BANNED! - Feedback: "U suck ****" and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Radar users should get an insta ban... but it's like one quote above said, Mythic were probably shocked by the amount of cheaters they caught, so they suspended a small percentage and hoped the rest would get the message.

Can't argue that radar abuse is common in the US, so I wonder how many use it in EU oO

I hope GOA will take the hardline and ban anyone using it, regardless of how many cheaters they catch.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
US cheaters are beta testing for EU cheaters now. Hope EU cheaters take the hint and stop now.

Go Mythic! :worthy:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Breaking News:

In a spontaneously organized demonstration, the majority of the 500 banned Radar Users gathered this morning and travelled to Mythic headquarter to express their Refusal and lack of unsderstanding about the latest actions against Cheaters in DAOC.
"We will not bow to this acts of disposal! Mythic destroyed OUR game! And we will fight for our rights till the worlds end. Or at least until WoW release." said the spokesman of the RUU (Radar Users United).

radar_users.jpg

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Appendix said:
Just curious, does anyone know how Mythic manages to detect radar? I'm guessing they have implemeted some sort of spyware code in their client to detect if certain third party software is installed or running. As much as I dislike cheating and cheaters this seems to me as a bit orwellian should it be the case. I wonder if this is a wise move from Mythic's side since spyware might even become illegal in the future whereas radar use is merely a violation of their CoC.
The CoC is not really a legal thing, however the EULA (End User Licence Agreement) is. This is legal jargon saying "dont f*ck with our program or you will loose your account wtfpwnd!". The CoC is more a moral thing, be nice to each other.

In agreeing the terms and condtitions each time you sign on you agree to them ensuring you are not pissing around with their code or data transmission, in the states interfeering with a data streem is illegal, and Im sure in euro it is too. However I expect in the latest EULA there is something abotu Mythic sniffing for certain resident programs, so rest assured their actions are probably fully legit. AFAIK it is ok IF they both inform you of its use, you agree (clicking OK to the EULA) and if they target only items they set as interfering with thier software.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Breaking News:

In a spontaneously organized demonstration, the majority of the 500 banned Radar Users gathered this morning and travelled to Mythic headquarter to express their Refusal and lack of unsderstanding about the latest actions against Cheaters in DAOC.
"We will not bow to this acts of disposal! Mythic destroyed OUR game! And we will fight for our rights till the worlds end. Or at least until WoW release." said the spokesman of the RUU (Radar Users United).

radar_users.jpg

rofl

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
It's about damn time they banned these people, too. People like the cretin who said "I won't play if I can't cheat" are sad, insecure little children...pathetic no-skill lamers, the plankton of the gaming world.

Fuck them. Fuck them right in the ear.

For once, GGs Mythic.

Zephyd

One of Freddy's beloved
cheathead said:
Honestly, do you think people got RR10 because they played it legit? Hell no, they all had radar.
of course..... :eek7:

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Over the last 2.5 years on this board and BW before it, there have been accusations of cheating being slung back and forth between people. Up until now it's always pretty much been one person's word against another. Like everyone, I have my suspicions about some people/guilds but no concrete proof.
More than anything else I'm looking forward to NF for the radar detection. I'm sure some of the current crop of cheaters will stop using it, then find it too hard for them and then quit altogether. Others will stop using it, and play legit, while the rest will be banned. (assuming GOA do as good a job as mythic appears to be doing). I for one will be very interesting to see who disappears from the game soon after launch, and who suddenly only gets a tenth of the rps they used to.

Of course those people who get banned will probably come on here, whine how shit NF is and say they're leaving because of that. Yeah, right.

Sortbane

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
pathetic no-skill lamers, the plankton of the gaming world.

Actually, darwinisticly speaking if they were the plankton of the gaming world they would be the fundation for the players since plankton in a marine environment is the cornerstone for all seabased life (wich in turn developed to all landbased life).
Algea is more like it I should think, some nasty green algea (and slimey when on land...) and IF they feed of oxygen that means they will take all the nice and shiny oxygen away from the poor helpless fish (and shrimps) and in turn killing them. just by eating! beat that macdonalds!

Coffee and sugar is good for you, mm'm.. coffeine

Appendix

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
The CoC is not really a legal thing, however the EULA (End User Licence Agreement) is. This is legal jargon saying "dont f*ck with our program or you will loose your account wtfpwnd!". The CoC is more a moral thing, be nice to each other.

In agreeing the terms and condtitions each time you sign on you agree to them ensuring you are not pissing around with their code or data transmission, in the states interfeering with a data streem is illegal, and Im sure in euro it is too. However I expect in the latest EULA there is something abotu Mythic sniffing for certain resident programs, so rest assured their actions are probably fully legit. AFAIK it is ok IF they both inform you of its use, you agree (clicking OK to the EULA) and if they target only items they set as interfering with thier software.

I'm not sure how legally binding an EULA really is and my concern is that Mythic is using one "bad thing" (spyware) to combat another (radar). Who decides what third-party software is ok to use and which aren't? How about mIRC? voice-comms? And how do I know what information on my computer (outside of daoc) is sent to Mythic/GoA?
I don't know how radar programs work but I would think it's by either reading information directly from the memory space of the daoc-client or intercepting the data stream between the daoc-client and server. In either case only information already present on the client-side should be possible to extract. If it's possible to build a radar program using only data from the client it's a design problem in my opinion and should be addressed as such. I believe the spyware approach is a mistake.

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
I can see all the laughing here, but i bet we'll have a greater laugh when GOA starts implementing what Mythic did ;)

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
I'm fairly certain that any sort of EULA is only legally binding once it has been challenged in court. They can put all sorts of fancy terms and conditions in there if they want to but that doesn't mean you can be held to any of them if they are obviously stupid and you can win a court case over them. Also for the cheaters:

Fuck them right in the ear.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Lol, mythic ownz j00000 all!

About time these people got bans, can't wait for the qq over here when they do the same.

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
Radar users should get an insta ban... but it's like one quote above said, Mythic were probably shocked by the amount of cheaters they caught, so they suspended a small percentage and hoped the rest would get the message.
Yeah agree. They just should had banned them all. Anyone caught after NF release probably is not a new radar user. Doubt any new person would take up radar after the Mythic's announcement about new detection system, but the old ones might had continued using it especially if they weren't caught in "first wave". If they get 7 day suspension and still get to keep all the RP and all they've got with cheating, plus nobody will know that they have cheated (since it's not like they gonna publish the names), they're getting away with practically nothing for months or maybe years of cheating.

But still, if we can get rid of almost all cheating, it's still very good of course.

Escape said:
I hope GOA will take the hardline and ban anyone using it, regardless of how many cheaters they catch.

I hope GOA won't put any news about it when they're gonna start using the new detection system, before NF would be favourite :)
And after that, insta ban for all caught peoples.

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Breaking News:

radar_users.jpg

Hehe! This one made me laught! :clap: :clap:

Case

Fledgling Freddie
name and shame imo

stick all their names on the friday news what could possibly be worse for the so called l33t players than to be advertised as the cheating scum that they are :cheers:

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
once a cheater, always a cheater, send their details onwards to other online gaming companies so they can ban ehm as a precaution aswell, might be harsh, but that'll teach someone to cheat in an online game tbh....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeppy Kinkster said:
Bwahaha... why not just change some file names and edit some code and Mythics new anti-cheat won't catch you o_O

yea right.. problem with all those retard radar programmers is that they dont have a CLUE about HOW mythic find their software.. NONE of them know.. ive read a few answers on the public board for one of those programs and the dev is totally clueless... same with the dev that have the second "most used" radar proggy. he doesent have a clue how they find out either..

so its hard to fix something when they dont know what it is...

P.S and just alter some filenames is NOT gonna help.... thats not how they detect theese programs.. (yes i know. i havent got a clue how either but i'm 99.9% sure that the filenames have nothing to do with it..)

Chilly

Balls of steel
Graknak said:
once a cheater, always a cheater, send their details onwards to other online gaming companies so they can ban ehm as a precaution aswell, might be harsh, but that'll teach someone to cheat in an online game tbh....
i cheated in diablo I when i was 14! ban me now!

Teh FnoRd said:
Hohohohahahahahehehehhihihihihihohohoho! Pure comedy this! :D

Imho every radaruser/cheater should get a visit by a big mafia grunt and slaped silly with a trout! (preferably rotten!) :clap:

rofl wot a way to put it

haha smelly radar cheaters

Mybuddies said:
Hehehe! All those guys saying they can't play without Radar must be either gimped to hell or just plain crap at the game!

I'm soooo glad Mythic are stopping the cheats. The losers in the quotes say that Mythic are going to lose lots of accounts from people who cheat. Fine, but I bet they gain lots of accounts from people who think it's worth playing again because the cheaters are gone.

I gave up playing Diablo/Diablo2 because of all the cheats, wasn't worth playing. I'd have kept playing if there were no cheats.

Bye Bye cheaters. Say goodbye to all the time & effort it took to get your 50s!

haha wot effort? :p no effort involved in cheating ;) ;)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
lol, great stuff tbh :clap:

about damn time Mythic did something about this.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
The file renaming thing comes from CS, and its alter-ego OGC-Hack. Some of the anti-cheat progs at that time downloaded a sniffer file to you from the server you wanted to join, you had to accept the file or you couldnt play on that server. In accepting the EULA when you log into DAoC you affectively accept Mythic doing the same, their program, their files.

The golden rule with both the EULA and the CoC is "f*ck with us or our program and we will shaft you senseless with large inanimate objects." Legally speaking its their rules and nothing else, if they see fit to ban you, suspend you or simply delete your chars thats their choice, and you cant do squat about it. They create the program files and control the 2 way info from client to server. Theres probably some deep meaningful clause in there too about what info they can get from you, and what they can also send to you.

I like the idea of name and shame too, but I think a more fitting punishment in wave 2 is to delete their RPs on all their chars, and wave 3 to ban for good.

Yeah, thats where I got the filename changing from.. CS ^^ The makers of these pr0gs will just find ways to avoid being detected :S

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I think its rather pathetic, "I can't cheat, so I won't play" kind of attitude from these people.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
I think its rather pathetic, "I can't cheat, so I won't play" kind of attitude from these people.

What I find funnier is the way some of those people are trying to convince themselves that they made the decision to stop playing. Not that they got perma-banned and cannot play anymore. :rolleyes:

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Very funny and very good that Mythic finally can cleanse the game of the dregg. Have to agree it would be a goot thing for community morale if the cheaters lost all rps/realmranks in the second warning wave so their cheating would be exposed to the community.

>their client to detect if certain third party software is installed or running. As much as I dislike cheating and cheaters this seems to me as a bit orwellian should it be the case

Appendix, you better get used to it, it is already a fact in a lot of PC game releases. Several titles from European publishers refuse to work when they located image programs like Nero Image, Alco...something. The latest iteration of the Startforce 3 copy protection program installs nice shiny hardware device drivers in your computer that so far seems to be fairly innocent except for a few where they cause all kinds of horrors. Something I found out the hard way when my computer started to work in slowmotion and my Palm docking station ceased to work. It was great fun trying to figure out what caused those effects as you were not told about the drivers during the game's installation process. From a note on Avault it seems like SF3 can work as a spyprogram sending a LOT of info about your computer and its content to the receipent. Of course publishers go all over the way to explain that they of course dont use it like that. Just check Codemaster's message board for one example. So the future is indeed very Orwellian, but I guess that is the result of the explosion of the internet shop lifting that has been going on during the last decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom