt watch what he was doing when he typed in yes..and clicked yes

ive played Doac since it came out in the UK nearly 2yrs...i always look into char specs before i choose my char and have my spec worked out...so i know within the 1st few lvls whether am gonna keep a char or not...so deleting is not something i do after lvl24...coz i know by then if am keeping the char or not...and the char ive asked to be restored is long past lvl 24 !

O

old.Tohtori

hmmm why do people come to whine on boards when it helps squat.

hmmm what should i eat today

hmmm this hmmm thing is more of "witty" comment for sure

Maybe you take comments too seriously. Chiiill. No offense. Bygones. Didn't mean to bust your chops. :p

Still...should teach your kid to pay attention to what he's doing :D

I

ideefix

Originally posted by liste

Lol thats the joke of the week

N

naetha

I deleted my paladin at level 47 by mistake :doh: and asked for it to be restored, thankfully 24 hours later it was back, however, the name wasn't taken, and somebody else managed to start a char called Chara as well.

I still have no idea how it works or anything, just thought I'd tell you that nice and not very interesting story ;)

N

NeonBlue

Originally posted by naetha
I deleted my paladin at level 47 by mistake :doh: and asked for it to be restored, thankfully 24 hours later it was back, however, the name wasn't taken, and somebody else managed to start a char called Chara as well.

I still have no idea how it works or anything, just thought I'd tell you that nice and not very interesting story ;)

am presuming it was back on ur character selection screen?
or did u have to access it some other way ?

T

tripitaka

ive got 2 accounts...both with only 1 char each on..with different names in different slots

I meant in the same slot...

N

NeonBlue

ahh well thanks for the advice/warning...

am still waiting to hear from GOA about where the hell my char is....yet they are replying to others things ive written in about within 1 day :(

O

old.Tohtori

yet they are replying to others things ive written in about within 1 day :(

heh...and just how many things you send them/day? :p

Maybe there within lies the problem.

N

NeonBlue

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
heh...and just how many things you send them/day? :p

Maybe there within lies the problem.

i sent 2 other things in AFTER they told me my char was restored....those 2 other things were solved and sorted the next day....so its not like am flooding right now.

I just find it strange that the 2 other problems were sorted the day after..but yet 4 days later and am still waiting to hear where my char is !

Users who are viewing this thread