Bands you'd like to say 'Fuck you' to?

X

xenon2000

Originally posted by ECA
Mixmag are the epitomy of my hatred in this respect, for eg what they did to hardcore and more recently prog, ie building it up then 6-12 months later slagging it off.

I haven't read mixmag in a while but always used to find them one of the less-biased dance magazines when it comes to reviews. Muzik always used to be far worse... still, things could have changed since then i suppose.

A

Anasyn

Fuck You Metallica, just for St Anger really..

I'd like to point out that I'm not necessarily into their type of music, but S&M ruled and when my m8 put on St Anger (that he brought) I turned it off 3 songs in.
And then I read/heard other ppls opinions and am henceforth glad that I did.

Oh, and a big, big, big FUCK YOU, YOU BASTARDS to "Blazin Squad" not only for being utter wank, but also for desecrating Tha' Crossroads and tearing apart an utterly great song.

Also a not so big Fuck You to Crowded House for actually being absolute class, and not coming back to show some of these amateurs nowadays how to produce good music.

R

ReActor

Originally posted by doh_boy
The Libertines for fucking about like tossers (pete left the band got caught braking and entering and set-up another band called the libertines :|)
AAAAAAAAAAARGH YES. FUCK the Libertines for being an amazing band but ballsing everything up for NO FUCKING REASON!

I'd also like to say FUCK YOU GOOD CHARLOTTE. For releasing a song called 'The Anthem' which is only an anthem for the kind of lame gurning idiots who think dressing in black and singing about how you're so fucking different actually makes you different. I hate this trend in pop where old fashioned rock and roll rebellion is repackaged in easy-to-swallow chunks for kids. Might as well call them "Papa Roach Snax". These guys are in their late 20s for fuck's sake.

Oh yeah, and Busted :)

N

newborn

i would like to say a big FUCK YOU to radiohead for producing 3 quality albums then following them up with 3 albums of self-indulgent horsewank. and to daniel bedingfield, just for being shit.

N

Nibbler

Originally posted by newborn
i would like to say a big FUCK YOU to radiohead for producing 3 quality albums then following them up with 3 albums of self-indulgent horsewank.

:eek7:

M

maxi--

newborn a muse fan?

heehee.

and pablo honey was pish, it was more horsewank than Kid A or Amnesiac. You can't even class Hail To The Thief in the same league as those two, its a far more rock orientated album.

N

newborn

pablo honey had tunes on it which is more than can be said for the last three.

S

Sir Frizz

There are seven deadly sins!

So that means irony hereby is septuple!

S

Sir Frizz

Me neither, let's make up the rules so we both win yeah?

N

newborn

Originally posted by maxi--
You're wrong.

you know for a music fan you really do fail to grasp one of the key features of what makes music in general great - it's about opinions and personal taste, either of which i really think you can claim to be wrong.

X

Xtro

you know for a music fan you really do fail to grasp one of the key features of what makes music in general great - it's about opinions and personal taste, either of which i really think you can claim to be wrong.

Besides being a "fan" he's just a common garden troll. You've hit the nail on the head newborn and welcome to the forums.

Who actually gives a fuck if NME boy doesn't think your individual taste is cool enough? No one, fuck him. He can go back to wanking over his records and sniping in the corner.

D

danger

Newborn hit the nail EXACTLY 900% on the head, three albums of immense greatness followed by three albums of “self indulgent horse wank” (heh that made me chuckle)... I just couldn't get into any of those three albums... The bends ranks along side Dark side of the moon and lateralus as one of my all time fave albums :(

T

Tom

How about fck u to Pet Shop Boys, for being quite good originally, and then getting shitter as they got gayer.

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by danger
Newborn hit the nail EXACTLY 900% on the head, three albums of immense greatness followed by three albums of “self indulgent horse wank” (heh that made me chuckle)... I just couldn't get into any of those three albums... The bends ranks along side Dark side of the moon and lateralus as one of my all time fave albums :(

I liked pyramid song but anything after that I couldn't like, actually I wasn't a big fan of ok computer but karma police was good and ummm another one.... can't remember ... :( bugger

M

maxi--

Anything anyone ever tells you as a fact or otherwise should be treated as an opinion, theres no physical wrong or right to every single person. You get the idea anyway, and you replied exactly as expected. Its far too much hassle to, every time you express your thoughts, add "yeah this is JUST my opinions guys, etc etc" It's a given that what i say is my opinion, whether i say so or not.

As for the reasons why i think Kid A and Amnesiac were/are good:

firstly, Kid A has 3 amazing tracks, Idioteque, Everything in its right place, National Anthem. Kid A and How To Dissapear Completely are good, Morning Bell, In Limbo and Optismistic are too, Motion Picture Soundtrack is pretty gash I'll agree, and Treefingers is shite.

That makes for me Kid A a GOOD album.

Amnesiac IS brilliant, far better than Kid A, more focused I think, not ONE poor track on the album, they're all superb. Knives Out, Dollars & Cents, You and Whose army?, I Might Be Wrong, Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box, Push/Pull revolving Doors, Like Spinning plates are Life In A Glass house are all fucking excellent.
I haven't named all the tracks on the album, but they're the stand out ones to me.

Hail To The Thief is also excellent, 2+2=5 I dont see how Ok Computer/Bends fans cannot like that song, it's totally like Radiohead from around that time. The res of the album is lush musically, but im bored of churning out song names, needless to say i like it a lot.

yeah they're not Ok Computer or The Bends, but Radiohead wouldn't have made Ok Computer if they were your avg-mor-rock band.

Had they of made another 3 ok Computer/Bends albums, They'd be slagged off just as much for not moving on artisticly, i think what makes Radiohead one of the best bands in the world today, is that they can move on creatively and artisticly, yet still hold an appeal to a mass audience, and still make amazing songs.

Additionally there is the I Might Be Wrong Live LP, which i encourage EVERY radiohead fan to buy, whether they liked Kid A/Amnesiac or not. It's all the best stuff off both albums, but they REALLY rock out, honestly you have to get this album.

There.

John

X

Xtro

According to theorist Jean Baudrillard, all culture is based upon communication. This communication is based on the exchange of signs and symbols, and traditionally the symbolic world and the real world have been kept separate. In a mass communication culture, this is no longer the case. Electronic media has destroyed the distinctions between the symbolic and the real, creating what Baudrillard calls “hyperreality.” In hyperreality, signs become detached from their referents – representations no longer have any relationship to what they purport to represent. Signs only signify other signs, and meaning (as we traditionally think of it) is lost.

I like to think that in between postmodern dissections of American global policy decisions, Baudrillard follows the career of one of America’s most successful celebrities (and thus, a master of the hyperreality generator), Jennifer Lopez. Ms. Lopez (the only safe title due to intermittent marriages) has managed to fuse all parts of her celebrity into one brand: J. Lo. All signs – J. Lo the actress, J. Lo the singer, J. Lo the model – serve one purpose: to enhance the status of J. Lo. So that J. Lo star in more films, make more albums, and make the cover of more magazines. There is no deeper goal than increased visibility, which is a value that sets postmodern social reality apart from social realities of the past. Visibility is worth, and worth is visibility: how important can you be if you aren’t on TV? Cause and effect break down. Hyperreality personified. J. Lo.

There.

John

M

mank!

Back on the right side of the entrance hall, use your new rune as a Reveal
Invisible alignment to reveal a hidden door where the mysterious rune thing on
the wall was before. Use your basement key to unlock the door and go in. At
the bottom, defeat the two zombies and autopsy one of them, then pick up the
spell scroll at the edge of the fountain and the nearby codex. There is some
ammo in the corner beside the stairs. When you have picked everything up, use
your pump handle on the pump beside the well to empty it and go down the
ladder.

The first time you go down you will get a nice sanity effect, so try again,
and you will encounter a transparent zombie carrying a rune. You should now
be able to construct the Damage Field spell. Go down the stairs. If you look
over the edge of the balcony, you can see the city the third letter spoke of.
Continue down the stairs once the shield has been dispelled by the rune you
just picked up.

At the bottom, a guardian will appear. Follow and kill it. If you enchant your
dual flintlocks with the rune of his weakness, it will go faster. Try to avoid
the zombies he summons by running around them, and put some distance between
yourself and the minions after the boss fires off an attack. This will give you
time to reload, as you won't be getting pummeled on all sides. After that, you
see Max's fate...

M

maxi--

You're trying to fool somebody, but you end up fooling you're self
You read from the "book of the dead"* but you don't know what is about