Best PC Single Player Games?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I found the monk to be a really good BG2 char. You could basically keep him at the front doing all the main char shit and fight letting the other fellas do their bit and only pausing on the really tough stuff.

the Monk is horrific in PnP and in BG etc, immunities up the wazoo, whats not to love, as long as you can get to about lvl 15

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Blade was easily the most powerful BG2 character I've played, did a solo 'hardest' difficulty runthrough, was so easy. Monk was a close second tbh.

Mabs

not tried this Big World thing before :D

/goes off to re-download BG 1 + 2 from GoG

i shall fight with it and see what occurs :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
it literally took me a whole day to install, maybe because I was at work when I had to press enter to continue or something, but from what I saw, it was a mammoth install. Definately worth it though, ramps the difficulty up :)

Mabs

2.8 gig downloaded, installing it now, will see what happens :)

Mabs

taking a bastard of a long time to try to unpack itself, noto sure if its borked
will leave it a while and see

pikeh

Resident Freddy
taking a bastard of a long time to try to unpack itself, noto sure if its borked
will leave it a while and see

It's not borked, it takes AGES.

Have fun xD the worse thing is you can't even play BG to waste the time! haha :p

Mabs

its been "copying 1 file..." for nearly 3 hours now, part of Baldurs Gate Trilogy - Core :\

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Hmm, I'm not sure then. Do you risk cancelling it though and possibly wasting all that time? It's a bit of a bitch to handle as well if you have to cancel through installation. Good luck!

Mabs

i cancelled it, saved the DLs, and went with the "Standard" rather than the one up from it
will see how it goes this time. Get about 2mb/s on this line so its not a major prob... as long as it works in the end :D

Mabs

had a mate at uni used to do a LOT of bg2 moding. used to do the PVP stuff. people had all sorts of immunity scripts and insta-kill-on-spawn and shit, was mental.
he developed a char that had -1 health, so if you reduced it, it just went further from zero.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Now I got the Tutu working :) I been messing about with some characters :) At the moment I'm trying out a Paladin Level 3 Lawful Good.

I remember playing way back the Baldur's Gate 2 and I started with a Thief and I remember that being the best for story line. I think I stopped playing after I joined the Thieve's Guild and turned into a Vampire... very good memories :)

I think im gonna try lots of different characters on this :) my stats for the Paladin are:

18/85 str
18 dex
18 con
10 int
13 wis
17 cha

Am I right in that the Tutu has Baldur's Gate 1+expansion and BG 2+ expansion within Tutu? If so, I cant wait to get onto the BG2 stuff... hell of alot better than bg1 stuff, hehe

Mabs

How did the install go Mabs?

got it all isntalled and working, only pootled around a bit to make sure its ok

getting annoying flickering when i move camera around though, tried Vsync and its still doing it :(

might be widescreen mod only prob, running it 1920x1080 :lol:

Mabs

fixed it, set it to use 3D acceleration in the setup program. normally dont with things with old cos its normally worse than before.
but now thats working, its flawless, loving it :D

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I think the easiest time I had in BG2 was with the Inquisitor (Paladin). Preferred party: Me, Edwin, Viconia, Korgan, Jan, Minsc.

Play with the mod that stops party members from getting pissed off with eachother and leaving :)

Mabs

i often play solo multiplayer
diy party etc ; warr, mage, mage, rogue, cleric, cleric :p

for vista + 7 you have to do "create game" or "load game" in a window or it crashes for some odd reason so i havent bothered recently, fiddly alt-enter-ing all the time

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
If you do custom party, start it in multi and once you've got a save file manually move the save to the single player saves folder. Means you can skip all the ticking ready when you reload.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
man why is deus ex so crashy with SLI run it in none sli mode and it runs fine

Mabs

If you do custom party, start it in multi and once you've got a save file manually move the save to the single player saves folder. Means you can skip all the ticking ready when you reload.

didnt know that, ta :D

Mabs

man why is deus ex so crashy with SLI run it in none sli mode and it runs fine

this the new one ?
if so, its cos its really buggy, for some people, unfortunately

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yep just been reading up on it, bugger that looks figging stunning all maxed out tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom