Battlefield 2 Demo released

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Lucky there's artillery support now then :)

Absolutely love it, so ironic that it runs that much better than 42/v and looks better.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That really ruined this for me. Tanks at spawn points made it silly. It's very laggy for me, config tips anyone?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
OK, things I dont like about it.
The moving shadows. Wtf is that all about. You're walking along, a tank drives past and casts a huge totally black shadow about 3 times the size it should be. Or is that just me?
The server browser. Nothing to say about that at all ! :)
The grass. Hideous planetside-style grass , even worse than BFV imo, as you're walking along in a sandy coloured terrain the grass turns dark green around you. Even worse, you think you have cover when you hide in it, but to someone 100 yards away you stick out like a sore thumb.
Some servers are laggy, christ, nasty jerky lag :(

Good points?
I really like the open sights on some of the rifles.
The netcode does seem fine I have to admit (bah!)

Maybe no one else gets the shadow and grass stuff. It does tell me to change my drivers, though I have the latest Nvidea derivers installed ?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
throdgrain said:
Maybe no one else gets the shadow and grass stuff. It does tell me to change my drivers, though I have the latest Nvidea derivers installed ?

I also got that and did the upgrade and it sorted stuff out....weird

Must be "new" drivers as designed by the BF2 guys...

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ive just installed the drivers from the game, and now it wont run at all !

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ahh, it didnt like my monitor being a plug and play (?) Ive installed my Flatron drivers now all is well.
Its fixed the dodgy colours too ! Also, I forgot to add, the head bob thing seems ok-ish . :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I cant seem to hit anything with a machine gun. Always lose shoot outs. Only way I've found round it is to equip an rpg and blow em up.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ch3t, aim ahead a bit m8. Its actually quite playable now, Im amazed tbh :)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Throd in 'liking a non-cs/aa game' STUNNER!

:D

Very classy so far if you ask me, I can't wait to see some of the other maps.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
throdgrain said:
Ch3t, aim ahead a bit m8. Its actually quite playable now, Im amazed tbh :)

Yeah but even against stationary infantry targets?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ch3tan said:
Yeah but even against stationary infantry targets?

Lie down. Seems to be OK then.

One thing I like about this; all the whining about not entering uncappable bases etc. in BF1942/DC goes right out of the window; if you don't get your spec ops in there early on you're going to owned basically.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Explain what you just said to someone whose never played a BF game before now?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The very first start base of each side has a line through its symbol, to denote its "uncaptureable". However, one of the BF fraternetys rules in oo never enter an uncapable base, bad form old boy etc.
I was on earlier about this lot making up thier rules as they go along ? this is one of them :)

Ono

Part of the furniture
I've mastered the Apache helicopter.

Ph34r meh.

DaGaffer

Ono said:

Ph34r meh.

Impressive. Especially seeing as how there isn't an Apache in the map ;)

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Wow i wondered how long the wannbe walking military encyclopedia would take. Oh wait google only took (0.29 seconds) to find that.

Embattle

FH is my second home
What, you mean you actually sat here waiting for me to reply....wow anal sadness grade 1 achieved and no wannbe about it.

Any way back to the game, it still seems to have a number of the previous games hang ups which are mainly player created issues. I've had a good laugh at times watching people pilot planes and helicopters into the drink, just wish they would learn to fly before going online.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
I've had a good laugh at times watching people pilot planes and helicopters into the drink, just wish they would learn to fly before going online.

lol guilty as sin on that one, I am getting better though with a little practice ;) I find the planes easier to fly than the choppers tbh. :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
heheh using a tank rocket on a chopper is fun. was on server where 4 of use were defending our last spot on the island as marines and hiting 3 rockets at a chopper brings it down no probs. :clap:

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Is good, I could see myself really getting into this :D

bf2.gif

I have been wondering though can you hit the aircraft carrier from the beach with a tank? Seems as though you can, although you would need someone in a chopper further out giving you directions ;)

DaGaffer

]AC[dRuM said:

bf2.gif

I have been wondering though can you hit the aircraft carrier from the beach with a tank? Seems as though you can, although you would need someone in a chopper further out giving you directions ;)

Well, you can drive out to the aircraft carrier in an apc and shoot up the radars, but you'll run out of ammo before you can do enough damage. It think its a bit naughty to do it, but we owned all the flags and I was a bit bored...

Poag

m00?
]AC[dRuM said:

You can...also theres a config option to turn on the icons whihc give syoua nice US flag floating on the horizon to aim at....also shows you friendly C4 packs aswell [mumbles at people standing on the frigging packs]

Thats my only gripe...too many people run up to the tank tothrow grenades and get wipped out by the C4 then complain!

Whits end with it :(

My other gripe is that Spec Ops don't get points for blowing up arty/radar/UAV so if you go and spend time going around blowing them up you get no points.

Spec Ops for the win :)

DaGaffer

Gale said:
My other gripe is that Spec Ops don't get points for blowing up arty/radar/UAV so if you go and spend time going around blowing them up you get no points.

Spec Ops for the win :)

Yeah, that annoys me as well; time after time I've saved everyone's ass by blowing up the arty or the radar (although the radar respawns alarmingly quickly), and then you realise you get no points for it; even if there was a message function to let people know enemy arty was out of action it would be a bonus.

Poag

m00?
DaGaffer said:
Yeah, that annoys me as well; time after time I've saved everyone's ass by blowing up the arty or the radar (although the radar respawns alarmingly quickly), and then you realise you get no points for it; even if there was a message function to let people know enemy arty was out of action it would be a bonus.

usually i put myself ina squad on my own..or with another spec ops or a medic...simply so that i can use the voice to tell other squad leaders whats down or request supplies to really knacker there base...sitting on the aircraft carrier with a supply crate and C4 is sooo much fun :)

Rigged up all the aircraft with C4 during a lull in battle...the marines got spanked at a point and all respawned on the carrier...all took off wwaited a few seconds...bang..kill spam :) 2 planes 1 cobra and a full black hawk.

Ebil :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Embattle said:
I've had a good laugh at times watching people pilot planes and helicopters into the drink, just wish they would learn to fly before going online.

I had no choice ffs!!!
All the other spawn points were caputered and there were no boats!

I thought to myself how hard is it to fly a fighter jet?

:(

Ono said:

Ph34r meh.

Pity you can't drive a Jeep though...

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
I got it and spent about four hours on the ATF server on Sat night.

What a fecking game. One thing I have noticed is how (I guess depending on the server and the players) it seems to promote team play really well, with the open spaces and small amounts of cover approaching some of the flags, cover fire from team mates is essential.

Sniping is hard, although I spent a round up on the jib of the tower crane picking people off from a huge distance.

I have noticed a fair bit of lag, but that was on a crappy server, on a decent UK server, with an average ping below about 60, there dosnt seem to be any issues.

:)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
To cut out the annoying videos at the start of the game, rename the files in this folder to add .old

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\Movies

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ive booked a week off work when its released can't wait :D still wish i was on the dole then i could play it 24/7 for days on end except the day when i go out for teh giro :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom