Bands you'd like to say 'Fuck you' to?

M

mank!

If you grab it by the horns you might be able to drag it back on topic.

N

newborn

Originally posted by maxi--
Had they of made another 3 ok Computer/Bends albums, They'd be slagged off just as much for not moving on artisticly, i think what makes Radiohead one of the best bands in the world today, is that they can move on creatively and artisticly, yet still hold an appeal to a mass audience, and still make amazing songs.

I wasn't suggesting another three albums like OK Comp/the bends, just another three albums without the typical in-depth colon investigation which seems to accompany the writing of radiohead albums these days. i mean i don't blame them for wanting to be the next pink floyd, but they seem to forget pink floyd also knew how to write a tune.

M

maxi--

with their three previous albums they had pretty much taken their genre and type of rock as far as it would go, Ok Computer was the pinicle. It is natural progression for such a band to do so. Its just not what you wanted. Its is good musically.

R

ReActor

Originally posted by maxi--
with their three previous albums they had pretty much taken their genre and type of rock as far as it would go, Ok Computer was the pinicle. It is natural progression for such a band to do so. Its just not what you wanted. Its is good musically.

I'm sort of with maxi on this one (although we differ on Amnesiac which I think was a pile of shite for the most part). Radiohead have made a lot of mistakes but they're still a brilliant band. If Hail To The Thief had been a crap album, I'd have abandoned them completely. But it's full of great tunes... it doesn't have the cultural impact of OK Computer, but the same degree of blood sweat and tears went into it and come out of it. It's restored my faith in them.

D

doh_boy

I'll have to listen to hail to the theif but the other two were tosh for the most part. And radiohead should stop doing videos :eek7:

R

ReActor

Originally posted by doh_boy
I'll have to listen to hail to the theif but the other two were tosh for the most part. And radiohead should stop doing videos :eek7:

Haven't you seen the video for There There? That was brilliant.

S

scott_church

a big, no, gigantic fuck u and fuck off to dave grohl, there are so many more talented drummers out there. he should fuck off and die, he has so many fans who have never even heard decent music in their lives. and that Taylor in the foos? he can go hang himself 2 the bastard.

big fuck offs to good charlotte, busted, pink, almost anything that gets to number 1 nowadays, FUCK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Grohl should not be anywhere near the led zep reunion either, the original drummer is still better and hes dead!!!!

S

scott_church

Originally posted by doh_boy
give one good reason that they should stop. can your primitive brain not handle the inner meanings of radioheads masterpiece videos?

X

Xtro

Someone's been taking Behavioural Management lessons from Scooba.

N

newborn

Originally posted by scott_church
give one good reason that they should stop.

their videos since No Surprises have been unadulterated tosh. much like their music in fact.

S

scott_church

why does everyone see this barrier between the bends and kid a? even ok computer was a change from pablo honey(mainly because they had discovered talent between pablo honey and ok computer) if you actually bother to listen to the music and lyrics you can see that change was inevitable after the bends, as it was already happening!

listen to all of the radiohead albums in chronological order and you will see that the change was not sudden, as has been said before, they were moving on artistically and as such have created new genres, which few bands ever do.

N

newborn

Originally posted by scott_church
why does everyone see this barrier between the bends and kid a? even ok computer was a change from pablo honey(mainly because they had discovered talent between pablo honey and ok computer) if you actually bother to listen to the music and lyrics you can see that change was inevitable after the bends, as it was already happening!

listen to all of the radiohead albums in chronological order and you will see that the change was not sudden, as has been said before, they were moving on artistically and as such have created new genres, which few bands ever do.

ah you're talking about fitter happier. i can see your point, cos that was shit aswell.

S

scott_church

i am not talking about fitter happier at all, i am talking about the mood shift between ALL of the albums, except pablo honey and ok computer the shift between those was radiohead being able to write multiple good tracks on one album and also they started to become good guitarists.

N

newborn

i suppose them becoming good guitarists encouraged them to produce an album full of electronica based music then.

M

maxi--

Jonny said he was bored of playing the guitar, after Ok Computer (and even during)

he had pretty much done everything he could with it.

L

leggy

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
Fuck your cock?

But how?

I can't help you there,

Users who are viewing this thread