BANNED! - Feedback: "U suck ****" and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solothores

Loyal Freddie
Is there a better way to begin your morning as to have a nice cup of tea and browse the comments of suspended and banned cheaters...

Camelotherald said:
Greetings! We just wanted to announce that the next stage of our anti-hacker campaign has come to an end, and share the results with you. Today:

We banned more than fifty people who got caught in the first wave, and weren’t smart enough to take the slap on the wrist a few weeks ago as a warning.

We also banned some people who did not get caught in the first wave a few weeks ago, but had other violations on their accounts.

We suspended more than 500 people for seven days, who were not caught in the first wave - but perhaps made the mistake of thinking that the first wave of suspensions was an attempt at “humor.”

The third stage of anti-hacker sweeps has begun. Please keep an eye on your friendly neighborhood Herald for the results of the next wave, which will consist primarily of bannings

Source: http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1617.shtml

QQ FEEDBACK:

Cheathead1 said:
I just got an email:

This account was found violating clauses 14, 15, and 16 of our Player Rules of
Conduct regarding any disassembly or modification of any of the Game's
executable code, databases and/or files; or interference with or attempt to
decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running Dark Age of Camelot.

This violation occurred after the June 22nd, 2004 release of New Frontiers.
Your account is now being suspended for 7 days. Any continued violation of
clauses 14, 15, or 16 after this suspension will result in further disciplinary
action including permanent termination of this account.

Cheathead2 said:
:( I recieved the same email today. Haven't been able to confirm if it's locked, but I'm sure it is.

*shrug* Can't be upset because it was my choice to take the risk. My DAOC did crash once(when I closed XXXXXXX by accident while alt-tab'd out of the game).

EDIT: Account Suspension Confirmed.

Cheathead3 said:
Yep, got the same e-mails myself today. /Cheer mythic, when they issued the warnings about "anti-hack" tech I stopped using xxxxx but after about two weeks of getting blatenly radar killed from others still using radar I really got pissed and wrote it off as BS and began using it again. Now hopefully this new round of Bans will create a more level playing field.

Cheathead4 said:
I got banned as well what i used to do was close everything before daoc /q and it would do an error mesage then i did /q and then close it... so i dont know what happend guess they do detect it, i use xxxxxx my friend uses xxxxxx ill ask if he got banned.

Cheathead5 said:
My friend just got banned for 7 days also...Thing is, He stopped using xxxxxxxx
for NF to come out, and never used it exept one time just to see if it was still working for like 5 minutes about 2 weeks ago. He never checked for an update so was using xxxxxxxx from way back few weeks before nf came out...ofcourse it was all messed up and so he logged out of the game. I guess he fell into that "not caught in the first wave' category...Another thing tho, I know somoene else thats been using newest xxxxxx 2.0.11 and no ban nada...altho haven't really gone into nf with it if that mattered
All you that recieved the bans were u using the latest xxxxxx or an older one like 2.0.1
??

and really who gives a fuck if their in as a gues or with a name...just cuz i have a name does that give me more credit..even tho its as fake as guest?

quit bitchin plz

Cheathead6 said:
Banned for 7 days. Computer was locking up at random when I was using it. Oh welt. Gets me out of my house now.

Cheathead7 said:
Also banned for 7 days. Stopped using all radar before NF, and after no word after the first wave of radar 'slap on the wrists' I tried xxxxxxx out (sick of getting beelined...)

I never crashed to the desktop once. I only used xxxxx on two occasions for a grand total of four to five hours of gametime. I was using the latest and greatest xxxxxxx, never had it before so never had any old versions.

Oh well, /applaud mythic. I was having a lot of fun before when most people were scared to use radar, only started using it because i was getting beelined by a few folks on my server regularly.

Cheathead8 said:
ya i also got suspended for 7 days this afternoon.. i reformatted the day before NF release (getting rid of xxxx and yyyyyyyyy) and have only used zzzzzzzzz since nf went live, and im guessing thats why i got suspended lol.. uber!!!

Cheathead9 said:
got the letter myself...

just started using it bout 2 weeks ago...

been using the new verion 2.0.1.1.

never crashed or nothing like that... dont thing my bott acount will get the ban, since i never ran xxxxx on that account, but will havta wait till i get home...

7 days ban btw... lets hope they got us all... and not let some slip through the cracks... since having this, you can truely see how many people out there are using it too... lets hope, mythic can actually put a stop to it... im all for the all or nothing scenario, if NO one can cheat, that is good, otherwise, EVERYONE should be able to cheat... we will see what happens

Arrowhead

Cheathead10 said:
stay current on the xxxxxxx releases. I have been using 2.0.11 as soon as it came out. The email doesn't say when I was caught using it, however I did use it with 2.0.10 for a while, so that might be when.

I take my hat off to Mythic. Kudos for them!

Cheathead11 said:
I know some xxxxx users that were not caught and others that were; rumor from a certain person is that Mythic knows of -all- the users and is somewhat crippled by the data: TOO MANY PEOPLE RADAR.

Here's how it works.

- Mythic knows everyone that radars.
- There are something like 10,000 accounts with radar.
- First wave Mythic bans 1%, ~ 100 people.
- People see bans go out and cut back on radar.
- There are something like 7,500 accounts with radar.
- Mythic sees a reduction but people take it too lightly.
- Mythic bans ~ 500 with 7 day bans, which is an increase.
- Mythic bans repeat offenders permanently.

Now I'm betting that radar numbers will be cut in half at least. Mythic is just trying to cut its loses by selective, smaller bans to reduce the number of users overall.

Cheathead12 said:
st verified from a friend that his accounts is now perma-banned.. he will NEVER have access to that account again.. he was originally caught and given the 24 hour suspension in round 1 of the anti-hacker campaign.. he just got off the phone w/ mythic to learn his account is closed for good, will not be reopened, and his fee's paid are non refundable, and they will not discuss it further...

I suggest you uninstall xxxx immeditately...

Cheathead13 said:
We all knew taking up radar was a risk, but it was fun while it lasted. Seriously, did you expect to play this game forever? The game was on its decline even with New Frontiers out. It was and is being outclassed by other MMORPGs coming out and quite frankily, I am looking forward to SWG's space combat expansion this fall. SWG is a great game, lots of open endedness, a thriving player economy, and a rich social environment. Mythic made a bad move by banning players using the radar because most of the hardcore gamers are among those using radar. Honestly, do you think people got RR10 because they played it legit? Hell no, they all had radar.

What's left? Newbies or Casual players will be roaming the dungeons and keeps of DAoC after the next few waves of bans, but expect to see way less hardcore gamers. RvR aside, radar was really helpful for people who get lost easily anyhow. It was a great navigation tool, how many of people here would get frustrated if you didn't know where to go most of the time? I'll be joining the many who will be cancelling their subscription plans this week. They'll learn that their so called "righteous crusade" will end in folly, the losses they get from this might make give them a smack in the face. Sanya can just eat **** also, her ugly chubby **** can go look for another job if Mythic loses enough money. So long DAoC and crappy Mythic there are better games out there to play (In all honesty I only played on 7 days of a month's subscription, it was boring but I felt lazy to unsubscribe) and many promising companies that don't take years to fix a bug.

Mythic gives all promises and never does jack for a long time. You guys should all go try out SWG, at least the devs give a hoot what players think and fixes/features go in way quicker than Camelot."

Cheathead14 said:
This account was found violating clauses 14, 15, and 16 of our Player
Rules of Conduct regarding any disassembly or modification of any of the
Game's executable code, databases and/or files; or interference with or
attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running
Dark Age of Camelot. This violation occurred after the June 22nd, 2004
release of New Frontiers. Your account is now being terminated.

The full Prohibited Conduct and Rules of Conduct are included below:

CONCLUSION: I'm selling whatever I have left. Not playing without radar and definetly not risking loosing another account.

Good bye.

Note: Remove this program from your PC ASAP and do NOT use it again. I took the risk because I was not going to play without radar, but I could have sold before getting banned."

Cheathead15 said:
Your account for Mythic Entertainment's game "Dark Age of Camelot" has been permanently terminated due to violations of our Code of Conduct. You will not be able to log into this account again. The details of the violations are as follows:

CSR ticket number *********

Policy: Prohibited Conduct [clauses: 14,15,16]
Account: yougotfuxord

Screwed.. hmm wonder if there is anything i can do."

Cheathead16-23%CheatDev said:
xxxxxx
Script Kiddy
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:37 pm Post subject: New round of bannings
And the new stealth fixes didn't prevent it.

xxxxxx
Script Kiddy
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:03 pm Post subject:
got me too

xxxxxx
Script Kiddy
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:10 pm Post subject:
got me too, 7 day suspension.

xxxxx
Script Kiddy
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:10 pm Post subject:
same ><

xxxxx
Script Kiddy
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:11 pm Post subject:
1st warning here

xxxx
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:14 pm Post subject: HAHA
HAHA.
Stupid ****

Admin
Site Admin
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:17 pm Post subject:
That means that they are using a different method now to detect people. I will have to do some more research into it to further hide xxxx.

RadarDev
Site Moderator
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:24 pm Post subject:
That is interesting since I even put in code in the XX Service to prevent the detection packet from reaching mythic.

They must have added another one.

xxxxx
Script Kiddy
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:18 pm Post subject:
Got hit."

Cheathead24 said:
"xxxxxx
Script Kiddy
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:36 pm Post subject:
10 seconds ago ALOT of people i know got their accounts terminated or suspended. That was pretty ******* ***.. they just wiped the servers with 7 day suspensions or insta terminations. and YES this DID just happen

Cheathead25 said:
xxxxxxx
Script Kiddy
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:38 pm Post subject:
so will xx be safe to use ever again?"

Cheathead26 said:
"Guest
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:35 pm Post subject: DO NOT RADAR IF YOU VALUE YOUR ACCOUNT!
LIsten up my account just got banned and i used xxxx so i would advise all of you to stop radaring this is unfortunate to many except me since i hated this game and am glad my account finally got banned if anyone has any skeptizism IM me at : Keo****plaiboi thats my AIM screen name ill send you the email mythic sent me i know alot of u love this game with a passion and if u value ur toon i would advise not radaring but hell im happy i got banned dark age was a drain on my ****** life now i think i can move on ^_^

-Speeeeed 50 bard Hib Lancelot R.I.P.

Cheathead27 said:
xxxxx
In Training
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:46 pm Post subject:
I feel the same way bro, I have been looking at some other games since NF came out because NF blows cheesenuts. Besides mythics customer services is worse than walmart standing in line to return an item. The CSR's are rude and clueless half the time.
Favorite Csr comment: "Working as intended" stooopid

Cheathead28 said:
randomplayer
Script Kiddy
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:54 pm Post subject:
I haven't been banned but I'm with you. If Mythic bans me, I take 3 accounts with me because I will quit all together. I don't use it in NF, just PVE. This game has turned into a total POS with NF and alot of people are quitting anyway. Add the people they are banning that quit. Then do you think they can afford to perma ban people? I doubt it, because that would be the dumbest thing they ever did. Ever hear of domino effect? My friends quit, it is no longer fun, I quit, etc.

If Mythic perma bans people they could really be in for a surprise with a few thousand account losses in revenue over a few months. I'd say if Mythic employees value their jobs they will try to keep the reamaining clients they have. Suspensions are the way to go because they can still charge for the month but if they make the suspensions too long then people will cancel. People are already cancelling with 7 day suspensions.

I really don't think it is worth it to spend time,resources and losing clientele to perma ban people unless they are appealed for other stuff and are menaces. otherwise they are going to see a snowball effect that brings this game down.

Like I said, if I get banned, I'm taking 3 accounts wiith me personally and I have alot RL friends that play with me and they will all bail too. So that is about 13 accounts they will lose from one perma ban, not to mention the people THEY bring with them. if I see people dropping off our already underpopulated server like flies, I'm out. Mythic is playing with fire and needs to look at their big fiancial future, espescially if they plan on ever releasing/selling another MMORPG."

oh-kay

Cheathead29-33 said:
xxxxxxxx
Script Kiddy
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:11 pm Post subject: Bannings and latest game.dll
I seem to remember getting a new game.dll after the game.dll fix for /effects none bug on Thursday July 15th. My recollection was on Friday July 16th an undocumented updated game.dll was sent out.

Could that be the source of new "detection code"

Just a thought, no banning for either of my accounts and I have done the following:

>xxxx<

Hope this helps pinpoint the problem Admin/xxxxx

Gonna keep it on the DL for now

Thanks for all of the work, I have faith you'll get it figured out.

xxxxxxxxx
In Training
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:17 pm Post subject:
I think I know what you're talking about because on that day I recall downloading game.dll update a second time on the computer I use xxxxxx with while my bot computer never downloaded it a second time. I will look at file dates now to see if there is a difference.

xxxxxxxx
In Training
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:18 pm Post subject:
robotsahoy wrote:
I think I know what you're talking about because on that day I recall downloading game.dll update a second time on the computer I use xxxxxxx with while my bot computer never downloaded it a second time. I will look at file dates now to see if there is a difference.

Out of Paranoia on my part.. soon as I see a game update I stop the process and turn off xxxxxx .. then go back to downloading whatever it is.

No Bans' here.

xxxxxxxx
In Training
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:28 pm Post subject:
Well I looked in my daoc folders and both game.dll files had the same date and time stamp as well as the same size so I was either wrong or Mythic patched again since then.

xxxxxxxx
In Training
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:53 pm Post subject:
Knock on wood, I haven't received any notification either, and I have beem using xxxxxxx the entire time. Not sure why my accounts weren't spotted and others were. I used the anti-detection choice, and I have been using Windows, too.

How is Mythic detecting xxxxxx? I'm not a programmer or computer science major, so it's all a mystery to me. "

Cheathead34 said:
This is a letter to Mythic sent to them by e-mail today.

Dear Mythic:
You have the right to ban anyone you want. I have been banned today, on the second infraction.

It should bother me, and I guess it does a bit. But… Not really.

After years of playing a game, trying to get to an end game in RVR where skills made the difference in fighting, TOA effectively made DAOC a children’s game which PVE is required and trinkets make you uber. Skills will never amount to anything in DAOC, because of the continual extra stuff and gimmes you MUST get to be able to compete. I, long ago, tired of the leveling grind. I made 50 with 3 characters with lgm armourcrafting and got spellcrafted armour and weapons and was competitive and viable. We began sharpening tactics to make ourselves a force to be contended with.

TOA hit. It would NOT be a major factor in RVR (mythic said). You could do it of you wanted or not (mythic said). It would help groups in RVR, but wouldn’t effect the individual much if at all (mythic said). At least, that was the Mythic line (lie). I said then that I would quit when I became non-competitive. When that time came, I didn’t want to quit. I decided to use a third party program to keep me competetive with the Highly effective individual artifacts now in regular use by most of the children playing this game.

Many of your old heads have quit rather than use radar. I should have. There is no honor in being banned. I was very dissatisfied with the direction Mythic decided to go. You, Mythic have lost many customers with your choices and method of business and will lose many more I am sure.

Suffice it to say that you, Mythic, ruined the game for many, including me. I now am glad to join the ranks of those who wanted an end game without continual PVE to keep you at the top of the game. I say not fare well, because I don’t really care how you fare.

Macwyn, Machomann, Macean

A PM someone received who is posting the closed cheat board content over at vgn:

Cheathead35 said:
"From: rillanonx
To: bootcha
Posted: Tue July 19, 2004 11:50 am
Subject: You suck ***

ur the douche thats sticking this all on the vn board? U suck **** man. this is a private ******* forum, understand that *******? private so dont u **** off allreaddy and leave us alone?
U think ur funny? wait until you come back to merlin, we are going to gank your ******* all over the frontier, ***** "

Fear them!

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Heh GG, I didnt actualy think they'd ever find a cure for radar.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
CONCLUSION: I'm selling whatever I have left. Not playing without radar and definetly not risking loosing another account.

hahahahaha what a retarded monkey
"cant cheat so i quit"

Your account for Mythic Entertainment's game "Dark Age of Camelot" has been permanently terminated due to violations of our Code of Conduct. You will not be able to log into this account again. The details of the violations are as follows:

CSR ticket number *********

Policy: Prohibited Conduct [clauses: 14,15,16]
Account: yougotfuxord

Screwed.. hmm wonder if there is anything i can do."

hahahaha he got fuxored indeed

wonder how many people here will get fuxored!

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Hahahahahahahahaha!
:clap: :cheers: :clap:

And oh my god what people are justifying their radar usage with.. ML disadvantages..Artifact disadvantages.

And here I go again: ahahahahahahahahahahaahhaa!!

Oh, as for their private secret board: ahahahahahahahaha!

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Poor Gimps!

Not!!!!11111nihohohohoho

Maybe Goa puts it in before NF and Radarusers Accounts get suspended/terminated. xD

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Now that's entertainment :D

Have to agree with Morch, wonder how many on this side of the pond will be in for a nasty shock.

Bwahaha... why not just change some file names and edit some code and Mythics new anti-cheat won't catch you o_O

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
What's left? Newbies or Casual players will be roaming the dungeons and keeps of DAoC after the next few waves of bans, but expect to see way less hardcore gamers. RvR aside, radar was really helpful for people who get lost easily anyhow. It was a great navigation tool, how many of people here would get frustrated if you didn't know where to go most of the time?

Hardcoregamers who´re getting lost in the frontiers...
ROFL

Suffice it to say that you, Mythic, ruined the game for many, including me

ROFLMAO

Lythande

Fledgling Freddie
Cheating fuckwit
Post subject: I have no complains about XU, all questions were always answer.... but I got 7 day suspension on my account, which is ok, (just letting XU know that DAoC still is detecting XU) I dont like the game anymore, it has NO SKILLS anymore, its just which realm has the bigger numbers. So I canceled my DAoC account today, the game just SUCKS. Cant wait for WoW or guild wars to come out.

Drac.

Haha, oh the irony.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Hohohohahahahahehehehhihihihihihohohoho! Pure comedy this! :D

Imho every radaruser/cheater should get a visit by a big mafia grunt and slaped silly with a trout! (preferably rotten!) :clap:

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think the cheaters get the point, by banning em all to hell (for them anyway, no game to cheat on), they make the game healthy and alive again. Allowing casual gamers to have some more fun, they will tell their friends it's great again.. and more subs are getting paid.

Serdan

Fledgling Freddie
Solothores said:
Is there a better way to begin your morning as to have a nice cup of tea and browse the comments of suspended and banned cheaters...

Great quotes, Solothores! Nice to see that the new detection system really working. :) I think on EU servers never was so much cheating as in US, and with NF out we will have more or less clean RvR. Nice job, Mythic!

P.S. Radar users must die! :flame:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Yeppy Kinkster said:
Bwahaha... why not just change some file names and edit some code and Mythics new anti-cheat won't catch you o_O
If it was that easy dont you think the script kiddies who got caught in the 2nd wave would have done this already....now go back to CS!

Some real laughable posts there, "cant RvR without it", "cant PvE without it"!! Damn, how the hell did 99.9% of the euro servers get to 50 and RRXX....oh yeah, the old fashioned way.

Hopefully these tools are winging their way to GOA, who can do exatly the same, then hopefully we can have a laugh at "EUcheatingfuckwit" when they come here to whinge.

Anyone else seeing the demise of certain players and guilds?

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
haha...great post.

I don't see a reason why radarusage would be less common in Europe though. I'd say its pretty naive to think otherwise.

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
poor all you accusers when the rvr guilds wont be banned and you are out of excuses :(

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Hehehe! All those guys saying they can't play without Radar must be either gimped to hell or just plain crap at the game!

I'm soooo glad Mythic are stopping the cheats. The losers in the quotes say that Mythic are going to lose lots of accounts from people who cheat. Fine, but I bet they gain lots of accounts from people who think it's worth playing again because the cheaters are gone.

I gave up playing Diablo/Diablo2 because of all the cheats, wasn't worth playing. I'd have kept playing if there were no cheats.

Bye Bye cheaters. Say goodbye to all the time & effort it took to get your 50s!

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
if goa make 160 000 customers happy its worth banning 500 accounts, t b h

A

Aoln

Hope GOA do the same soon, want to see who suddenly takes a 1 week vacation ;)

Appendix

Fledgling Freddie
Just curious, does anyone know how Mythic manages to detect radar? I'm guessing they have implemeted some sort of spyware code in their client to detect if certain third party software is installed or running. As much as I dislike cheating and cheaters this seems to me as a bit orwellian should it be the case. I wonder if this is a wise move from Mythic's side since spyware might even become illegal in the future whereas radar use is merely a violation of their CoC.

Serdan

Fledgling Freddie
Nott said:
haha...great post.

I don't see a reason why radarusage would be less common in Europe though. I'd say its pretty naive to think otherwise.

You can check some old data here:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=22237

and here:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=3933

and compare number of radar users for Camlann(115) and Mordred (669).

For other servers the difference is not so huge, cause the data was taken in PvE zones.

I wonder if hellfish or Miff can provide some more recent data. Would be interesting to see how things changed after ToA.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Bleh, they should permanently terminate accounts that use any sort of cheats/hacks what so ever.

But still, good news! :)

feac

Fledgling Freddie
hopefully this will be 1 of the features that GOA put on our servers early like they do with some fixes when they patch :) and no pussy footing about just perma ban no 1 week bans :)

Nimah™

Loyal Freddie
Very nice :p Was sick of getting a fg on my ass even when im totally hidden (once near some graveyard, behind a tree in the middle of no where - emain they came running up to me like i was jumping up and down on a milegate :eek: )

Hope they got them all, will definatly be better to rvr now :worthy:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Suffice it to say that you, Mythic, ruined the game for many, including me

OMG, I can't stop laughing!!!11one What a stupid fella :m00:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom