Battlefield 2 Demo released

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Of course, me chums Babs and Kamistai will be organising a team for KEA no doubt :)

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Top stuff :flame: Quite a few getting organised which is cool. Apparently some people have their copies of BF2 from EA already?

and..

An organised clan game has happened already, if this is the case I would give my right arm to see demos of said game ;) Presuming they are converted to *.avi because we have no way of watching them otherwise.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
throdgrain said:
To be honest, ive played quite a few clan games in BFV, and one or two Desert Combat, and one in BF1942, and well, I never thought it quite as intense as a err, certain other game that I shant mention ;)
However, no doubt Ill be flying the KEA flag in ED for BF2 as well :)

Depends which clan you're playing for and who against :)

AC[dRuM]Top stuff Quite a few getting organised which is cool. Apparently some people have their copies of BF2 from EA already?

and..

An organised clan game has happened already, if this is the case I would give my right arm to see demos of said game Presuming they are converted to *.avi because we have no way of watching them otherwise.

Two clans here in NZ have already had a little friendly scrim on the demo. There are BFrecorder demos of the match (which can be found here - http://www.aaw.net.nz/joes.php?d=bf2_demos/playhutt). Although they're in BFrecorder format, you can still view them.

Here's how;

Navigate to your My Documents/Battlefield 2 Demo/Profiles/Default folder. In there make a new folder called 'Demos'. Drop the .bf2demo files in and load up BF2. Under the new Community tab at the top, there should be the demo files. Click on the one you want to view and then press the 'Play File' button. Once the game has loaded up, you'll be 'in' the Clan match. You can cycle thru players, slow the action down, pause it at any point etc.

Enjoy :D

And yeah, lots of people already have the full game from EA (the people from review sites, people who are well known in the community etc)

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Cool cheers for that, I didn't know they played on the demo map, I thought it was the full product ;)

I hope Play don't let me down and I have it through my letterbox on the day.

Aada

Part of the furniture
the only people who have copies are people who run very good fan sites such as Total Battlefield 2

Noone in the public has it yet unless they are very lucky.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
FInally got to download it and try it, still haven't gone online as my wireless connection needs sorting out (nearly there though).

Is it just me or does the singleplayer mode not have aircraft ? Also, how do you get into the "commander" thing and direct artillery ?

Embattle

FH is my second home
The offline game is a much smaller map with limited items, to see more you need to go online. To get into commander mode press Caps Lock.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
So you can't really practise flying offline ? :(

Or can I set a server going with the full map kind of thing ?

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well not with this demo, although you most probably will be able to with the full game.

As for a server, you could download the server files and practice flying but you wouldn't be playing against any one or any thing......not too sure though :)

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
You can fly in single player mode in the demo with a 'mod' that replaces the 16 player map with the 32 player map in single player. Will try and find the link to it later.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Can't wait for this to be honest. (TBH 11one TBH!!1one). Proper heads up displays for planes, and heat seekers etc. Medics that can actually do something and artillery.

Oh yes bring it on!

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
I must admit this game is preeetty good...except for when it slows down because it's accessing my HD, and the EA bollocks

Embattle

FH is my second home
It certainly is good when you use the full range of the game, I know it'll be my next buy.

PS - Buggybombs are good fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom