Battlefield 2 Demo released

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
Bah. It just completed at 123mb and it won't start up again. Bed time I think.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Fuck me is it good...

Netcode, graphics, weapons, vehicles everything is right... good game.

Only gripe i have is the team selection need say to be able to create a team called pilots a team for tank drivers etc as can see without this being very hit and miss on publics.

PS. Love the crane insanely high can shoot at almost the entire landbased side of the map... and funny to see planes and helicopters flying underneath you.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
Agreed. Very good.

The only thing that is really SHIT is the menu system. They seemed to have carried it over from 1942. I cannot for the life of me bind the alt key. Also if you are try to bind a key to something but that key is already doing something else it doesn't tell you what is using it or if you would like to overwrite it... PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Yup the keybinding system is messed up cant bind to the numpad etc.

Although the menu system has massivly changed from BF1942, is all now press a button (e.g. Q) then say a command / send a message via the mouse or the numpad by selecting the relevant direction for the message you want to send.

The commander mode as well is tops - reveal the enemy locations then call in arty strikes on there heads :)

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
I had problems with the bind menu system as well, it wouldn't allow me select forwards and backwards together as a primary function without one deleting the other during selection. I had to select the backward key on secondary, odd. The ingame browser is pants, trying to browse the list for servers and it keeps jumping, even after the refresh stopped. Other than that it is fantastic!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/drum_uk/screen026.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/drum_uk/screen020.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/drum_uk/screen017.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/drum_uk/screen016.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/drum_uk/screen015.jpg

Can't wait for the full release. ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sockstuff said:
Bah. It just completed at 123mb and it won't start up again. Bed time I think.

Hmm, worked last night when I tested it.

Am now downloading it again, currently at 152.5MB and still climbing....

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I downloaded it, it said it was finished but wont install. Winzip says it is missing a file or something, and I should download it again :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
thought you didn't like the bf series bud? lol knew you'd download it.

Game is great btw best shooter in the last 2 years imo

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ive got to try it :) If its playable for me I might buy it, but I swore if the head bob thing isnt sorted , or at least acceptable I wont waste my money.
However theres no links that work anyway, the FH one downloaded but the file is corrupted or something, even the address is different to other downloads :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Love it. Still haven't got the hang of the command system yet, but overall it bodes well for the full release.

BTW Tony - the FH download is corrupted.

Starman

Part of the furniture
Battlefield 2 Demo should be - 546 MB (573,321,373 bytes)

Ono

Part of the furniture
Fantastic game this.

Just had 2-3 hours in the afternoon on a quiet server with some mates trying to master flying.

Still can't fly properly.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Nice demo, bit overhyped imo, very buggy, hideously laggy in large fights but what can you expect from a demo?

With a very strong system (3gig cpu, 256m 3-d card, 2gig ram etc) the game is playable, i am not sure how a lower spec machine would handle the frame lag though.

Personally, i think the released version will be a lot better, hopefully without the bugs. Not ground-breaking or particularly origional (AA springs to mind, as does BF1942), but a good fun FPS game nonetheless with a ranking system im sure a lot of players will love.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Tallen said:
Nice demo, bit overhyped imo, very buggy, hideously laggy in large fights but what can you expect from a demo?

With a very strong system (3gig cpu, 256m 3-d card, 2gig ram etc) the game is playable, i am not sure how a lower spec machine would handle the frame lag though.

Personally, i think the released version will be a lot better, hopefully without the bugs. Not ground-breaking or particularly origional (AA springs to mind, as does BF1942), but a good fun FPS game nonetheless with a ranking system im sure a lot of players will love.

Haven't noticed any lag tbh. found one bug. As for not being orginal, well, of course it isn't; its a sequel with strong nods to a succesful mod, it just does it a bit better that's all. (I'm loving the guided AT and AA missiles).

NB. The final version has already gone gold, so don't expect it to be much different to the demo.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Tallen said:

No lag here maybe your just playing on a shit server? haven't noticed any lag of Frame lag which lag are you experiancing?

I run a AMD64 3400 1 GIG DDR 400 RAM 256MB 9800 PRO i run the game all settings high nice resolution and anti ala x 2 and it runs like a dream

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
fucking loved it. no lag even when all settings are on highest. my specs are 2.4ghz pentium 4 512mb ram and 9800xt 256mb

Aada

Part of the furniture
throdgrain said:

Your probably just saying that wouldn't suprised me much if you were up till the early hours playing it :(

dysfunction

FH is my second home
throdgrain said:
I know ur all going to hate me, but I didnt really rate it much :(

But then you like Americas Army....so your opinion counts for very little

;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
buggy game, but loadsa fun ,was on a jolt server with bazerka and starman,

but getting butt fucked while a nmy ank camps at spawn aerea aint fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom