Beaten badly

O

old.Hellskor

true, mixed it up with Mid/Chain, still a 10% damage bonus above SBs.

S

Stinko

Originally posted by panzer_ulv
Come on...seen buffed Warriors having trouble beating buffed infs. And that with support heal from the shaman who buffed them.

Sb's have been brought down. Now we are waiting for either an up for us, or....well. Go figure.

That is so true. It was me he were watching.
I´ve never really fought a infil (since I play a support class - shaman) and I´ve for long thougt SBs just talked bull when saying Infs can take most classes at will.
But after that run when I (37 aug, 4 mend, 39 cave. +14 with SC) and a 50 weap 50 shield spec warrior barely won over a inf... Infs are sooo overpowered.

The warrior was even forced to use IP and I used my entire powerbar just to keep him alive (healing from 150-350).....

Geezzzz..

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by panzer_ulv
Just got nailed to the floor by an RR3 inf. I hit for 80, and in return i got 160.

Well the diff in your damage is fairly easily explained by a couple of cumulative factors:

damage type, you're neutral on her, and you think she's slash so 10% bonus on you.

relics, she's got 10% bonus..

(yes I know those 2 were said already)

And most importantly, she's probably buffbotted so has a cleric af buff which is the equivalent of avoid pain 2. so a large reduction in your damage on her again. (see link for details)

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77607

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by old.Hellskor
My Doublefrost Cap pre-nerf was 350dmg, maybe someone could post what's Amy-Slash cap is now ?
preferably with the 44-50 specc most infils have ... not some mincer with his 30slash ;)

Cap on my slash inf before i respecced using a 4.1 spd bastard sword was

321 with Amy Slash
373 with Diamond Slash

Thats with 50+13 Slash ofc

1 Amy/Dia combo uses the same end as one doublefrost.

A

araudry

Originally posted by Groborthir
They can't take my BD. :)

haha u are so funny :)
i remember when i killed u at amg there was 3fgs+ mids camping and none noticed me killing u :p

T

Talen

Originally posted by old.Emma
Wait till next patch then.

When you get the new 3.9 spd Thrust weapons. Then you`ll be seeing 220-250 vs thrust neutral armour easily.

Have a screen shoot someone where of Yrodable rr7L8 mercfil in the US hitting an rr8 Ranger for 294 Mainhand, 148 offhand (yes he was buffed, yes they have all 3 str relics).

all 3 str relics = not hard to get close to cap damage on styles, DS cap with that weapon is prollt around 320-330 or something ;P
Strange that he had 148 offhand cap though as the longdirk caps at 147 afaik. (and not using the longdirk if there is a new offhand weapon which is slower and 16.5 is just stupid anyway if that guy would know how DW works) :p

T

Talen

Originally posted by Juiliet
Hmm, nobody seems to fear slash infils, im slash, wanna feel my 10% bonus against sb leather? :)
Got more life than the saracens too, come take on my 1899 buffed hps.
Amethyst Slash for anytime style with high to-hit to get past evade 7 easy.
4.1 spd bastard sword as PA weapon.
Higher growth rate on every one of the styles for more actual damage.

Higher growth rate on what if I may ask?

Your anytimers got a style growth rate of 0.62 and 0.92 (or whatever) while garrote is at 0.95 and AH at 1.15 (At least my infil got something like that with 50+17 CS) which a thrust infil would be using (if they aren't stupid and uses tranq/wyvernfang which quite bluntly said sucks.). Your style after evade will still be only hamstring combo instead of dragonfang + hamstring + hamstring + hamstring and then the entire evade combo. :p

J

Jenkz

a low realm rank buffshade raped my fully buffed 1800 hp (with "OMG AVOID PAIN 2" cleric AF buff) minstrel in no time :p

they have 20% conc-based haste, NERF DRUIDS!!!! they make classes do 20% more damage!!

i would agree certain infils specs need toning down some, seeing some of the screens of obscene damage lately) however my unbuffed RR1 infi gets prawned constantly, so i dont see the problem there. (did 15% damage to a skald AND got DF off near end of my time, just before it and its shammy mate wiped the floor with my newbness

this seems more an issue of buffbotted infils, same as the pre 1.62 buffbotted SZ problem :eek:

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by Jenkz
this seems more an issue of buffbotted infils, same as the pre 1.62 buffbotted SZ problem :eek:

who cares ? the nerfbat didn't stop in front of the non-SZ either.

A

Azal

Originally posted by Lorath
i'll dig up screenie's from a SB ( Unity ) saw them around here as well..

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carlos.bananos/daoc/2shot larzuk.jpg

etc etc

think they had all str relics back then..dunno

Shouldnt have been able to hit so hard anyway

Looking at the dmg being done that opponent was sitting down and had god awful resists too. Or it was a caster without AF buff up. Either way it's not a representative screenshot showing normal damage.

P

pincer

Cant be sitting down as he hit back, and was using gauche & stilleto which is...infil?

In the process of respeccing my SB to critblade just for the crack of it but reading this made me not want to even bother :)

J

Jenkz

who cares ? the nerfbat didn't stop in front of the non-SZ either.

it didnt? ...

you lost an end regain buff, which you can still get with alchy potions.

remind me how else SBs were decreased in effectivity apart from LA and shaman end regain?

imo. move cleric spec AF + druid spec haste to ranged-conc based like shaman endregen buff and then address SB/NS/Inf balance again.

A

Azal

Originally posted by pincer
Cant be sitting down as he hit back, and was using gauche & stilleto which is...infil?

In the process of respeccing my SB to critblade just for the crack of it but reading this made me not want to even bother :)

ah true I missed that bit. Well the resists still look very, very low which goes a long way towards a lot more dmg

O

old.Hellskor

it didnt? ...

you lost an end regain buff, which you can still get with alchy potions.

remind me how else SBs were decreased in effectivity apart from LA and shaman end regain?

imo. move cleric spec AF + druid spec haste to ranged-conc based like shaman endregen buff and then address SB/NS/Inf balance again.

Guess you never heard of the LA -Penality-, right ?

You haven't heard, that the WS for the offhand is based solely on the LA specc either, or did you ?

So the "Growth Rate" is equal, just that a SB has only 62.5% Base damage at 1LA specc. Offhand will hit about as often as an unspecced weapon, which it is in that case.

Or how about no Str/Dex weapon ?

LA was maybe too powerful on Zerks, but for stealthers it balanced the battlefield.

SBs hit as hard as NS now, just with a far higher impact of Str/Con debuffs and without those fancy RAs like WA/AP/Viper.

L

Lorath

Arrogant, well thats mids

Helt snurriga i pallet

LA is fine now

end of story

And Larzuk aint a caster with shields down , he's an infil
Been hit for 200-300 from SBs "pre1.62" Chain user with 26% + slash resists ( they were buffed yes )

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by Lorath
Arrogant, well thats mids

Helt snurriga i pallet

LA is fine now

end of story

And Larzuk aint a caster with shields down , he's an infil
Been hit for 200-300 from SBs "pre1.62" Chain user with 26% + slash resists ( they were buffed yes )

...and infils hitting for 400+ damage total when they get weapons with a similar delay is 'balanced' I guess ?

oh btw, had a NS sit down after I kicked him out of stealth, hit him for an impressive 250dmg while fully buffed.

K

kaine_1

To be honest, after spending nearly a year running from just about -every- sb I came across while playing my stealther, Im quite surprised to hear you all complain

Respec out of LA if you feel its so bad its not worth investing points in, or whine to someone who cares

Your a victim of your own success, and that my friends is the downfall of playing 'fotm' classes!

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by kaine_1
To be honest, after spending nearly a year running from just about -every- sb I came across while playing my stealther, Im quite surprised to hear you all complain

Your choice to run, no ?

Respec out of LA if you feel its so bad its not worth investing points in, or whine to someone who cares

<cough> gutted base damage <cough>

we ain't no infiltrators or nightshades, if we want to use two weapons we HAVE to specc LA.

Your a victim of your own success, and that my friends is the downfall of playing 'fotm' classes!

Welcome to the club, Infils are next. There's more Infils in US than SBs and Hunters combined.

F

Farnis

Sounds like someones been getting some VNboard lessons.
Sbs have got problems - not really bad problems but not to admit it shows ignorance mate. And as for fotm syndrome, I know a few, but you reckon we are all like that?

We are bottom of the pile where assassins are compared - yeah its probably right that we take our turn (even though ive never seen the greatness).

But if you are saying we are that good, why is it that the top 4 or 5 assassins are infil and nightshades? Are you saying that sbs all dropped out of the ranks after 1.62?

The top SB comes in at 92 by the way.

J

Jenkz

Guess you never heard of the LA -Penality-, right ?

You haven't heard, that the WS for the offhand is based solely on the LA specc either, or did you ?

So the "Growth Rate" is equal, just that a SB has only 62.5% Base damage at 1LA specc. Offhand will hit about as often as an unspecced weapon, which it is in that case.

Or how about no Str/Dex weapon ?

and this is some new "nerf" mythic added in 1.62? no? this is how LA has ALWAYS been? you specced it

Welcome to the club, Infils are next. There's more Infils in US than SBs and Hunters combined.

i dont think anyone in their right mind expects infils to remain exactly as they are currently. mercinfils and possibly the 50 slash spec will probably be addressed to some degree in coming patches. however i dont see infils completely shitting on all classes - which is what assasins (of all realms) used to do, now they just shit on SBs. well specced SBs for this patch are still deadly, just not unbeatable.

O

old.Hellskor

and this is some new "nerf" mythic added in 1.62? no? this is how LA has ALWAYS been? you specced it

we had a higher style bonus that made up for the lacking base damage.

no LA penality + higher style bonus = overpowered
LA penality + higher style bonus = balanced
LA penality + 'normal' Style bonus = sub par

get it ?

O

old.Hellskor

had a interesting fight at amgO earlier against Asirys (sp?)

the only thing that he could've done worse would've been sitting down. Still he won (barely, but who cares)

I've 50 Axe specc, 20LA, DR3, Aug. Str2 and +17 to my skills.

we both were unbuffed.

I had DoT(2x) and Str/Con debuff, he Snare and Attack Speed Debuff (or whatever)
... pretty much the worst poison choice you can make in an Assassin vs. Assassin fight

Both DoTs (and a proc) got resisted by him. Both of his poison went in, if it was a Attackspeed debuff this one got negated by a haste proc on my side.

Assuming he had capped Body resists, he was roughly on a 180HP disadvantage due to the Str/Con debuff ,which takes 61points off from a unbuffed target.
Unless Infils get less than 3HPs per Con point. Now a SB gets more HP per Con point, but since he didn't debuff anything his HP disadvantage grows further by atleast 50HP (actually more unless he got Toughness II and Aug.Con1).

I used Havoc/Tyr's Fury front positional Styles, he used some Thrust-line anytime, which Albs themselves claim to be the worst styles out there.
He didn't even get a succesful Dragonfang in.

No damage adds, no DoT procs on both sides.

I evaded about twice as much as he did, furthermore he missed more often on me than I missed on him.

I got an Ablative proc, or another 100HP advantage in this fight, didn't see anything of this on his side.

Still he won.

Do you want to call that balance ?

C

Cybwyn

had a interesting fight at amgO earlier against Asirys (sp?)......we both were unbuffed.....

You sure he was unbuffed? Because I know for a fact that he has a bot.

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by Cybwyn
You sure he was unbuffed? Because I know for a fact that he has a bot.

I know for a fact that I have a buffbot too ;)

...having a buffbot doesn't mean you have to use it at all times tho.

Unbuffed is still more fun, just ends on the first buffed opponent you run into more often than not.

O

old.mattshanes

Wasn't nothing much wrong with sbs,only the morons who moan when they lost to them....

Zerkers on the other hand were a different story,they do 99% crits ratmode which made the big hits along with 35 qui but many people do not see this.LA is nerfed too much for a sb and zerk, play one on another server and see how bad it's become.

May not be so bad for norse/troll races but kobold sbs have been hit hard.

If anyone want's me to prove this,get me equal rr ns/sb/inf all duel me with all of you buffed and you will see inf wins hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom