Str/Con Debuff and PVE

Y

ydraliskos

Can someone explain to me why, when, in PVE, I str/con debuff a monster, my nuke (energy) damage increases?
Normally the con. debuff would lessen the monsters hitpoints, but why does it increase my dmg?
Example with a naburite drinker, the same drinker, I nuke it 4 times in a row for 430 dmg , and after the debuff, 500+ (numbers are not exactly correct)

S

Shrye

It's because CON doesn't affect hitpoints for NPC's, but their absorb rate. When you debuff, you reduce that absorb rate, hence your damage increases.

AFAIK

I

inqy

I've noticed this also. I always str/con debuff before pbaoe now :D

O

old.Gromnir

I wonderered about this myself and thought that it might be that when you debuff con on a mob in PvE then ist your damage that "incress" and not the mobs hitpoints that are lowered.

Sounds alittle far fetched I know ;)

S

Sarnat

Absorb does affect nukes, but only on monsters. Any good supp SM knows that str/con debuff just before your first pbae can help a lot for example in malmo.

B

Balbor

its also works the other way around, give your pet a Con buff and it increases there absorb rate

O

old.Lianuchta

Yeah Str/Con debuff is a nice one to pop on the mobs before running into PBAE, I always do it with my Eld. I hit the average Warshade (high red, low purp to 50, energy sensitive) for about 550 without debuff and for about 700 with. Disease helps as well to reduce the damage mobs do as it's another Str debuff. And as far i know the Eclipse baseline Str debuff stacks with the other 2 - so that would Starting STR - 72 -45 -whatever disease does (think it's about 50). You start noticing the effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom