Belkin Wireless ADSL router + Daoc

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Ok this is a bit of a weird one since I can't explain why the hell this would happen but here goes:

Right, finally got DSL in my student house and bought a Belkin wireless dsl router to share it out to everyone. Things are fine, everything works, everyone has connectivity etc. Games and things like CS/starcraft/quake3 are all fine playing over the net or over the wireless lan.

The problem comes if I want to play daoc. Every time without fail If i play daoc over the net the router will crash within 20-30 mins of playing.

Nothing else seems to cause the router to crash, I didn't play daoc yesturday at all and the router was fine all day and all night (even with me playing other online games like UT/CS/Starcraft on battle.net etc) and with downloading via P2P - all no problem. Then today i load up daoc, play for about 30 mins and bang router crash. I reset it, load up daoc etc - 20 mins later bang router crash. I stop playing daoc and play some q3 instead and friends are downloading on kazaa etc, no problems for about 5 hours until I load up daoc again and try it and bang 10 mins later router crashes.

Anyone got any idea what this could be / if anything can be done to stop it?

rayzor

Fledgling Freddie
hmm sounds very odd, i have a belkin wireless router with modem and i have no problem with daoc on any of the pc's on the network, and i never have.
try latest firmware maybe or try the customer support, its pretty good i've found (if you can understand the accents ;) )

Holt

Fledgling Freddie
Had a similar problem myself with a certain version of daoc, can't remember which, and also we didn't use a router at the time, just a network with a laptop always on acting like a router... Anyways whenever I played daoc it would just disconnect the internet, never did figure out why, tried connecting directly from my computer using the modem we had but that didn't help.

Not much help I know, but as a possible glimmer of hope, the problem just sorta went away with the next patch

Runimatrix

Fledgling Freddie
i have belkin wireless also n i have found no troubles really with the only thing i find bad about it is that i am the furthest person away from the router and therefore i get the worst ping, sometimes my little box is red n i cant get a signal never alone play daoc on like 1mbps well hope it helped.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Belkin = utter bullshit moo, my router does the same with emule, its fucking annoying. If we had another router id gladly take a large blunt object to the current piece of shite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom