Best PC Single Player Games?

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I'm looking to kill a bit of time this week with the comfort of pc gaming!

What are the best / longest single player games you can think of which i'll be easily able to go and purchase from store/download ?!

Any type of game will do I'll probably sample a few! :>

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thread moved to correct forum.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
oldies or new games?

longest i can think of is probably Baldurs gate 1 & 2 + expansions

Aada

Part of the furniture
Dragon Age Origins will last you 40+ hours easily that's just doing the campaign then the expansions will add another 10-20 hours on top.

One of the very best games.

Or if you want something with more action you can't go wrong with Mass Effect either :)

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Thread moved to correct forum.

cheers hadn't even seen there was a PC gaming forum :)

A few people have said Baldurs gate is pretty good.. I've never really played anything except for the usual games Half Life etc + Quake etc and ofcourse Max Payne / Unreal series.

Only rpg that wasn't online I played was Dungeon Siege 1 - which i quite enjoyed

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
If you liked Dungeon Siege then I guess you should like Dungeon Siege 2. I did :)

The Witcher 1 + 2 are awesome. Baldur's Gate 2 is probably my favourite ever PC game.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
dragon age 1, either mas effect - steam

baldurs gate 1 + 2 are long aswell - GoG

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Mass Effect is OK, though, personally I don't think its as good as its hyped.

The Witcher...though it's a bit marmite, some people hate it, some love it. I loved it. not got around to playing the 2nd one yet.

Batman arkham asylum, really cheap now.

Minecraft! though better online ofc. In the single player you can "cheat" and create all the items, gives you a bit more freedom.

Fallout 3. Either will do, though New vegas is better imo, standard fallout 3 is still a great game though imo. Plenty of mods for each to extend their lifespans.

I quite liked the CoD single players as quick action games, you wont get more than 5 hours out of any of them but personally I quite enjoyed them.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Oblivion is fairly shite to be fair, it's a console game through and through and even with gigabytes of mods it's still fairly weak.

I'd recommend Morrowind instead.

What are the bestmorrowind mods to look for if your looking at playing it now then?

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Aye Oblivion is also a gem and probably gonna play it myself again before Skyrim is out :)

I've never actually played oblivion, might have to give it a go. Best on PC or console?

Aada

Part of the furniture
I've never actually played oblivion, might have to give it a go. Best on PC or console?

I played it on the 360 no idea for the PC, loved it.

Skyrim can't come soon enough.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Half-life 2 gameplay doesn't hold up imo (read note at bottom), but it was a great game and (iirc) it's not as short as most FPS games. Some great weapons too.

(note) I am one of the few (?) gamers who don't rate Valve that highly. HL, HL2 and Portal were good, but TF2 is shit/unbalanced, Portal 2 bored the fuck out of me, and L4D was decidedly average.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
If you missed Batman: Arkham Asylum, now is the time.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Planescape: Torment if you don't mind playing a game that is donkeys years old. As I was poorly last year I have only just got round to playing Starcraft II -- enjoyable single player game and story with plenty of replayability to get perfect scores.

Just a shame the ending was so naff :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Total war, shogun 2 is the latest installment. That baby eats up time

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Borderlands (do all the quests aswell)

Batman Arkham Asylum

Fallout 3 / New Vegas

Terraria

Minecraft

Civilization IV

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd support terraria, minecraft, fallout 3/vegas too as games that spend a lot of time. Didn't like fallout 3 as much as i did Vegas and mods do make it a whole new(read better) game still.

Minecraft, well, it's minecraft :p

Have a fine community on it, so no need to play alone when you can as easily solo with buddies ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Far better on PC, as is any game like this. For starters it looks better on the PC, then there is the legion of mods, updated textures, extra quests, NPCs, buildings etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom