BD FG movie!

the_peddler

Fledgling Freddie
Ged said:
Looked at the movie and in the "flawless" scene me and Nebulosa popped :cheers:
Good fights, and fun to watch :clap:

Yeah, look at the top of the screen hehe. Thats why they call it flawless I guess. Think we got 3-4 kills in that fight. :cheers:
Great mezzing though. :clap:

Nice movie!

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
That's it, I'm rolling a BD :) No good having 2 RMs anyway, I just wish that Frostalfs could become bonedancers, but I guess that would be a tad overpowered ;)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
havent seen the video yet but remember meeting ur grp, even tho we never lsot to u, sum fight yesterday i went nuts lulling those fooking kobies and wondering wtf i was still taking dmg ;p yes i was quite dummy yesterday.. <shrug>

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Nice movie BH :clap:

Sorry I couldn't be there etc, but you know the story ;)

Aoln said:
Full of fotm class so its a fotm group?

Yes, all of the 47 lvl 50 BDs, and the 3-5 active RvRing BDs make such a strong fotm base :cheers:

Raven said:
So its proven now that mids not only have the best support classes by far in game, the best light and heavy tanks in game, now also the best caster classes in game too.

Oh my god! A Mid caster killed something, they have the BEST casters in teh g4me... NERF!!!11
Really... I'll record a movie where an assisting BM group takes down a Mid group. Will that be enough to say BMs > Savages?

I can almost asure you a Thane can kill something as well. Just because it's Mid doesn't mean it HAS to be overpowered as soon as it kills something.

BDs are feckin brutal 1on1, and that also has a reason. We never get groups. Well now it was shown that BDs can work quite well in a group as well. But one of the reasons for the success is probably due to Hibs/Albs not having a clue what to do against these groups yet. It's been running for what, 1 weekend? Give it some time :/

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Czaedes, do you beleive that the insta lifetap is not overpowered?
and that making it on a 20 sec or 30 sec timer would make BD's alot more complicated to play than the simple 1 button bashing now?

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Czaedes said:
Nice movie BH :clap:
BDs are feckin brutal 1on1, and that also has a reason. We never get groups. Well now it was shown that BDs can work quite well in a group as well. But one of the reasons for the success is probably due to Hibs/Albs not having a clue what to do against these groups yet. It's been running for what, 1 weekend? Give it some time :/

BD's never got grps etc cos of 1 thing... Savages, why would anyone pick a mage over a savage when they are so OP? Aclass can insta debuff its own damage, and insta lifetap on 4(?) sec timer is stupid, you cannot interupt them, the only way to hold 1 down is to mezz/stun it, that means the only disadvantage a BD has is its HP but oh wait, we got 2 healing pets for that :p

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Night said:
Czaedes, do you beleive that the insta lifetap is not overpowered?
and that making it on a 20 sec or 30 sec timer would make BD's alot more complicated to play than the simple 1 button bashing now?

If the LT was put on a 20-30 sec timer I would want a nuke that can compare in dmg to other casters. What I find a bit "overpowering" about the LT is the fact that it's 1500 range. That could be toned down a bit perhaps.

As for 1 button, c'mon... You really beleive I use 1 button? No cc (root/Focus Snare), no debuffs, no DoTs nor nukes. Just that one LT. The fact that we can deal dmg while being being hit (god forbid a caster to actually do something while under attack) doesn't mean we ONLY use that one button. And honestly, do you think that the actual button pressing is the most challenging thing in daoc?
I suppose it's a LOT harder pressing 2 buttons (1 style + 1 followup) though :twak:

However the times one does kill 4-6 peeps it does feel sort of silly I can agree on. Even though the lads in the enemy group most likely did screw up it still feels akward.

But this is just my opinion, and yes it is biased since I'm a BD myself. But you wouldn't know how tired one gets hearing "OMFG j00 pwned me 1vs1! nerf BDs ffs!" when you're more or less forced to solo since no groups want you in the group. You don't have to push us all the way down the ground, leaving us with a lack of groupability and lack of soloability. Tis rough as it is being a solo class without stealth...

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
They're not impossible to kill -- in fact, they dropped pretty handily near mtk today when our caster group found them (all right, not exactly this grp, but still). :D All it takes is a good mezz, and as everyone knows, Hibs are the ones with group purge without which any caster group is in trouble. As long as you have some redundancy in group (i.e. a few casters assisting you), some interrupts here and there are all right. :)
Pfft ...

The group your caster group killed was no where close to our group setup. Just random pickup at mtk then we moved out... :)

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Just wanted to add that i've added Aqe's server as mirror too. :wub:
(For the guys that skipped downloading for crappy connection)

Dwy

Fledgling Freddie
U owned us that fight yeah ;) but will be first and last time :flame:
got u flawless couple of times too :D

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
i really enjoyed the last fight we good :D
only OPed with bds r the range on LT and instant debuff else they seem to be 1 of best balanced caster!!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Lejemorder said:
only OPed with bds r the range on LT and instant debuff else they seem to be 1 of best balanced caster!!
A caster that invalidates all other casters by virtue of having an instant damage-dealing lifetap that you can also debuff for to hit in the 400s? Sure, whatever, you obviously know nothing about balance.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Comeon Belomar, everyone knows that BD's are ok.. you can kill em every 30th minute cant you? ;)

Giga

Fledgling Freddie
im very sure all the players in alb think bd ar overpowered
im very sure all the players in hib think bd ar overpowered
im very sure 30% to 60% of the players in mid think bd ar overpowered

its insaine 2 healer pets, insta lifetab whit 4 sec recast, and i didet know but by the read of thes post thy got a insta body resist debuff? HALLO!!!!!!!!! mythic wake up, its ben what a year? and you stil havent fix the bd down to thes game lvl, ther casters for fuck, thy use cloth means thy should not be abel to kill 2 or 3 tanks thats hitting him

and so ppl dont come and say anything, Remember ther casters, and casters = range killing mashines RANGE!!!!, ar fuck mythic im gonna go flame em now

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
Giga said:
and so ppl dont come and say anything, Remember ther casters, and casters = range killing mashines RANGE!!!!,

Someone tell that to pbaoe casters. :p

Giga

Fledgling Freddie
Shawr said:
Someone tell that to pbaoe casters. :p

ok so some is close once, but thy stil cant kill when tanks hitting em unless thy moc or qc and that is a RA and can only be used every 30min bd 4sec insta

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Nerf our solo ability, and give us some groupability ;)
It's an easy trade to be honest.

BD's are according to Mythic "working as intended", so don't expect your dreams to come true very soon. Why would they concentrate on nerfing a class to oblivion for it's solo cababilities when that class is:

1) Majorly underplayed in almost all servers (apart from PvP?).
2) Is a solo oriented class without stealth. Do you expect such a class to be a friggin walk in the park to kill?
3) Has little to no group friendliness. When people start saying "Oh holy crap we can't leave mtk with at LEAST another BD (or any other caster for that matter)" then sure.

What do you intend to give us in return for a solo capability nerf?
Heck the lads on VNBoards may not be the sharpest tools in the shed, but at least they (often) try to give some constructive insights of how an alternative workaround would look. But after all, it's the "N3RF!!11" sayers who always get their word through unfortunately :/

Gargul

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
A caster that invalidates all other casters by virtue of having an instant damage-dealing lifetap that you can also debuff for to hit in the 400s? Sure, whatever, you obviously know nothing about balance.
U only get a sucky 15% debuff i u spec high supp...and in that movie they got a BD specced dark for the debuff..

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Giga said:
ok so some is close once, but thy stil cant kill when tanks hitting em unless thy moc or qc and that is a RA and can only be used every 30min bd 4sec insta

And then we can compare how often 'random chanter' gets a group and compare it with how often 'random BD' gets a group.

Solo classes >> Group friendly chars in solo encounters.

Chanters are a bad example since they seem to get groups fairly easy, and they are very nasty solo as well.

EDIT: Also compare the dmg output from a chanter pbaoing and a BD LTing. You should notice a slight difference in dmg. Also look how much the LT dmges a second char standing next to the one you're LTing.

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Giga said:
got a insta body resist debuff? HALLO!!!!!!!!!

You have to spec Dark to 22 to get a 15% body debuff. You don't get it in the same spec line.

Giga

Fledgling Freddie
Czaedes said:
And then we can compare how often 'random chanter' gets a group and compare it with how often 'random BD' gets a group.

Solo classes >> Group friendly chars in solo encounters.

Chanters are a bad example since they seem to get groups fairly easy, and they are very nasty solo as well.

was more thinking on a ice wizzy :)
the point is thy dont fit into thes game
and work as intendet? wtf? mythic play mid only and wanna be ubar why dont thy just log onto ther test server and cheat some chars and play uber ther

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Czaedes said:
3) Has little to no group friendliness. When people start saying "Oh holy crap we can't leave mtk with at LEAST another BD (or any other caster for that matter)" then sure.
How is the BD situation different from that of any other non-PBAE caster, pray tell? The reason BDs do not get a group is due to the fixation with melee classes in Midgard (more specifically, melee classes with determination), not due to your class per se. Stop moaning about your low groupability because that argument won't wash, my Cabalist adds about the same utility to a group as a BD, but I don't have two personal healers on my tail and an instant lifetap to interrupt with.

plastic

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice editing Bonehead :) Enjoyed playing with this group, not just a change from playing with 3 savages, but also met some very nice people :)

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
To up the dmg output with a BD you'll need to overlap your Base DD with your LT. This costs insane amount of power. Lets just say that most othe casters dish out a lot more dmg per mana unit than a BD.

I do agree that Mid is too addicted to tanks to take on a ranged nuker and that is a major reason for not getting groups I suppose.
Not sure what spec you are Cerdin, but a Supp BD gets:

Single target base root
Single target base DD
Single target LT
2 Single target debuffs (3 if you spec 22 Dark)
Single target Focus Snare (broken AE component)
ABS buff

I'm no expert at Cabas, but afaik they do get some nifty utilities that could be used in a group such as Nearsight, AE disease, AE DoT and Single target DoT, bunch of debuffs, lifetransfer etc.

But well we have different opinions. You cearly beleive that the BD is OPed, while I think it's fine (with a possible tone down of the LT range). And as I said, I'm sure my view of the BD is a "bit" biased as well.

That being said, I think ranged casters have been living out of the sun way too long, being victims of the endless tank /assist groups. Just up the survivability of all casters in my opinion.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
I do agree with Czaedes. The only nerf that would be "ok", is to shorten the range of LT. Decrease recast time would be insane, since that's the only thing that make BD special (except healer pets, but they have no damage output, do they). And there is no nerf inc what so ever, so you just have to face the facts that we will be this way for a long time.

And for the insta debuff. I don't see that it's unfair that it's insta. All other casters that have debuffs have three diffrent debuffs. The BD (specced in Dark), only have one and one alone. Three insta debuffs would be another issue.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Czaedes said:
I'm no expert at Cabas, but afaik they do get some nifty utilities that could be used in a group such as Nearsight, AE disease, AE DoT and Single target DoT, bunch of debuffs, lifetransfer etc.
I am a spirit Cabalist. That gives me resistance debuffs, base lifetap, and AoE disease as my main spells. AoE DoT is useless in anything but standoffs and keep warfare.

Anyway, I can see where you are coming from, but your 1500-range insta lifetap is a slap in the face to a set of a classes that is plagued by interrupts already. In the past I've had to MoC just to take down a bonedancer (hello, Bonehead! ;)) who was spamming it on me even when he was interrupted. :eek:

Bonehead said:
I don't see that it's unfair that it's insta. All other casters that have debuffs have three diffrent debuffs. The BD (specced in Dark), only have one and one alone. Three insta debuffs would be another issue.
I have 3 resistance debuffs (body, spirit and energy), but only two are useful (no Albion damage spells are energy-based). In addition, even if the duration of the body debuff has been nerfed, I normally prefer to run in body-based debuff groups so I don't have to debuff two damage types (spirit for air theurgists, body for sorcs and cabalists).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom