Battlefield 2 Demo released

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
So who is going to buy the full game then? More importantly who is going to actually clan?

I think I might do both :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
i want to do both too.

clans are hard to find though.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Saw Throddy on the DVF server earlier.

Shouted a couple of times but he chose to ignore me. :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Sorry Ono m8 didnt see it honest :(

Was probably too busy owning at the time mind you ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
the only thing that bugs me is it takes an awful lot of ammo to kill someone.

I was bloody lethal in BFV with the viet cong 8 round mag rifle.

Seems on this you need to pump the guy with half a mag to kill him :( ah well

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I noticed this too, Aada. Very annoying because in the other BF games 2 or 3 shots in the chest would take someone down, now you need 4 or 5 it seems. I hope that they change this with a patch, I know this game isn't about realism but it's not exactly UT2004 either and I don't want it to be. Having to shoot someone several times to kill them just becomes frustrating especially now that they have made the weapons less accurate. I'm not complaining about that though, less accurate weapons are good imo as sniping people from miles away with a BAR or STG in 1942 was a little stupid. But, the fact is that as a medic I can sometimes survive with 3 people firing at me from a long distance by just crawling around with my medipack out and that just isn't right. So, basically all I'm saying is that the weapons need to do about 75% more damage per hit and the game would be fine.

Other than that, I love the game. It runs surprisingly well on my gfx card which I thought was completely fucked, maybe I won't have to buy a new one after all.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Its not so much the amount of bullets you need to fire, its the amount that have to hit. Most appear to be dissapearing :(

xane

Fledgling Freddie
(not played it yet)

I often used the single-shot weapons on BF:1942 and BF:V as they could kill in 1 to 3 shots at long range, the semi-auto ones in BF:V were lethal as with a bit of skill you could double-shot them and get an almost guarenteed kill, and the accuracy was way superior once they fixed the "sniper M60" (although the M16 is pretty good).

One thing that puts me off CS:S is the lack of semi-automatic rifles (unless they are sniper), are there any in BF2 ?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
xane said:
(not played it yet)

I often used the single-shot weapons on BF:1942 and BF:V as they could kill in 1 to 3 shots at long range, the semi-auto ones in BF:V were lethal as with a bit of skill you could double-shot them and get an almost guarenteed kill, and the accuracy was way superior once they fixed the "sniper M60" (although the M16 is pretty good).

One thing that puts me off CS:S is the lack of semi-automatic rifles (unless they are sniper), are there any in BF2 ?

I'm not quite sure how I did it, but I managed to make my (MEC) Rifle fire single shot when I was playing as spec ops. And the M-16 for US Assault fires 3-round bursts.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You can change most guns from single shot to full auto or burst, depending on the gun, and back again, by pressing 3.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
throdgrain said:
Its not so much the amount of bullets you need to fire, its the amount that have to hit. Most appear to be dissapearing :(

Apparantly you have to take into account distance when you shoot.
Ive been told the bullets drop due to gravity over large distances...

Which is good new for me against snipers. The buggers cant kill me straight away

Aada

Part of the furniture
Dillinja said:
I noticed this too, Aada. Very annoying because in the other BF games 2 or 3 shots in the chest would take someone down, now you need 4 or 5 it seems. I hope that they change this with a patch, I know this game isn't about realism but it's not exactly UT2004 either and I don't want it to be. Having to shoot someone several times to kill them just becomes frustrating especially now that they have made the weapons less accurate. I'm not complaining about that though, less accurate weapons are good imo as sniping people from miles away with a BAR or STG in 1942 was a little stupid. But, the fact is that as a medic I can sometimes survive with 3 people firing at me from a long distance by just crawling around with my medipack out and that just isn't right. So, basically all I'm saying is that the weapons need to do about 75% more damage per hit and the game would be fine.

Other than that, I love the game. It runs surprisingly well on my gfx card which I thought was completely fucked, maybe I won't have to buy a new one after all.

aye the game rocks but i do like to be able to kill someone with a couple of hits to the chest. :( today i pumped a guy with 10 rounds and he lived and killed me with c4!!! lol

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It's not a bad game, but it's not really any different or better compared to BF1942

Infact, i think i prefer BF1942 simply because that's real war; none of this air strike, radar, bodyarmour, laser sighting, super accurate gun, modern rubbish.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Aada said:
aye the game rocks but i do like to be able to kill someone with a couple of hits to the chest. :( today i pumped a guy with 10 rounds and he lived and killed me with c4!!! lol

Your aim must be shocking!!

It doesnt take me more than 2 or 3 direct hits to kill someone...

Aada

Part of the furniture
no my aim is good i just don't think the damage is the same as bfv

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
There is a huge difference between the way the weapons work in BF2 and the previous 2 games. It does take a bit of getting used to, but once you do you'll be dropping people after 3 or 4 shots :)

(My advice is to turn your weapon to single shot rather than auto or burst)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well last night i joined a clan and experianced BF2 how its meant to be played... was a whole lot of fun working with people on the headsets.

they were really impressed how i was in the cobra and i they were pinned down by 1 tank and an apc and i just put my cobra between the 2 buildings and let all hell loose killing the tank and apc. The remarks such as ''awsome chopper support'' made the game even better.

my advice join a clan and take the game to a whole new level.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The previous two BF games were also generally better under clan conditions, it tends to lessen the idiot factor of playing online.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Embattle said:
The previous two BF games were also generally better under clan conditions, it tends to lessen the idiot factor of playing online.

you mean the idiots that plant c4 onto helis and blow their team mates up?

ahhhhh yes that one rings a bell.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Embattle said:

Unless you have Clown in your clan :D

But yeah, clan play will always be better than public in a game like BF - where teamplay and tactics are as important as being able to aim a gun properly.

Join a clan, play BF the way it was meant to be played :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
i have to say the game was 100 times better just talking and shouting ''cover me'' really absorbed me into the game.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Just wait until your first clan game, then it gets real fun :D

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, i was like playing and killing myself in the Cobra earlier, and all i heard was "Fucking classs helicopter support" "You rock man let me have your babies" and "Best chopper pilot evar!!!11one".

Then i stopped talking to myself :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
Deadmanwalking said:
Yeah, i was like playing and killing myself in the Cobra earlier, and all i heard was "Fucking classs helicopter support" "You rock man let me have your babies" and "Best chopper pilot evar!!!11one".

issues.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Cdr said:
Just wait until your first clan game, then it gets real fun :D

Agree :flame:

Deadmanwalking said:

Those Cobras are deadly in the right hands ;)

http://photobucket.com/albums/y294/drum_uk/?action=view&current=COBRAL33T11ONE11ONE1111.gif

throdgrain

FH is my second home
To be honest, ive played quite a few clan games in BFV, and one or two Desert Combat, and one in BF1942, and well, I never thought it quite as intense as a err, certain other game that I shant mention ;)
However, no doubt Ill be flying the KEA flag in ED for BF2 as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom