BANNED! - Feedback: "U suck ****" and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Donno if it was been asked but how mythik gona detect other kind of "radar" software then win32 ones wich run on same pc with daoc. I mean network packet sniffers wich can run on an linux box wich also is used as router/firewall. Encoding the transmision wont detect sniffer and adapting the sniffer to new type of data transmision protocol isnt to hard.
I am almost sure its not possible to detect it, the only way is to change the encryption key few days with a small patch and i think it is possible to adapt the sniffer even to that.

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
Agree, well done Mythic.. lets see this happen to Euro DAoC, and soon. And tbh, must be a fairly good fix if the radar coders cant get round it.

/wave cheaters

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
More radar comedy:

RandomRadarer9283497293 said:
playing XU is more fun then playing daoc imo. I like to try to run away if there are more green or red names then blue names and nothing beats 2 people running 2fgs around in circles untill we can pick them off in groups of 2 or 3 and out of range of there support classes. IMO XU adds an amount of skill thats lacking in a game of button mashing and running around untill you randomly run into other people.

Tiri-Maddog

Fledgling Freddie
Dont Ban radar users ffs

just strip there Realm Point
and next time delete there lvl 50s char
3 time delete whole accont

i have never seen such bolloks from a firm is almost like they approve of
Cheaters make the fuc hammer fall no mercy they ruin game fore all others

Tiri Celt

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Then they just PL another char to 50 and carry on, your point being?

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Put temporarily banned chars into a stock just outside the capital (or the frontierkeeps)

This one is excellent and very much in line with the game world :) Gallows, now that was a thought, but wont survive the age rating I suspect.

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Mythic have handled this very well, and I would hope GOA do the same.

Announce they can detect you
The following week, a show of force and a 7 day suspention for people using it
Repeated offenders get account closed.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Nxs said:
Mythic have handled this very well, and I would hope GOA do the same.

Announce they can detect you
The following week, a show of force and a 7 day suspention for people using it
Repeated offenders get account closed.

Emain will be sooooo deserted for 7 days imo :)

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Tafaya Anathas said:
Emain will be sooooo deserted for 7 days imo :)
Will be even more fun to see how the RvR-guilds wont get banned and people run out of excuses why they are loosing to them :p Personally I've never been in a situation where I could have accused someone for using a radar.

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Love the idea about gallows/stocks :cheers:

Temp Bans - characters should be on display in stocks outside portal keeps and there should be a merchant selling rotten food to throw at them

Perma Bans - characters on display for say 3 months in prisons in portal keep or somwhere similar

Use radar once and you should get a lengthy temp ban imo. Im tempted to say perma but there are too many variables involved to say 'one chance only'
Use it twice and you should have account deleted.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Why, oh why even bather with temp bans in the first place? Everybody KNOWS that using third party programs which gives you an advantage is against the CoC. And the cheaters are damn well aware of this! Insta deletion imo! :flame:
Altho I can see that the way Mythic has handled this is good. Flexing their muscles and showing that they can find cheaters. Mythic made their point, so now perma ban them, no warning etc!

dapprman

Fledgling Freddie
Well looks like GOA are actualyl doing something :D , however in their own quality way :mad:

One of our non-RvR guildies just got a permy ban. The reason ... not radar, but because they detected him using a crafting macro. He's taken it with a pinch of salt since he hardly plays any more, being bored of the game, but I personally thought it was some what harsh for him to recive no warning for it.

Has any one actualyl heard of any RvR players been caught on the GOA servers ? - me neither - just wish thet'd get their act together.

Oh and before you think I'm doing a 'this cheat is not as bad as that cheat' thing, I'm not. I do think GOA are chasing the wrong cheats and should give warnings, but the player got caught breaking the EULA and has paid the penalty. Just lucky for many others that crafting macros haven't been hutned down in the past.

Now GOA - get after those radar users/abusers.

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
GOA dont have the same radar detecting things yet, well i dont think they do till 1.70, so hopefully then we'll see some people being banned.

A complete ban for using macroing although justified, is a little harsh. I seam to recall on the USA servers if you get caught macro crafting then you are sent a warning... do it again and youll be banned... ohh and they reset all your craft skills back to zero.

Oidche

Fledgling Freddie
[TB] Benedictine said:
Temp Bans - characters should be on display in stocks outside portal keeps and there should be a merchant selling rotten food to throw at them

"You hit CheaterDude with a rotten tomato for 1000 (+100) humiliation."

:D

Justin

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
I think its rather pathetic, "I can't cheat, so I won't play" kind of attitude from these people.

Indeed, now i wonder what NF in europe will be like :)

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
dapprman said:
but I personally thought it was some what harsh for him to recive no warning for it.
Oh and before you think I'm doing a 'this cheat is not as bad as that cheat' thing, I'm not. I do think GOA are chasing the wrong cheats and should give warnings, but the player got caught breaking the EULA and has paid the penalty. Just lucky for many others that crafting macros haven't been hutned down in the past.
A cheater is a cheater no matter what they cheat at, be it RvR or be it macro-crafting. ALL cheating is equally wrong and should therefor be treated equally. Why should he be warned? Isn't the CoC that we all accept everytime before logging on warning enough? :eek:
If you cheat, you should get banned. Teh End imo.

M

MacAndCheese

CONFUSED.

There are probably alot of people out there who have never cheated, but fallen at the hands of a cheater.

WE are all probably also wondering the same thing.... WTF is a RADAR?

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
MacAndCheese said:
CONFUSED.

There are probably alot of people out there who have never cheated, but fallen at the hands of a cheater.

WE are all probably also wondering the same thing.... WTF is a RADAR?

A radar in DAoC is like a radar irl in that it shows where people are who you cannot physically see - it lets the radar using scum see where ppl are without you seeing them (dunno about it's range tho) and therefore allows them to go around behind you and have the advantage of surprise, aswell as being to kill people who are hiding/resting where they would not usually look.

Khartoum

Fledgling Freddie
Appendix said:
I'm not sure how legally binding an EULA really is and my concern is that Mythic is using one "bad thing" (spyware) to combat another (radar). Who decides what third-party software is ok to use and which aren't? How about mIRC? voice-comms? And how do I know what information on my computer (outside of daoc) is sent to Mythic/GoA?
I don't know how radar programs work but I would think it's by either reading information directly from the memory space of the daoc-client or intercepting the data stream between the daoc-client and server. In either case only information already present on the client-side should be possible to extract. If it's possible to build a radar program using only data from the client it's a design problem in my opinion and should be addressed as such. I believe the spyware approach is a mistake.

Reading memory space allocated by another process is something the win32 kernel can keep control of. Every process started by the win32 kernel has access to a list of what other processes, and most importantly IF another process, is reading or writing to any of its allocated memory chunks. This is a "feature" (if you'd like to call it so) of the win32 kernel, and really can not be called Spyware as such, as it is a "constitutional" function and not an optional piece of software. The occurance of this itself is proof of probable data manipulation/probing, or using third party software in conjuction with the DAOC client in a manner that breaches the CoC, but can't really be called spyware as it does not gather information about WHAT you are running, or WHAT you are doing. It simply tells that "some other program is poking about in our memory space", which is not allowed for no purpose what so ever. Same goes for proxying the traffic between the client and server, and this aswell can be detected as per default via Windows' TCP/IP implementation.

added: why the HELL did I reply to this old post? And why did it show up on my list of active threads on the main forum page? Bleh

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Probably because some eejit (no offense!) replied to it, realized his error and deleted it again. Maybe the first person who got banned from the european servers? \o/.

Anyway, this still bumps the topic to the active list.

Tilda

Nobody replied to this thread before you Khartoum vbmenu_register("postmenu_555084", true); :p
Im going to close it so it can go away :D

Tild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom